The plea deal calls for a cap on prison time and dismisses deadlocked charges from an earlier trial pending cooperation with the Mueller probe.
I'm surprised that Manafort is more afraid of Mueller than Putin, unless Mueller is offering him a nice place in the witness protection program.
911, I HEAR LOUD SCREAMING COMING FROM THE WHITE HOUSE!! PLEASE SEND HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!!- Rex Huppke
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Super Typhoon Mangkhut is hurtling toward 37 million people in Asia
- Hurricane Florence makes landfall in North Carolina
- Donald Trump suggests, without evidence, that Democrats inflated Puerto Rico's hurricane death toll
- San Juan mayor buries Trump for denying Puerto Rican death toll: 'Delusional, paranoid and unhinged'
- Border official: Canadians entering US risk lifetime ban for marijuana use
- It's not just FEMA: ICE quietly got an extra $200 million
- Serena cartoon fuels debate about 'racist' Australia
The lack of empathy from Republicans is not shocking, it is who they are.
Trump Increases Cruelty To Children On A Record Breaking Scale
The number of migrant children being detained by the government has reached its highest level ever, according to a report by The New York Times. Data obtained by the Times showed that 12,800 children were detained in federal custody this month, compared to 2,400 children detained in May 2017. Federal shelters housing migrant children have remained filled at around 90 percent capacity since May of this year.
12,800 children at $775 per day means taxpayers are paying $9,920,000 a day for this madness. My tax money should be going to putting kids in classrooms not cages. - irishygirl
What's Trey Gowdy Up To?
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said this week that the GOP-controlled panel should release every interview transcript from its concluded Russia investigation.
- Kushner, Manafort were primary players in hiring Cambridge Analytica for Trump campaign
- Fox News host brutally fact-checks Eric Trump as he repeats dad's lies about the Obama economy
- Koch network pumps $1.3 million into Wisconsin to boost Walker
- Fans boycotting Willie Nelson after he agrees to headline Beto O’Rourke rally
- Live MSNBC audience showers Mississippi Republican with boos for racist defense of Confederate flag
- President Donald Trump starts 9/11 anniversary with pumping fists
- Steve Bannon drafting curriculum for right-wing Catholic institute in Italy
- FBI’s Wray: Americans ‘can have confidence’ in elections
- DeSantis blocks fundraiser over 'hurtful and disgusting racial slurs'
- US Congress aim to delay border wall funding fight until December
As part of Paul Manafort's plea deal, he'll forfeit various bank accounts and properties worth about $46 million dollars.
Someone should let Trump know that the Mueller investigation just paid for itself. - Nick Jack Pappas
Bernie Sanders Determined To Give Trump A Second Term
Allies to Bernie Sanders say the Vermont Independent senator is increasingly likely to make a second bid for the White House in 2020 — once again as a Democrat.
Please respect Ivanka’s privacy during this difficult time where she waits 3-6 months to respond to her father’s comments about Puerto Rico and say she didn’t agree with him.- Chelsea Handler
If Trump wanted Hillary locked up he should have just hired her to his campaign. - Darth Putin tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Biden mocks Trump for denying Puerto Rico death toll
- FBI refuses to investigate secret letter allegations about Kavanaugh forwarded by Democratic Senator
- Dallas police shooting: police accused of smearing Botham Jean, man shot in his home, saying he had marijuana
Imagine if a black man broke into a white woman cop's house and killed her. Do you think the police would advertise the fact they found her few grams of weed?
This is why people don't trust cops.
This is why players kneel. - Tuxedo Mask tweet
I'm sick of racist white people. And I am a white people. - Koko
Feckless In The City
Progressive activist Cynthia Nixon on Thursday night lamented high voter turnout as a result of spending from her opponent New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), who easily defeated her in the state's Democratic gubernatorial primary.
Twenty-four years ago, I signed the Federal Assault Weapons Ban into law. It, along with other policies, led to a 33-year low in the murder rate. We’ve done it before—we should do it again. - Bill Clinton
- Ex-Trump business exec: Trump didn't want braille in Trump Tower
- Bezos rips Trump for ‘dangerous’ attacks on the media
- Woodward's book breaks 93-year publishing record
I hope they cast a black Superman. It would nice for a brotha to finally be faster than a speeding bullet. - Travon Free tweet
Bye Bye Beetle!
Volkswagen squashes the Beetle: End of the line for the iconic 'Bug'
"There are no immediate plans to replace it,” said VW’s CEO, before adding, “I would also say, 'Never say never.'”
Do I believe in climate change? Well, I just saw a mosquito steal a bike. - Conan O'Brien
I hope you had a good time today!