Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday defended President Donald Trump’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic by falsely claiming that the president had never sought to belittle the threat the virus posed.
“I don’t believe the president has ever belittled the threat of the coronavirus,” Pence said.
A massive trail of evidence shows otherwise, however.
I’m no epidemiologist, but I’m going to theorize that lives can be saved if a President doesn’t spend the first weeks of a pandemic golfing. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- 13 veterans dead, all staff and residents being tested for COVID-19 at Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke
- Marine Corps Closes Parris Island Boot Camp to New Recruits as COVID-19 Cases Spread
- Coronavirus Florida: DeSantis to order ‘all Floridians’ to stay put
- Desperate lawmakers hunt for medical supplies as Trump takes hands-off approach
- Pence task force freezes coronavirus aid amid backlash
- Pence: U.S. is working on 'surveillance testing'
- One death, multiple rescues on Pacific Crest Trail heighten calls to stay away during pandemic
- Federal prisons start 14-day lockdown to fight virus
- CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta: We May Need to Reconsider Whether US Public Should Be Wearing Face Masks
- Costa Rica will enforce strict measures to keep people home during Semana Santa
The President is a sociopath. He has no feeling about people suffering or dying. He uses these ridiculous press briefings as a campaign tool, managing the death toll like poll numbers. Trying to convince US that 200,000 deaths is a victory. Monstrous. - Rob Reiner
Trump Won't Reopen Obamacare During Pandemic. How Trumpian.
The Trump administration has decided against reopening Obamacare enrollment to uninsured Americans during the coronavirus pandemic, defying calls from health insurers and Democrats to create a special sign-up window amid the health crisis.
Donald Trump loves America so much that if he was married to America he would only leave it for a younger, hotter America. - John Fugelsang
- Trump changed tune on coronavirus after learning his infected friend fell into a coma: report
- Limbaugh Claims Media, Drudge Are Exaggerating Hospitalization Rates: You Would Think There's 'Not A Single Hospital Bed' Left
- Nunes: California canceling school year is 'way overkill'
- Media outlets pulling reporters from Trump press conferences because they’re a waste of time and a health risk: report
- Nice Time: Sean Hannity Offers 'Prayers' for Chris Cuomo's Coronavirus Recovery Despite His Ungrateful Brother Andrew
- GOP Senator Reports Millions More In Stock Sales, Dumping Retailers to Invest in Medical Gear
- George Conway Responds to McConnell in Op-Ed: Impeachment Didn't Distract from Coronavirus, Trump Did
- CNN's Acosta to Trump: You're Taking Coronavirus More Seriously Now, 'Hasn't Your Thinking Evolved?'
- Louisiana Pastor Said He Violated Governor’s Covid-19 Order ‘Because the Lord Told Us to’
- Worshippers gather for Louisiana church service after pastor charged
- 'MyPillow Guy' Mike Lindell Blasts 'Evil' Media Coverage of His Appearance at WH Briefing
Apparently you can get rapid testing if you have an underlying wealth condition. - Irishrygirl
Anyone Taking Bets That The Projected Death Count Will Be Triple That Amount?
Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx offered sobering projections at Tuesday’s White House briefing, saying that with mitigation the United States could face between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths from the coronavirus.
Trump Catches Melania Watching Cuomo Briefing. - Andy Borowitz
I'm old enough to remember when people thought it was hyperbole to say people will die because of Donald Trump's incompetence and negligence. - Steven Beschloss
Rock The Voter News
- Poll: Biden holds wide lead over Sanders in Wisconsin
- Whoopi Goldberg Hounds Bernie Sanders About Dropping Out: ‘Why Are You Still in the Race?’
- Adam Schefter Attacks NFL For Holding Draft in April: ‘They’re Determined To Put This On While There’s Carnage in the Streets’
Yes. I think the Republican nominee is unfit to serve as President. - August 2, 2016, President Obama
Russia Sends U.S. a Planeload of Medical Supplies and Probably Ballots for Stuffing
Russia is sending a planeload of masks and other supplies to help the United States fight the coronavirus pandemic as the number of cases threatens to top 200,000 across the country.
My boredom has reached “Memorize the Vice Presidents” level. - Conan O'Brien
- Kellyanne Conway Tells Reporters Trump Deserves High Approval Rating Because 'The Economy is Humming Along'
- Fox News Draws Biggest Ratings Quarter Ever, CNN Prime Time Sees Massive Surge in Viewership
- Yale Epidemiologist Rips NY Times 'Journalistic Malpractice' on Coronavirus, is Told to 'Move Along' By Reporter
- FDA says anti-malaria drugs touted by Trump for coronavirus care are in shortage
Study Finds Most Restaurants Fail Within First Year Of It Becoming Illegal To Go To Them. - The Onion
Cruise Ship Not Allowed To Dock, Floating Aimlessly Off Florida
The U.S. Coast Guard has directed all cruise ships to prepare to treat any sick passengers and crew on board while being sequestered “indefinitely" offshore during the coronavirus pandemic.
The new rules require daily updates on each ship's coronavirus caseload for vessels in U.S. waters, and come with a stiff warning: Any foreign-flagged vessels “that loiter beyond U.S. territorial seas" should try first to medically evacuate the very sick to those countries instead.
New York Quickly Builds Thousands Of Emergency Hamptons Mansions To Shelter Wealthy. - The Onion
I'd Rather You Laugh Than Cry