Rand Paul yanks Ray-Bans after complaint
Ray-Ban has asked Sen. Rand Paul’s presidential campaign to quit selling the brand’s Wayfarer sunglasses, which Paul had imprinted with the “Rand” logo.
The Rand-Ban sunglasses were for sale for $150 on Paul’s website as recently as Tuesday. The website described the product as “the intersection of politics and cool.”
House GOP to delay final Benghazi report till just before 2016 election in effort to remind voters what a pathetic bunch of wankers they are. - The Daily Edge Tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Chinese experts reportedly say North Korea may have 20 nuclear warheads
- White House: Two Al-Qaeda hostages killed in US operation
- Saudi-led coalition launches air strikes throughout Yemen: residents
- Diplomatic push for final Iran nuclear deal in Vienna
- In South Africa, poverty fuels a xenophobic flame
Russian Missile Failure
A surface-to-air missile crashed shortly after being launched in northern Russia on Wednesday, Russian news agencies said, in a failed test that will be seen as an embarrassment for the country's military forces.
|Sammy Davis Jr. performs for members of the 1st Cavalry Division Long Binh, Vietnam, 1972.|
Paid Off Politicians
Ultra-conservatives Charles and David Koch could spend $300 million on the 2016 US election, as they favor five Republican candidates that align with the billionaire brothers' political philosophy, one of them said.
New Yorkers, each one on average, create 15 pounds of garbage every week. Of course, that goes up if you're disposing of a body.- David Letterman
- Louisiana moves ahead with abortion regulation rewrite
- Republicans move to extend Patriot Act provision that allows NSA to collect phone data
- Rand Paul’s son was ‘belligerent’ while being cited for drunk driving: police
- Fox’s Greg Gutfeld: Bill Nye and Obama flew in a jet, so climate change is a ‘strawpocalypse’
It's still early but Reuters may have won funniest headline of the day with "Rubio reaches out to gay Republicans."- John Fugelsang
“If you touch me again, I’ll drop your a--,” Rep. Stephen Knight (R-Calif.) told a group of protesters...
It's Obama's Fault!
The U.S. Secret Service failed to replace a broken alarm system at the Houston home of former President George H.W. Bush for more than a year, according to a government report on the troubled protection agency.
In honor of Earth Day, America must go all out to save a creature that’s on the verge of extinction. I’m talking, of course, about the Republican politician who believes in science. - Bill Maher
Rock The Voter News
- Little Girl Asks Michelle Obama (Gasp!) 'How Old Are You?'
- Lawyer of Michael Brown's family claims new evidence in Ferguson shooting
Surprising Supreme Court Ruling
The Supreme Court ruled 6-3 on Tuesday that the Constitution forbids police from holding a suspect without probable cause, even for fewer than 10 extra minutes.
Writing on behalf of the court, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg declared that the constitutional protections against unreasonable search and seizure prevent police from extending an otherwise completed traffic stop to allow for a drug-sniffing dog to arrive.
The Fox News host who said Hillary Clinton ate at Chipotle to appeal to Hispanic voters——must answer me this: where is she supposed to eat? If she goes to Chick-fil-A, they’ll claim she’s flip-flopped on gay marriage; Panda Express, she’s not being tough enough on China; Dunkin Donuts, sympathizing with violent cops; Dairy Queen, sounds too much like “welfare queen”; and, thanks to her husband, forget about going to In-n-Out. - Bill Maher
“The Republicans can’t run on the economy, because it’s the best it’s been since Hillary’s husband was in office. So, they have to run on 'We’re the American Sniper.' ” – Bill Maher
Half Of Fracking Companies Are Closing Or Being Sold. Well, That Escalated Quickly.
Half of the 41 fracking companies operating in the U.S. will be dead or sold by year-end because of slashed spending by oil companies, an executive with Weatherford International Plc said.
- U.S. Oil Industry’s Battle Cry: Exports Now!
- New-home sales collapse in March
- India says Ford Foundation funding must have govt oversight
- Deutsche Bank fined record $2.5 billion over rate rigging
The Koch brothers are in the oil business, and they’re pledging almost a billion dollars in this election. For that kind of money, Cruz and Bush and the rest of them will say anything. It’s what their fellow prostitutes in the sex industry call “The Girlfriend Experience.”- Bill Maher
Honda on Thursday unveiled its first private jet before it hits the market this summer, as the Japanese giant, better known for making cars, targets deep-pocketed business flyers.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." ~ Groucho Marx
I would make a lousy politician as I hate to ask for money. But...
- Number of British women becoming nuns hits 25-year high
- Photos Show How Burglars Drilled Through London Vault's Massive Concrete Wall
- China to crack down on strippers at rural funerals
- Bra bandit strikes northeast Pennsylvania store _ again
- Leaders want topless sunbathing in L.A.'s Venice Beach
Time To Deflate Photo
An orchid choir.