Larry Wilmore destroys ‘prosperity gospel’ megachurches for turning Jesus into a money-making scam
On Wednesday’s Nightly Show, host Larry Wilmore and his panel attacked “prosperity gospel” preachers like Creflo Dollar for exploiting their congregations in the name of Jesus Christ.
According to the Bible, Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple and less than 48 hours later he was hanging on a cross. Today, the money changers are televangelists and mega church preachers and they're re-crucifying him all over again, just in time for Easter!
Would evangelicals who are against having "a woman rule" be able to deny the first woman president service for religious reasons? - LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- 3 suicide bombings target Shiite rebel mosques in Yemen, 137 killed
- Far-right party fighting for lead in France's weekend vote
- Russia says sanctions 'destructive', will act in own interests
- Deadlocked Iran nuclear talks break off, to resume next week
- Obama tells Iran to grasp 'historic' chance
Payback's A Beeotch, Bibi
President Barack Obama told Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday that Washington would "reassess" its options on U.S.-Israel relations and Middle East diplomacy after the Israeli prime minister took a position against Palestinian statehood during his re-election campaign, a White House official said.
During an interview with Playboy — that's right, Playboy — Dick Cheney said President Obama is the worst president in his lifetime. Meanwhile, subscribers to Playboy said Cheney was the worst centerfold in their lifetime.- Conan O'Brien
Yep, The GOP Would Repeal Social Security If They Could
A top adviser to President Barack Obama on Friday slammed a House Republican maneuver aimed at forcing a showdown on Social Security as early as next year, signaling that it won't fly with the White House.
Obama suggests everyone should vote. Republicans naturally take the contrary opinion.- LOLGOP
- Christian radio host explains weather: Gays and Hollywood witchcraft cause California’s drought
- Supreme Court To Decide If Texas Must Issue Confederate Flag License Plates
- Gun Rights Groups Call Loretta Lynch 'Eric Holder in a Skirt'
- Stephen King says Maine’s Tea Party governor is full of sh%#
- 'Exclusively for white people' stickers put on Austin stores
- Cheney Says Obama Is Using Race Card to Avoid Criticism
GOP 2016 platform: Pay no attention to the best economy of the last 16 years and nominate the brother of the guy who gave us the worst.- LOLGOP
Bohener Continues Backstabbing The President
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) will travel to Israel at the end of the month to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who just won re-election, according to reports from CNN and Israeli newspaper Haaretz.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama welcomes Prince Charles, Camilla to Oval Office
- Executing the Insane Is Against the Law of the Land. So Why Do We Keep Doing It?
Mitt Romney, two-time Republican presidential candidate, is going to fight Evander Holyfield for charity. I hope they save some of that money for funeral expenses.- David Letterman
US Vets Fighting IS
Upwards of 130 Americans are known to have gone the Middle East to fight for or against the Islamic State. Some US veterans say that they see in the anti-IS fight a clear vision of the enemy that they never found in combat.
My favorite Bible story is the one where Jesus told the needy where to stick it and then hung out on Pilate's yacht. - Jeff Tiedrich Tweet
More Interference From Crazy Californian Christians
A proposed California initiative calling for “sodomites” to be “put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method,” currently sits on the desk of California’s attorney general, requiring her to title and summarize the ballot measure, according to the Sacramento Bee.
It's true, the Jews secretly control everything. I'm in charge of soda can tabs that break off when you try to open one. Proud of that one.- Jeff Tiedrich Tweet
- Oil jumps on weaker dollar; U.S. crude up more than 4 percent
- Japan split on joining AIIB bank, caught between US, China
- Russian Toilets Used as a Hedge Against Ruble Rout Fallout
- Breathe deep: How the ISS keeps astronauts alive
Obama Frucks Fracking.
The Obama administration said Friday it is requiring companies that drill for oil and natural gas on federal lands to disclose chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing operations.
Believing that more drilling leads to lower gas prices is like planting an apple seed so you can eat apple pie tomorrow.- John Fugelsang
Kardashian Regular Is About 10 Miles Away From Me Trying To Cure His Addictions With Psychedelic Drugs
Can you hallucinate your way to sobriety? “Keeping up with the Kardashians” regular Scott Disick is about to find out.
The reality star Disick came to Costa Rica this week not for beaches and zip lining but rather a controversial rehab treatment. Kourtney Kardashian’s on-again-off-again beau and father of her three children checked into the Rythmia Life Advancement Center in Hacienda Pinilla, Guanacaste to try to conquer his alcoholism with shaman-guided trips using iboga, a root from West Africa outlawed in the United States.
Instagram is down. Can I come over and look at your food?- Jeff Tiedrich Tweet
Did you have a good time today?
- A vaccine denier bet $100,000 the measles virus 'doesn't exist.' He lost.
- Eclipse thrills on remote Arctic islands, clouds mar for some
- A circle of cylindrical drums which make noise whenever there are Earth tremors
- Smell like a Whopper: Burger King will sell cologne in Japan
- Burglary 101: Don't pocket-dial 911 in the act
Time To Deflate Photo
This is what it looks like when an airplane slices through the clouds.