Dr. Anthony Fauci appeared on a Stanford School of Medicine webinar Monday to talk about the U.S. coronavirus response, following the reports that he’s been sidelined and the White House pushing out a statement trying to discredit him.
When New York hit 10,000 COVID-19 cases a day they went on lock down. When Florida hit 15,000 COVID-19 cases a day they opened Disney World.
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- White House targets Fauci as virus cases surge
- Top White House aide shares cartoon mocking Fauci
- New York City reports zero COVID-19 deaths for first time since pandemic hit
- Trump administration insists kids should return to school
- Trump backs washed-up game show host’s complaints that CDC is ‘lying’ about corona
- Trump admin lifts ban on sales of silencers to private foreign buyers after lobbying campaign by former adviser
- Multiple Sailors Injured After Explosion on USS Bonhomme Richard
Laugh or cry, but accept it: Chuck Woolery has more influence over the President than Anthony Fauci. - Greg Pinelo tweet
Betsy DeVos Morphs Into Cruella DeVille
In remarks Sunday, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos urged schools to provide full-time, in-person learning in the fall even with community transmission of COVID-19 rising in many parts of the U.S., suggesting that there is no danger “in any way” if kids are in school.
If Betsy DeVos is correct and only .02% of school-aged students will die when they return to school, that means we will be planning funerals for approximately 14,700 children. - pcbrynn tweet
Face masks don’t always work? Neither do parachutes. Still want one? - John U. Bacon tweet
Melania #BeBest By digging the
graves of school children!
- Roger Stone says he'll campaign for Trump
- Trump retweeted a post accusing the CDC of lying about the coronavirus to prevent his reelection
- White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows Feeds Staffers Info to Trap Leakers: Report
- Texas Supreme Court rejects GOP effort to force in-person convention
- Lindsey Graham says he will ask Mueller to testify before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Florida official who opposed local mask mandate in ‘critical condition’ with COVID-19
- Donald Trump Jr’s new anti-Biden book misplaces apostrophe in title
- The View ERUPTS As Meghan McCain Blasts Joy Behar For Claiming Republicans Don't Care About Children
- Ghislaine Maxwell Says She Had No Contact With Epstein in 10 Years. Not True.
Don't let this story fade. Trump commuted Roger Stone's sentence as part of a cover-up of Trump's own attempt to hook-up with WikiLeaks when WikiLeaks was part of Russia's attack on the 2016 election. Stone lied to protect Trump--and Trump rewarded him. - David Corn
Double Snap Goes To Rep. Ayanna Pressley
Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) swiped at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Sunday after the Trump administration official doubled down on her push for students to return to school...“You point to a private sector that has put profits over people and claimed the lives of thousands of essential workers. I wouldn’t trust you to care for a house plant let alone my child,” she continued.
He is the biggest super spreader in history. There was a Typhoid Mary, now we have a Corona Don. - Anthony Scaramucci tweet
Judge Amy Berman Jackson wants to see Roger Stone's commutation paperwork, after questions have arisen about whether President Trump's clemency covers only Stone's prison time or also his probation. US Probation Office has raised questions about the commutation. - Shimon Prokupecz, CNN
Rock The Voter News
- Senate Democrats call for $25B for vaccine production, distribution in next package
- Pelosi: 'We shouldn't even be thinking' about reopening schools without federal aid
- Thousands Of Mail-Voting Ballots Rejected For Arriving Late
- Joe Biden turns to friend and confidante Chris Dodd to help him choose running mate
GOP Lagging Way Behind Democrats In Digital Fundraising
Last month, the National Republican Senatorial Committee prepared a slideshow for Senate chiefs of staff full of bleak numbers about the party's failure to compete with Democrats on digital fundraising...The slideshow, obtained by POLITICO, painted a grim picture of the GOP’s long-running problem. Republican senators and challengers lagged behind Democrats by a collective $30 million in the first quarter of 2020, a deficit stemming from Democrats’ superior online fundraising machine.
Majority of Americans Favor Sending Roger Stone to Florida. - Andy Borowitz
Just a casual reminder that the richest 1% of Americans is responsible for 70% of all unpaid taxes. - Robert Reich
- Stocks cut gains in final hour as tech stocks decline, S&P 500 is up just 0.2%
- Russian mining giant reports another fuel spill in Arctic
- China sanctions Cruz, Rubio, others over Xinjiang legislation
- Washington's NFL team to announce name change on Monday: reports
Nonviolent Drug Offenders Politely Request Roger Stone Deal. - Andy Borowitz
Happy National French Fry Day!
Today is National French Fry Day and not even coronavirus can ruin America's love affair with the crispy golden spuds.
The annual July 13 celebration gives fry lovers nationwide a chance to score deals on fries. Here's a few places offering free or discounted fries
"Mathematics is the language in which God has written the universe." - Galileo Galilei