The move comes as Trump makes a broad push against inspectors general scrutinizing his actions.
Trump fires second inspector general in three days. SCOTUS throws out Wisc votes.
Reminder: US media has no experience in covering authoritarian regimes. - Eric Boehlert
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump decries IG report on hospital shortages as 'another fake dossier'
- Grocery store workers are beginning to die across the country
- Crew member of hospital ship Comfort tests positive for coronavirus
- Health professionals warn of ‘explosion’ of coronavirus cases in minority communities
- Economic Adviser Warned Trump in January That Coronavirus Pandemic Could Threaten Millions of Americans, Cost Trillions
- Medical Professor on CNN Warns Trump, Pence Should Avoid Joint Appearances: 'Should Be Basically on Lockdown'
- Report: Esper Told Acting Navy Secretary To Apologize To Fired Captain
- Acting secretary of the Navy has submitted his resignation
Boris Johnson Released From Hospital After Defunding It, Shutting It Down. - The Onion
The Largest Military In The World Requires Troops To Make Their Own Damn Masks
The U.S. military's new public health guidelines to combat the spread of the coronavirus—which includes a measure requiring personnel to make their own masks—have prompted criticism by some over timing and lack of preparation.
The protocols, titled "Department of Defense Guidance on the Use of Cloth Face Coverings," were included in a document released Sunday by the Pentagon...
Trump Says Individual States Should Have Responded To Pearl Harbor. - Andy Borowitz
- Trump berates reporters during coronavirus briefing: 'You will never make it'
- Trump turns angry and defensive as evidence contradicts his coronavirus narrative
- Fox News’ Jesse Watters: 'The Media Seems to Almost Be Rooting’ for Hydroxychloroquine ‘Not to Work’
- Ted Cruz Claims Media is 'Rooting for This Pandemic to Be Worse and Worse'
- Newsmax White House Reporter Floats Wild Theory That Bill Gates is Plotting to Use Coronavirus to Track People
- Stephanie Grisham Out as White House Press Secretary
- Trump Campaign Spox Kayleigh McEnany to Serve as New White House Press Secretary
- McConnell reports his best fundraising quarter ever
- Rand Paul says he has successfully recovered from coronavirus
We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here. - Trump’s new White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on February 25th
Snake Oil Salesman Exposed
President Donald Trump and his allies in the conservative media sphere have repeatedly pushed the health benefits of anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine for patients who have contracted the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). While scientific opinion on the efficacy of the drug for treatment of the COVID-19 disease is necessarily shy of consensus, Trump himself has a personal financial interest in a French drugmaker that produces a brand-name version of the medication.
New Poll Shows Trump Faring Poorly With Voters Opposed To Dying. - Andy Borowitz.
Rock The Voter News
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Goes Off on Conservative Majority for Jeopardizing Voters’ Safety Amid Pandemic
- Wisconsin Voters Head To Polls To Wait In Long (Socially Distanced) Lines With Masks After Court Rules Election Must Proceed
- New Ad: Dems Rip Republican Senator for Once Saying Restaurants Shouldn't Be Forced to Make Employees Wash Hands
The Supreme Court decided it was too dangerous to have people appear before the court for arguments... but not too dangerous for them to wait in 5-hour lines to vote. - The Hoarse Whisperer
Trump Is Confiscating Mask Orders From Our Allies
Late last week in Bangkok, a shipping container holding thousands of masks destined for the German capital was redirected at the last minute.
As far as Berlin’s city elders are concerned, there wasn’t any doubt about who was to blame: the “Amis.” And not just any Amis (German slang for Americans, not to be confused with French ami, or friend), but the commander-in-chief variety.
Wisconsin Primary Voters Receive ‘I Voted’ Gravestones. - The Onion
- Markets retreat from major rallies to close in the red
- Stimulus checks may come this week. Here’s who gets what and how.
- MLB Reportedly Proposing Bizarre Plan to Restart Season in May: All Games Played in Phoenix; Players, Coaches Sequestered Until Outbreak Ends
President Trump sees federal money as a tool to reward friends and punish enemies.
A competent Inspector General overseeing COVID relief funds would have thrown a wrench in his plans.
Now the IG is gone, so Trump can turn America into the new Ukraine. - Sen. Chris Murphy
Well, It Looks Like Trump Is Going To Steal Pocahontas' Casino
The Mashpee Wampanoag tribe is losing reservation status for more than 300 acres in Massachusetts under a Trump administration rollback.
The Mashpee Wampanoag tribe was notified last Friday evening by the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs that it will rescind its land reservation designation, according to the Associated Press. Additionally, the land will no longer be held in federal trust, meaning that the Mashpee Wampanoag people will no longer have tribal authority over that land...if the decision is executed, it would destroy the tribal infrastructure, which includes an independent judicial system, a police force and indigenous language school. Currently underway are housing developments and a $1 billion resort casino....
Simple idea for today's briefing. Don't ask the President any questions. Direct all the questions to the experts. In fact, embed in the question that you only want to hear from people other than the President. - Joe Lockhart