President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and longtime fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison to serve the remainder of his sentence in home confinement amid the coronavirus pandemic, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.
The truth:The virus was here before the China travel ban at the end of January. Trump did nothing while the virus spread through the U.S. in February and into March. So we were unprepared—short of tests and medical equipment. So we lost many more lives and jobs than we had to. - Bill Kristol
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump defends drop in commercial lab testing amid push to reopen U.S.
- Missing COVID-19 data leaves U.S. vulnerable
- Wuhan's COVID-19 death toll rises by 50%
- UK was too slow on coronavirus and 40,000 could die, professor says
- California antibody testing suggests coronavirus may be far more widespread than official count
Every expert says widespread testing is necessary to safely reopen the country.
Virtually no state or local official we’ve spoken to says they have the capacity for widespread testing.
How will this be fixed by May in a country of 330 million people? - Jim Sciutto, CNN
Maybe the Media Should Televise Trump's Daily Coronavirus Briefing Because His Approval Ratings Are Dropping!
Approval for President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus crisis is deep underwater for the third week in a row in an ABC News poll, and for 4 of the 5 weeks, the poll has been conducted.
The party of “pro-life” is trying to kill you. - The Woman in the Moon tweet
- Pushing to Restart Economy, Dr. Phil Cites (Inaccurate) Data on Car Accident, Swimming Pool Deaths: 'We Don't Shut the Country Down for That!'
- Fox News' Laura Ingraham Tries to Start Drama Between Joe Biden and Dr. Fauci, Fauci Ends Up Agreeing With Biden
- Trump’s new chief of staff ‘overwhelmed’ by White House culture – and has cried at least twice: report
- Disgraced Trump aide Roger Stone is denied new trial as judge rejects jury bias claims
- GOP's Matt Gaetz scrambles after he’s caught spending taxpayer funds to rent an office from a longtime friend and campaign donor
- Louisiana pastor asks followers to send their stimulus checks to churches instead of buying food
It would be a gift to the world and would probably save a lot of lives if Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz never made another television appearance for the rest of eternity. - adrienneelrod tweet
Flori-duh's Governor Reopens Some Beaches
Florida’s governor on Friday gave the green light for some beaches and parks to reopen if it can be done safely, and north Florida beaches became among the first to allow allow beach-goers to return since closures because of the coronavirus.
Kellyanne Conway Tests Positive For IQ-19. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- 'I Wouldn't Call it a Plan': Biden Hits White House Re-Opening Guidelines, Says Trump 'Kind of Punted'
- Kerry: New Trump rules will 'kill more Americans'
- Democrats request probe of Barr's remarks on firing of intelligence community IG
In retrospect, the Hunger Games had a lower child death rate than what Dr. Oz is suggesting. - Conan O'Brien
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
The new Air Force One instruction manuals will cost the U.S. another $84 million on top of the billions being paid to Boeing for two new presidential aircraft, the Pentagon announced this week.
‘You’ve Served Me Well, But This Has Gone Too Far’ Says Oprah Loading Shotgun After Watching Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil Fox News Appearances. - The Onion
- US STOCKS-Wall St climbs on Boeing, Trump's reopening plan
- U.S. leading indicator points to deep economic slump
- State not tracking negative COVID-19 tests from Smithfield as confirmed cases near 800
- Family sues Princess Cruise Lines over passenger’s coronavirus death
Fox News Producer Tasked With Calculating How Long It Would Take To Get Kid Rock A Doctorate. - The Onion
Remember When Presidents Wanted Lower Gas Prices?
President Donald Trump's victory lap for convincing Russia and Saudi Arabia to cut production looks awfully premature.
US oil prices plunged another 8% Friday, finishing at a fresh 18-year low of $18.27 a barrel. At one point, crude dropped to $17.33 a barrel -- the weakest price since November 2001.
I spent most of my adult life in the military. 30 years and 3 wars later, and I'm going to offer you this advice: When politicians and TV consultants and start talking about "acceptable losses," that's when you should maybe consider who the REAL enemy actually is. - Stonekettle