The historian who has correctly predicted every presidential election since 1984 – including President Donald Trump’s win in 2016 – has announced his pick for 2020: Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.
The truth of the matter is, Donald Trump inherited a growing economy from President Obama and me. And just like everything else he inherited in his life, he squandered it. - Joe Biden
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- At Least 50 Dead, 2,700 Injured in Beirut After Massive Explosion Ruins Parts of Lebanon
- Ammonium nitrate may have sparked the Beirut explosion. It happened in Texas, in 1947, too
- U.S. prosecutors do not charge Portland protesters with antifa ties
- Florida Gov. DeSantis may reopen nursing homes to visitors as COVID cases soar
- State Department inspector general resigns after less than three months in job
- Johnson and Grassley push back against accusations they're spreading Russian disinformation
- Navy SEALs sever ties with museum over Colin Kaepernick video
*googles muzzles for presidents* - Sarah Cooper
Trump Says Beirut Was Bombed. World Ignores Him.
At a coronavirus briefing on Tuesday evening, President Trump said an explosion that rocked Beirut earlier in the day was caused by a “bomb of some kind.”
Officials in Lebanon had previously stated the blast came from a large quantity of explosive materials that were being held in a warehouse, but Trump, citing conversations with top U.S. military personnel, characterized the explosion as an “attack.”
Trump says schools should open because: "This thing's going away. It will go away like things go away."
- Trump Renews Assault on Mail-In Voting, Claiming Election Could 'Go On For Years'
- 'You're Saying a Bunch of Crap!': CNN Interview Goes OFF THE RAILS as Brianna Keilar Battles Trump Adviser Mercedes Schlapp on Mail-in Voting
- Fox News’ Sandra Smith Spars With Mercedes Schlapp Over Trump Mail-In Voting Remarks: ‘He’s Flipped on Florida!’
- WATCH LIVE: Former Deputy AG Sally Yates to testify in GOP probe into Russia investigation
- Virginia GOP official posted personal info of people who reported mask violations: report
- Sen. Lindsey Graham holds one-point lead in tight SC race for reelection, poll finds
- Gaetz set to endorse primary opponent of fellow Florida GOP lawmaker
- Tucker Carlson Said Biden’s Search for Black Woman as VP ‘Probably’ Violates the Law. He’s Wrong.
- ‘She is absolutely our No. 1 draft pick’: GOP pines for Rice as Biden VP
- Georgia classroom shuts down one day after reopening as student contracts coronavirus
Watching Lindsey Graham’s treatment of Sally Yates is very triggering if you’ve had an abusive ex. - MuellerSheWrote tweet
It’s amazing how free & clear Republicans are when they are handing trillions to their rich friends… and how exacting they are when an out-of-work American receives $600. - Nancy Pelosi
Trump Lies About Bringing NASA Back From The Dead. My God, He Lies About Everything.
President Donald Trump took to Twitter today (Aug. 5) to announce that he brought NASA back from being "Closed & Dead."
In a tweet posted today, Trump said that he had resurrected the space agency. But the claim doesn't hold up under scrutiny: NASA has never closed since it was founded in 1958, and it has certainly never been "dead."
final thoughts Swan/Axios interview w/ Trump. yes, well done. but holy geez folks, we should’ve seen these types of interviews in April, May 2017 (!)
facts it took 3 yrs represents huge failure of DC press. - Eric Boehlert tweet
Lindsey Graham has begun the Sally Yates hearing by raising a bunch of conspiracy theories about Biden and Susan Rice, in case you wondered what the point of this hearing about four years old events 90 days before another election was. - Matthew Miller
Rock The Voter News
- ‘America is out of its mind’: Texas doc goes on viral rant about pushing schools to reopen during pandemic
- Michelle Obama says she is managing 'low-grade depression'
- All 4 Native candidates in Kansas win their primaries
- Joe Biden will no longer travel to Milwaukee to accept Democratic nomination
Obama built it. Trump broke it. Biden will fix it. - The Lincoln Project tweet
Trump Believes In Some States Having Rights.
When President Donald Trump directed late Monday that states now pick up some of the tab for the nationwide deployment of the National Guard to respond to the coronavirus, he carved out two big exceptions: Texas and Florida.
While all other states and territories will have to shell out millions to cover 25 percent of their National Guard costs starting later this month, Texas and Florida will be fully covered.
My bill with @kamalaharris and @berniesanders to give everyone $2,000/month until the end of this crisis (and 3 months after) is retroactive to March. Working families deserve this money. Let’s get that $12,000 into their pockets ASAP, and then keep the money flowing. - Sen. Ed Markey tweet
- Dow heads four fourth straight days of gains as Disney shares surge
- WNBA Players Wear Shirts Endorsing Candidate Running Against Kelly Loeffler, Co-Owner of the Atlanta Dream
- NJ Gym Owners Get in Heated Argument With CNN's Chris Cuomo: 'That's a F**king Stat Nobody Is Talking About'
- Sen. Cotton Demands Google Answer Questions about 'Blacklisting' Breitbart
I am at the stage of quarantine where the Instagram ads are working. - Roxane Gay tweet
Here's An Idea: Mediterranean Cruise Ships Should Head To Beirut To House The Homeless
The cruise industry is voluntarily extending its “no sail” order through Oct. 31, a month longer than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) current guidelines, which are set to expire on Sept. 30.
My heart goes out to Beirut and the Lebanese people as they grieve and heal after yesterday's devastating explosion. In the aftermath, strangers helped strangers bind wounds, find families, and calm children. I'm wishing you peace and community in the days ahead. - Hillary Clinton
All Dollars Matter