Admiral Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency and commander of the U.S. Cyber Command, said on Tuesday that President Donald Trump had not given him the authority to fight back against Russian attacks on the 2018 U.S. election.
Isn't leaving the US vulnerable to hacking illegal? Asking for a friend.
This country doesn’t need Democrats or Republicans right now. It needs Americans. The foundation of democracy has been attacked by a foreign power. There’s a time & place for partisan considerations. Now is not one of them. - Counterchekist
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Anti-Semitism in US surged in 2017, a new report finds
- Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV
- Syrian Kurdish leader released in Prague calls Turkish charges false
- Saudi Arabia reshuffles military, promotes woman at labour ministry
- Report: Italian Mafia May Have Links to Reporter's Killing
- South Korean prosecutors demand 30 years in prison for impeached ex-President
- Pussy Riot claims two members are missing in Crimea after being 'detained' by Russian security
I just went to this crazy 80s retro party where we ended up invading Grenada. - Conan O'Brien
Is This Extortion?
Delta’s decision to sever marketing ties with the National Rifle Association sparked outrage from Georgia conservatives, complicating the Atlanta-based airline’s push to restore a lucrative fuel tax break it lost years ago.
Several conservative groups and high-profile GOP candidates for higher office called on Republican legislators to ground the tax break after the airline said Saturday it would end a discount for NRA members
It's hard to believe Trump would charge into a high school for any reason other than scouting for a fourth wife. - LOLGOP
- Hope Hicks set to appear before House Intel Committee after month-long delay
- Trump shouts "WITCH HUNT!" while rage-tweeting Fox News' coverage of the Russia investigation
- Kelly increasingly irked with Ivanka's White House role: report
- CNN's Avlon on Ivanka: Freelancing foreign policy ‘in a fur coat isn’t going to cut it’
- Housing official claims she was punished for opposing Ben Carson’s fancy office redecoration
- Sex, Campaign Scandals Circle US House Race in Arizona
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker sued for not calling special elections
- The Koch brothers seek permanent relief for Dreamers with a new conservative ad campaign
- Melania Trump Cuts Ties With Friend Whose Firm Was Paid $26 Million for Inauguration
- Steel manufacturers air TV ad pushing Trump to restrict steel imports
- GOP lawmaker rips NRA’s Dana Loesch for claiming AR-15s needed for personal defense: ‘It’s a machine gun’
- Students for Trump won’t reveal who’s bankrolling their group — despite FEC warnings
- Conservative commentator Erick Erickson calls Florida shooting survivor David Hogg "a bully"
Running into a hail of bullets is the best idea Trump has ever had. - Edel Rodriguez
So, How Is A Red State Doing In The Education Department?
Thousands of striking schoolteachers who have shut down West Virginia classrooms for days are demanding a face-to-face meeting with the governor and legislative leaders on their pay grievances.
If kids are worried about getting suspended for protesting gun violence and ruining their college prospects I PROMISE YOU “Why I Was Suspended For Fighting the NRA” is a better college admission essay topic than “How Soccer Made Me a Team Player.” - Jennifer Wright
My My My. A Missing (Probably Dead) Link Between Trump & Russia
Joseph Mifsud, the Maltese academic suspected of being a link between the Trump campaign and Russian officials, was once a regular on the foreign policy circuit, attending conferences the world over.
Now, after being identified as a key figure in the US special counsel investigation into Russian influence over the 2016 US presidential election, Mifsud has gone to ground.
Last Thursday he disappeared from the private university in Rome where he teaches...
Let’s furlough the Secret Service, get rid of the metal detectors in Congress, and then debate gun laws. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Obama says his White House 'didn't have a scandal that embarrassed us'
- Former President Clinton to pay respects to Graham in Charlotte
- Hillary Clinton LAW '73 to speak at Class Day
- Bernie Sanders' son is running for Congress in New Hampshire
Hillary Warns About Upcoming Election
Hillary Clinton late Monday stressed a focus on social media platforms ahead of the midterm elections, saying Americans "owe it to our democracy to get this right, and fast."
Age in 1776:
Marquis de Lafayette, 18
James Monroe, 18
Henry Lee III, 20
Aaron Burr, 20
Nathan Hale, 21
Alexander Hamilton, 21
Just a bunch of kids, right? What do they know? - Rachel R. Gonzalez
Trump is like the most needy person on everyone's Facebook feed, the ones who keep posting photos of themselves, fishing for compliments. - Mrs. Betty Bowers
- National Pancake Day: Free pancakes with a purpose at IHOP
- Norway's Underground Doomsday Seed Vault Is Under Threat From Climate Change
- Diesel ban approved for German cities to cut pollution
- California green lights autonomous car testing without drivers
- Water Might Be All Over the Moon, New Research Shows
If the US was actually a Christian Nation then we'd vote to help the poor & let private charities bail out Wall Street. - John Fugelsang
The U.S. Supreme Court: No Bail For Immigrants
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that immigrants, even those with permanent legal status and asylum seekers, do not have the right to periodic bond hearings.
It's a profound loss for those immigrants appealing what are sometimes indefinite detentions by the government. Many are held for long periods of time — on average, 13 months — after being picked up for things as minor as joyriding. Some are held even longer.
Trump’s plan to save the environment is to arm the trees with pollution. - Conan O'Brien