Monday, April 17, 2023

Three flashes of a gun and he was dead.

My heart aches for the death of Gerson a.k.a. Chachi of Tamarindo on Friday night. He was the son of my best friend and he was only 23. Chachi was a surf instructor and taught hundreds, if not thousands of tourists. He surfed with my son and helped him hone his skills. His big personality and smile captivated people instantly. He loved animals and they loved him, he had a special touch. He embodied the best of Costa Rica.

The police said Chachi was being chased on his motorcycle according to witnesses, was shot once from 20 meters away and two more shots from close range according to the shell casings. So, it was a hit and no one has any idea why.

Chachi became a proud father for the first time 2 months ago. At the very least, Chachi left us a piece of his heart -- his son.

Pura vida, Chachi.









7 comments:

  1. l hear your heart breaking thru your words, dear. I cry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words seem so useless anymore. All the young lives being snuffed out by the genocide industry. Hurts my heart to see his beautiful young face and to know that great evil stole his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even think of words what would do anything to ease the pain. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thousands of miles away and I hurt with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words. This is just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sincerest condolences to you and your son....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words fail, and the insanity goes on. My heart breaks for you and all those who loved Chachi, and those whose lives he touched.

    ReplyDelete