During the presidential campaign Donald Trump deflected questions about how he'd handle conflicts of interest as president—many of his business endeavors could benefit from shifts in government policy and/or serve as conduits with which to buy his favor—by saying his children would run his companies in a "blind trust." Observers pointed out that this would not really be a blind trust because the director of a blind trust is supposed to be independent of the trust's ultimate owner.
Remember in the debates how Trump started--cool, collected, almost presidential--till Hillary got to him? That's how the presidency will go. - George Takei
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- There have been more than 300 reported hate incidents since Election Day
- Trump and Putin 'will try to mend ties', Kremlin says
- Meeting the press for first time since Trump's win, Obama says president-elect is committed to NATO
Imagine if white nationalism upset Paul Ryan as much as the thought of working Americans being able to retire one day.-LOLGOP
Trump Oblivious To Hate Crimes He Inspired
In a “60 Minutes” interview Sunday night, President-elect Donald Trump said he had not heard reports of an increase in racial slurs and threats against minorities since his election.
“I am very surprised to hear that-- I hate to hear that, I mean I hate to hear that,” Trump said.
“But I think it’s a very small amount,” he added.
I wonder what Putin will get Trump for an Inauguration gift, but I heard what Trump is giving Putin. Don't tell anyone, but it's Ukraine.- Michael Ian Black
Trump Tweeting Is His Addiction
Donald Trump on Sunday continued to walk back some of his most controversial campaign rhetoric.
The president-elect went on a mini-tirade against The New York Times on Twitter, taking issue with the way the newspaper described his past statements about nuclear proliferation.
Great to see that the man who coined the word "libtard" will be the senior advisor to the potus while the First Lady tackles bullying. - Sarah Silverman
- KKK, American Nazi Party praise Trump's hiring of Bannon
- Potential Trump Homeland Security chief believes BLM-ISIS alliance is imminent
- Trump’s lawyers expected to try for settlements in all three suits against Trump University
This upsets Paul Ryan: Americans getting the Medicare they're promised.
Trump making a white nationalist his chief strategist. - LOLGOP
Trumpers are now askin' for Democrats to "work with Trump" as if he suddenly stopped bein' a white nationalist sexual-predator.- Tea Pain
Rock The Voter News
- Obama urges Americans to give Trump a chance
- Millennials Just Didn't Love Hillary Clinton The Way They Loved Barack Obama
We have a president-elect who doesn't believe in climate change. Millions of people are going to have to say: Mr. Trump, you are dead wrong.- Bernie Sanders
Black Comedian Booed Mocking Trump
Stand-up comedian Wanda Sykes flipped off the audience at Boston’s TD Garden on Saturday night after the crowd booed her for railing against president-elect Donald Trump.
I know a lot of you couldn't bear to watch Trump on 60 Minutes, so let me summarize for you. Coherence level: sub-Palin. - Andy Borowitz
- Oil Prices Inch Lower on Supply Concerns
- China threatens to cut sales of iPhones and US cars if 'naive' Trump pursues trade war
- Army Wants Further Study Of Dakota Access Pipeline Route
-- Germans, circa 1933 - Andy Borowitz
Silicon Valley Still Shunning Trump
Shares of large technology companies fell again Monday, as investors continue to worry that Silicon Valley will suffer under policies enacted under the regime of President-elect Donald Trump.
Say what you will about Trump, he is not stupid. He is a smart man with a deep understanding of what stupid people want.―Andy Borowitz