U.S. 7-day average of coronavirus cases surges 30% from week ago
As of Monday, the nation’s seven-day average of daily new Covid-19 cases increased more than 30% compared with a week ago, according to a CNBC analysis of Johns Hopkins University data.
Trump Refuses to Ramp Up Testing Because of His Hatred of Ramps. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump-Appointed Judge Pens Majority Opinion Forcing Emmet Sullivan to Dismiss Michael Flynn Case
- The Trump admin. plans to end federal funding and support for coronavirus testing sites at the end of this month
- New York, New Jersey and Connecticut impose 14-day quarantine on travelers from coronavirus hotspot states
- Birx Privately Urges Guvs To Ramp Up Testing As Trump Attempts To Muzzle It
- Trump retweets videos of Black men attacking white victims, asking, 'Where are the protesters?'
- Philadelphia court supervisor fired after video shows him tearing down signs and saying black lives don't matter
- Officer fired in shooting death of Breonna Taylor, Louisville police say
- Civil War Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns Calls for Confederate Statues to Be Removed: 'They're an Attempt to Rewrite History' by White Supremacists
- Crowds tear down statues, apparently attack Wisconsin state senator
- Donald Trump Jr. calls for downed statues to be replaced with a likeness of his father
“I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies.” - Donald Trump, December 2, 2017
Proof That Masks Work!
Despite warnings from public health officials, new research suggests Black Lives Matter protests across the country have not led to a jump in coronavirus cases.
A new study, published this month by the National Bureau of Economic Research, used data on protests from more than 300 of the largest US cities, and found no evidence that coronavirus cases grew in the weeks following the beginning of the protests.
Nation’s Criminals Demand Deal Michael Flynn Got. - Andy Borowitz
- Republican senators refuse to back Trump’s 'treason' claim against Obama
- Newt Gingrich Admits Trump Could Go Down: 'People are Tired,' And Biden's Passivity May Be 'What They Want'
- Kellyanne Conway Defends Trump 'Kung Flu' Remark and Attacks CBS' Weijia Jiang: 'You Lacked the Courage' to Come Forward
- Louie Gohmert Repeatedly Bangs on Desk During House Hearing, Sets Off Insane Battle Royale
- Political newcomer beats Trump's pick in North Carolina GOP congressional primary
- Palm Beach ‘Patriots’ Are Ready to Die for Their Freedom to Breathe Mask-Free
- Jim Jordan Says Bill Barr Isn’t Doing Trump’s Bidding, He’s ‘Doing the Lord’s Work’
It's incredible that Republicans in Congress want Democrats to meet in the middle on police not killing black people. - DKnight10000 tweet
Barr Loses Popularity At Alma Mater
Law professors and faculty from George Washington University Law School, Attorney General William Barr's alma mater, said in a letter Tuesday he has "failed to fulfill his oath of office to 'support and defend the Constitution of the United States.' "
The rebuke comes after continued fallout over the departure of Geoffrey Berman, the federal prosecutor ousted over the weekend by the Trump administration, and adds to a chorus of criticism over Barr's actions as attorney general.
Bill Barr Orders Removal of Word Justice From DOJ Website. - Andy Borowitz
Pelosi rejects GOP calls for her to apologize after she said GOP is getting away "with murder ... the murder of George Floyd." She says on MSNBC "absolutely, positively not” she won't apologize and criticizes press for giving GOP "far too much credit for a bill that does nothing" - Manu Raju, CNN
Just to be clear, "defendin' our monuments" is code for "defendin' our white grip on power."
Nothin' more. Nothin' less. - Tea Pain tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Biden Beats Trump By 14 Points in First NYT Poll of Campaign as Trump Clings to Slim Hold on White Voters
- Biden campaign vetting Congressional Black Caucus chair Karen Bass as potential running mate
- Former DHS Secretary: 'Absolutely no' evidence mail-in voting leads to fraud
When was the last time police pepper-sprayed members of the KKK? - Kimberley Johnson tweet
The Sad Effects of Spring Break In Florida
Florida recorded more than 5,500 new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday, an all-time high that shattered the previous record set just last week.
Cases of the virus in Florida have been surging, and there are now more than 109,000 infections reported since March 1.
A friend who works for a police department in Ohio said they received numerous calls today to investigate "Antifa dust" on the cars and driveways.
And now I can't stop laughing about people calling the police on trees. - Maggie Downs tweet
- Twitter Bans Pro-Trump Meme Creator Carpe Donktum, Suspends Former Breitbart Editor
- Ben & Jerry's Becomes Latest Company to Boycott Facebook Advertising For Allegedly Promoting Misinformation, Hate
- The U.S. is weighing new tariffs on $3.1 billion of exports from France, Germany, Spain and the U.K.
- Hospitals lose bid to keep secret the rates they negotiate with insurers
- Noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage was door pull, FBI
NASCAR has done more to support Bubba Wallace in the last 48 hours than the NFL has done to support Colin Kaepernick in 4 years. - Master tweet
Why Is Roundup Herbicide Still Being Sold?
Bayer will pay more than $10 billion to resolve thousands of lawsuits regarding claims that its Roundup herbicide causes cancer, the company announced on Wednesday.
Monsanto, bought by Bayer in 2018, lost a lawsuit that same year brought by a school groundskeeper who claimed its weedkiller had caused his non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Since then, thousands of U.S. lawsuits have been filed against the company.
Why is the stock market at record highs when the economy is at a record low? - Thomas Kaine tweet