Texas police defend 'complex' Uvalde shooting response
Law enforcement officials in Texas addressed questions about why officers waited an hour to engage the shooter who killed 19 children and two teachers in
The Uvalde police department sounds like they are covering their asses.
Nothing says ban assault rifles like cops being scared of the shooter who has one. - KevinSixx13 tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without Republicans
- In More Than 100 GOP Midterm Ads This Year: Guns, Guns, Guns
- Abbott calls Texas school massacre a mental health issue
- Texas Police Spox on Live TV Confirmed Cops Went In for Their Own Kids During Uvalde Shooting
- Schumer calls Texas governor an ‘absolute fraud’
- Senate GOP blocks domestic terrorism bill, gun policy debate
- Beto O'Rourke interrupts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's press conference following school shooting
Shaken Greg Abbott Describes Moment of Terror When Beto O'Rourke Talked To Him. - Andy Borowitz
Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.
I think what we have here is failure to communicate
The Parkland Cops ran away. The Buffalo Cop was killed instantly. The 3 Cops at Uvalde were overpowered, then waited 40 min to enter the school.Veteran Cops repeatedly failed—but we’re supposed to expect Lunch Lady Doris & School Nurse Betty to stop a terrorist with an AR-15. - Qasim Rashid tweet
- CNN Anchor Confronts Texas Republican: Why Do You Protect Embryos but Not Children?
- Trump loses appeal, must testify in N.Y. civil probe
- Trump Reportedly Complained About Pence Being Taken to Safety on Jan. 6 and Suggested He Really Should Be Hanged
- Trump hits back at Kellyanne Conway for admitting that he lost in 2020
- Trump Tells Kellyanne Conway to 'Go Back to Her Crazy Husband,' Denies Claim She Told Him He Lost 2020 Election
- Republican Wisconsin elections panel member resigns, says Trump lost
- Pastor That Screamed ‘You Cannot Be Christian and Vote Democrat’ Drops Tax-Exempt Status: ‘I Renounce 501(c)(3) Communism in this Church!’
Republicans says this is a mental health issue.They're right. They're f*cking crazy. - Stonekettle tweet
NRA Says Bye Bye To American Pie
“American Pie” singer Don McLean is nixing a performance at the annual National Rifle Association (NRA) meeting in the wake of the school shooting in Texas that killed at least 19 children.
“In light of the recent events in Texas, I have decided it would be disrespectful and hurtful for me to perform for the NRA at their convention in Houston this week,” McLean said in a Wednesday statement, according to multiple reports.
Americans Opposed to Being Shot Seek Representation in Washington. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
Just asked Sen. SINEMA what the Senate should be doing to protect transgender people."I'm going to get a cookie," she said, "but my staff will happily answer." - Pablo Manríquez
This Is Getting Interesting...
Defense attorneys for a Hillary Clinton campaign lawyer charged with lying to the FBI during the Trump-Russia probe showed jurors handwritten notes on Wednesday aimed at undercutting allegations that he misled the federal government about his legal work.
Can we stop calling the Republicans “pro life” — and start calling them pro-school-shootings? - Dash Dobrofsky
- The priciest homes face highest risk of wildfire, study finds
- Facebook blasts Apple power in newly released comments to government
- UN experts call upon nations to tap ‘unconventional water resources’
- 53 Percent Blame Fox News for Spread of ‘Extremist Ideologies Like White Supremacy And Anti-Semitism’ - 45% Blame CNN
Ted Cruz is what happens when a televangelist mates with the Sham-Wow guy. - John Fugelsang
MORE Jif Peanut Butter Warnings!
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced several more recalls with the recent outbreak of salmonella involving Jif peanut butter.
In the last few days, the FDA has recalled fresh-cut fruit and vegetable products from Del Monte, fudge by Fudgeamentals sold at some Walmart stores, store-prepared items containing peanut butter sold at Albertsons, and fresh-cut fruit snack trays and cups sold by Country Fresh.
A majority of Americans want legal abortion, and a vast majority want tougher gun laws. A government that operates. completely independent of the people’s wishes can’t be called a democracy. - Andy Borowitz