As tensions with North Korea escalate, Trump retweets several comparisons with Obama
Amid increasing tensions with North Korea, President Trump has taken to Twitter to highlight comparisons between his leadership and that of former president Barack Obama, including an unscientific, nearly week-old poll asserting he is the better president.
Just think, we’ll be able to tell our grandchildren, “I remember the day President Trump tweeted the nuclear launch codes.” - Conan O'Brien
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Graham: Trump told me he is ready to launch preemptive strike against North Korea
- North Korea unveils its plan to launch missiles toward Guam despite Trump warning
- More drama in Trumpland: Gorka publicly shuns Tillerson's effort to scale back North Korea red line
- Frustrated with Trump, McCain unveils Afghan war strategy
- USS John S. McCain conducts operation near China-held island
President Trump is on 17-day vacation at a golf course — and tweeted 15 times today.
Meanwhile the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, is also on vacation. Which is kind of suspicious. It’s like when your husband and secretary go on a work trip together. - Jimmy Kimmel
Does This Have RUSSIA Written All Over It, Or What?
The two-year-old U.S. diplomatic relationship with Cuba was roiled Wednesday by what U.S. officials say was a string of bizarre incidents that left a group of American diplomats in Havana with severe hearing loss attributed to a covert sonic device.
President Trump is in the middle of his 17-day trip to his New Jersey golf course, but he says it isn’t a vacation. And the staff at the White House said, “For us it is.” - Jimmy Fallon
YIKES! Putin Is Playing With Trump
As if Washington had not had enough of talking about Russia, the country’s air force sent an intelligence-gathering jet above the U.S. capitol, flying over the U.S. Capitol, Pentagon and the Central Intelligence Agency at low altitude on Wednesday.
But the president swears he’s not taking it easy, tweeting: “Working in Bedminster, N.J., as long-planned construction is being done at the White House. This is not a vacation — meetings and calls!” Meetings AND calls! Wow! Both of them! Trump has to do all that during his vacation? Man, I would NOT want to work for Vladimir Putin. Tough boss! - Seth Myers
- Trump to McConnell in third tweet: 'Get back to work,' 'You can do it!'
- Trump steps up attacks on McConnell for failure on health-care reform
- Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day
- Kelly joins list of Trump staffers to get Time magazine cover
- Trump campaign scandal: staffers had a love child and things are getting nasty
- In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it
- Suspended Fox News host Eric Bolling suing reporter over story on alleged lewd texts
- Trump's USDA pick wrote Obama wanted to 'enslave' opponents, seemed 'happy' after Benghazi
- Anthony Scaramucci Still Doesn't Know How Journalism Works
Scaramucci Acts As If He Misses The Limelight
Anthony Scaramucci says the profanity-laced phone call that preceded his ouster as White House communications director was recorded by a reporter without his permission.
Scaramucci used #lowlife to describe New Yorker reporter Ryan Lizza on Twitter on Wednesday night.
Former communications director Anthony Scaramucci wants to turn his time in the White House into a sitcom. Networks say it’s impossible, because sitcoms have to last at least 30 minutes. - Jimmy Fallon
|Scaramucci acts as though he's on cocaine, which would be right in line with Wall Street.|
As of Friday, Donald Trump is on a 17-day vacation at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. He’s there to relax after months of grueling golf at Mar-a-Lago. - Stephen Colbert
Fox News host Eric Bolling has been suspended following reports that he sent lewd photos to multiple female coworkers. Or as Fox News is reporting it: “Did Hillary Frame Eric Bolling? - Seth Myers
Rock The Voter News
- Barack Obama: In Praise Of Everyday Courage
- Federal judge orders State Department to search for more Clinton Benghazi emails
- Bill, Hillary Clinton scheduled to appear together in Texas during the fall
I Miss A President Who Could Laugh At Himself
Rapper and actor Will Smith says Barack Obama gave him his blessing to play the former president in a movie...“He told me that he felt confident that I had the ears for the role."
In honor of Tillerson revealing we're not actually going to war w/N. Korea I'm converting all old tweets into Trump Hypocrisy Bingo Cards. - John Fugelsang
- Simmering North Korea tensions knock back Wall Street
- Tesla's electric semi is reportedly autonomous and can move in 'platoons'
- Insurers cite uncertainty in filing ObamaCare rate hikes
- Chinese satellite sends 'hack-proof' message
Go ahead & mock Paul Manafort but show me on your resume where you worked for Putin & Trump at the same time. Didn't think so. - John Fugelsang
The US's Largest Trading Partner Nicely Tells Trump To STFU
China responded to US President Donald Trump's apocalyptic "fire and fury" threat against North Korea by pointedly warning on Wednesday against any rhetoric that could inflame tensions over Pyongyang's weapons programmes.
The Mars Curiosity Rover celebrated its fifth year in space by humming “Happy Birthday” to itself. The Rover then drank a bottle of white wine and cried itself to sleep. - Conan O'Brien