President Donald Trump’s comments about “shithole countries” have set off a global furor and put American and foreign diplomats in the hot seat.
“When people show you who they are, believe them.” - Dr. Maya Angelou
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump is racist, UN says over vulgar Africa comments
- Haitian government claims ousted dictator ‘Baby Doc’ Duvalier laundered stolen money through Trump Tower
- Haiti ‘shocked’ by Trump comments, summons US envoy
- Trump issues warning, but continues to honor Iran deal
Trump is like an unsolicited dick pic was elected president. - Randi Mayem Singer
Meanwhile, Trump Is Ignoring Our Cybersecurity
The same Russian government-aligned hackers who penetrated the Democratic Party have spent the past few months laying the groundwork for an espionage campaign against the U.S. Senate, a cybersecurity firm said Friday.
The revelation suggests the group often nicknamed Fancy Bear, whose hacking campaign scrambled the 2016 U.S. electoral contest, is still busy trying to gather the emails of America’s political elite.
Trump and Kim Jong Un are like 2 horrible kids who still survived the Willie Wonka tour. - John Fugelsang
btw in 2011 Norwegian terrorist and mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik said immigrants were turning his country into a ... shithole. - Michael Tisserand
- Trump 'shithole' comments 'unhelpful,' Ryan says
- White House doesn't deny Trump's 'shithole' immigration remark
- Trump threatens to ‘record future meetings’ after claiming Dems ‘made up’ his attacks on Haitians
- Flake fires back at Trump: Your words were "abhorrent and repulsive"
- Fox News host: People who leaked Trump’s ‘sh*thole’ comments ‘make our country look bad’
- ‘Thanks, but no thanks’: Norwegians reject Trump’s immigration offer
- “Crazy” Donald Trump calls up Fox News all the time, network executive says
- Georgia commissioner demands $5 million after reprimand for calling civil rights hero John Lewis a ‘racist pig’
- ‘We’re not going to be dictated to by a racist, fascist white supremacist’: Ex-NFLer Chris Kluwe blisters Trump
- Despite political risk, Republicans tinker with welfare
- A former porn star reached a $130,000 deal just before the 2016 election to stay silent about an alleged sexual encounter with Donald Trump
"I don't think he's a racist in the traditional sense." MLK's nephew after appearance at the White House. Good Lord. - Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo
I hope the doctor giving Trump his physical today is a Haitian woman. - Rex Huppke
Does Trump Make Up This Stuff Or His Staff?
President Donald Trump blamed his decision not to visit the UK on a "bad deal" cut by the Obama administration over the relocation of the US embassy in London.
"Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for "peanuts," only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!" Trump tweeted.
Who cares what media outlets are deciding about the word “shithole”?
How about some media reporting on what they continue to decide about the word “racist”? - Wesley Lowery
The anniversary of the devastating earthquake 8 years ago is a day to remember the tragedy, honor the resilient people of Haiti, & affirm America’s commitment to helping our neighbors. Instead, we‘re subjected to Trump’s ignorant, racist views of anyone who doesn’t look like him.- Hillary Clinton
Rock The Voter News
- Obama: Innovations that helped elect me now dividing the country
- White House meeting attendee Dick Durbin destroys Trump’s ‘sh*thole’ denial: He was ‘hate-filled, vile and racist’
Hillary Clinton obviously made a mistake when she said half of the Republican Party was deplorable.
The ratio is MUCH HIGHER than that. - Elliot Lusztig
Billionaire Gives Millions To Dreamers
Jeffrey P. Bezos, founder of Amazon and owner of The Washington Post, announced Friday that he is donating $33 million to a scholarship fund for young "dreamers," immigrants brought to the United States illegally as children.
- T. Boone Pickens Calls It Quits on Energy Trading
- Facebook changes News Feed; investors click on 'sad'
- Elon Musk: So-called Valley sex party was just 'nerds on a couch'
- Over 500 people have gotten sick on Royal Caribbean cruises since December
Elon Musk is the greatest genius ever to attend an orgy thinking it's a costume party & then spend the evening wondering why everyone came dressed as naked people. - John Fugelsang
Why Does CNN Hire Right Wingnuts?
CNN political commentator Ed Martin is giving an award for “uncovering the truth” to James O’Keefe, who has targeted CNN with deceitful stings. Martin has repeatedly sought to delegitimize CNN both before and after being hired by the network.
Martin is a pro-Trump pundit who joined CNN in September 2017 despite previously calling the network “fake news” and “state-run media.”
“Don’t you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything.” ― David Bowie