Acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Audrey Strauss said Bannon, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea were arrested Thursday morning. Bannon, 66, is set to appear before a federal judge in Manhattan. The four men are accused of defrauding hundreds of thousands of people who donated to the "We Build the Wall" fundraising campaign that raked in more than $25 million to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the indictment. Federal prosecutors said that while donors were assured 100% of the money raised would be used to build the wall, those claims were false.
So obviously money laundering and fraud and scamming charities are all serious crimes, but... there’s a small part of me laughing at the fact that a bunch of anti-immigrant bigots were the ones who got scammed. - RVAwonk tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Ex-DHS Official: Trump wanted to trade Puerto Rico for Greenland
- Delta may ban ex-Navy SEAL credited with killing Osama bin Laden for anti-mask rant
- California wildfires threatening thousands of homes and putting pressure on businesses
- Tropical Storm could be come a hurricane near Florida
- A $600 million settlement in the Flint water crisis will provide fund for city residents
- US sanctions senior Syrian officials ahead of chemical attack anniversary
Today, agents from the United States Postal Service took Steve Bannon into custody for stealing from racists.
One Of The Many Reasons Trump Is Afraid Of Putin
The Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny is in a coma and on a ventilator in a hospital intensive care unit after a suspected poisoning.
“We assume that Alexei was poisoned with something mixed into his tea,” his press secretary, Kira Yarmysh, tweeted. “That was the only thing he drank this morning. The doctors say that the toxin was absorbed more quickly because of the hot liquid. Right now Alexei is unconscious.”
The new Senate report on the 2016 Trump-Russia coordination is giving me a real sense of Deja Putin. - Stephen Colbert
This is your reminder that Hillary Clinton received more votes for President than any white man in history.
Also more voters than any white man who spray-tans himself out of the known color spectrum. - John Fugelsang
- Trump seeks distance from Bannon, calls fundraising project 'inappropriate'
- McEnany Comically Avoids Trump Gushing Over QAnon, But Fox Anchor Presses: He Said 'These Are People That Love Our Country'
- Trump attacks Obama and Harris speeches in real time, all-caps tweets
- Montana Supreme Court, federal court rule against GOP-backed effort to qualify Green Party candidates
- Judge throws out Trump effort to block subpoena for tax returns
- Administration wants Supreme Court to review suit on Trump's Twitter-blocking
- US attorney gives Postal Service agents a shout-out after Bannon arrest
Steve Bannon was arrested and federal judge rules Trump must turn over his tax returns, all on the day Joe Biden accepts the nomination. Boom. - Scott Dworkin tweet
So, How Are Things Going Among Republicans?
Former McCain aide Steve Schmidt fired back at former vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin with a blistering barrage that accused her of “paranoia, pathological lying, profound ignorance, brittleness and insanity.”
Thanks to Donald Trump, 170,000 Americans can't vote by mail or in person. - Middle Age Riot
Obama Renews Lease Inside Trump’s Head. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Kamala Harris Delivers Impassioned DNC Address: 'We Have a Chance to Change the Course of History'
- Obama Takes Direct Aim in Devastating Rebuke at DNC: 'Trump Hasn't Grown Into the Job Because He Can't'
- Hillary Clinton Warns Dems Against Taking Trump's Defeat for Granted: 'This Can't Be Another Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda Election'
- Poll: 52 percent of people who didn't vote in 2016 say they're voting for Biden
- Meghan Markle to help register female voters with Michelle Obama organization
Just another day where none of my former coworkers on Hillary's campaign are going to jail. - Jess McIntosh tweet
Have you noticed that undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a considerably lower rate than trump’s campaign staff?
- Stocks slump as weekly jobless claims rise above 1 million
- China vows all necessary measures to protect its firms following U.S. curbs on Huawei
- Airbnb bans parties, caps house occupancy
- American Airlines to suspend flights to 15 US cities amid funding debate
Not surprised that Erik Prince, Kris Kobach and Trash Jr helped Steve Bannon promote his “We Build The Wall” money laundering scheme. I’ll say it again, the MAGA regime is a criminal syndicate, a stupid one at that. - Ricky Davila
I spoke with Postmaster General DeJoy regarding his alleged pause in operational changes. During our conversation, he admitted he has no intention of replacing the sorting machines, blue mailboxes and other infrastructure that have been removed. - Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Trump's A Chicken Killer Too, Of Baby Chicks!
At least 4,800 chicks shipped to Maine farmers through the U.S. Postal Service have arrived dead in recent weeks after rapid cuts hit the federal mail carrier's operations, Rep. Chellie Pingree said.
Pingree, a Maine Democrat, is raising the issue of the dead chicks and the losses farms are facing in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and U.S. Department of Agriculture Commissioner Sonny Perdue, The Portland Press Herald reported.
In other news, the assistant director of DHS' Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Brian Harrell, has just submitted his resignation to Trump, per letter I obtained. Says he is returning to the private sector. - Natasha Bertrand, Politico