All through downtown Washington, the primary sound for several blocks was the beeping of forklifts unloading more fencing.
There were no cars or scooters and seemingly no tourists Wednesday, just the occasional jogger and multiple construction crews at work. The U.S. Capitol that proved such a soft target last week was visible only through lines of tall, black fence.
Good morning from a city fortified and garrisoned by 20,000 troops to protect it from terrorist attack by supporters of President Trump. - David Frum
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump Advisers Had to Talk Him Out of Going to House Floor During Impeachment, NY Times Reports
- FBI, DHS didn't produce formal threat assessments ahead of Capitol riot
- Armed DHS agents were on standby near Capitol riot, were sent too late
- Yogananda Pittman named acting US Capitol police chief after riots
- Republican who voted to impeach Trump says he's buying body armor amid fears of violence
- Brother thinks Congressman Paul Gosar committed treason in Capitol riot
- Panic buttons in Ayanna Pressley’s office had been ‘torn out’ before the Capitol riot, chief of staff says
Raise your hand if you'd like to see Andy Biggs, Mo Brooks, Paul Gosar and Lauren Boebert testify under oath in front of Congress on live television for 11 straight hours to explain how the dipsh*ts with the zip ties found out where everybody's secure locations were. - Jeff Tiedrich
Georgia GOP Governor Punishes GOP State Senators Over Election Fraud Claims
It’s payback time. The Republican rift in the state Senate came to a head Tuesday when Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan demoted three Republican senators who have backed attempts to overturn the presidential vote in Georgia over baseless allegations of irregularities.
The Confederate flag is a victim of "cancel culture" because the Union totally f*cking cancelled the Confederacy. - Middle Age Riot
Lest We Not Forget This Article From March 2020. Betsy DeVos Is Erik Prince's Brother.
Erik Prince, a security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, recruited former spies to infiltrate various Democratic organizations — including a congressional campaign — multiple documents and interviews revealed.
One of the operatives recruited by Prince, a former M16 agent, ran a 2017 sting in which he copied files and recorded conversations from a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the country's largest teachers unions
The storming of the Capitol was obviously planned and my guess is Erik Prince was somehow involved. My fear is that he would not hesitate to use armed drones on Inauguration Day.
- Trump Reportedly Wants to Stiff Rudy Giuliani on Legal Fees After Failed Attempt to Overturn Election
- President Donald Trump may hire a law professor who spoke at his rally before the riot
- ven more Trump family members are reportedly moving to Florida
- Shunned: Florida Country Club Members 'Object' To Ivanka
- Louie Gohmert GOP Rep Who Led Election Lawsuit Against Pence, Accuses Pelosi of Impeachable Comments
- James Comey 'Obviously' Thinks Trump Belongs in Jail, But Counsels Against Prosecuting Him and Even Suggests a Pardon
- Lindsey Graham Rails Against Post-Presidency Impeachment Trial: 'Why Don’t We Impeach George Washington? He Owned Slaves!'
- Matt Gaetz Sends House Chamber Into a Frenzy With a Screaming Tirade During Impeachment Debate
- House Republicans Reportedly Terrified of Crossing Trump on Impeachment: They ‘Fear For Their Lives’
I know it’s mathematically impossible but somehow Trump and Rudy are *both* going to rip each other off. - Elie Honig
Hope Hicks Resigns For The Second Time.
Hope Hicks' last day in the White House was Tuesday, multiple sources familiar with the matter tell CNN, a final departure planned before the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.
Hicks was one of President Donald Trump's most influential confidantes and a longtime loyalist but hasn't been at the White House much in recent weeks after she felt her influence waned after she pushed back on the President's baseless voter fraud claims, the sources said. She also urged him against pursuing legal challenges without competent lawyers in place.
After these FBI arrests, just think of all the basements that moms will be able to redecorate. - Stephen Colbert
Rock The Voter News
- Nancy Pelosi Announces Fines Up To $10 Grand For Skirting Metal Detector At Capitol: 'Tragic That This Step Is Necessary'
- President-elect Joe Biden will no longer be taking an Amtrak train to Washington for his inauguration because of security concerns
- Biden's German Shepherd To Be Celebrated With 'Indoguration' Hosted By Animal Shelter
Imagine thinking humans have a right to Twitter but not to healthcare. - Erin Beck
NYAG Sues NYPD For BLM Brutality
New York state Attorney General Letitia James is suing New York City's police department, citing widespread excessive use of force from the country’s most recognizable police force during this summer’s Black Lives Matter protests.
Articles Of Impeachment Sent Through Winding Maze Of Pneumatic Tubes On Journey To Senate. - The Onion
Ivanka and Jared Kushner wouldn't let Secret Service use their bathrooms, so our taxes have been paying $3000 a month for extra toilets.Really puts those $600 stimulus checks into perspective. - Nick Jack Pappas
- Hotels offer properties as vaccine administration sites to Biden team
- Miami mayor wants to lure tech companies from California
- New York Post Bans Bans Staff from Using CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, and The New York Times as Primary Sources
- Gottlieb: Johnson & Johnson vaccine looks like promising 'third entrant'
- Ex-governor, 8 former Michigan officials charged in Flint water crisis
Parler is the gas station bathroom of social media platforms. - Sandy Jorgenson
Twitter Defends Banning Trump Because He Glorifies Violence
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey posted a statement Wednesday night defending the ban of President Donald Trump and responded to criticism the social network has received over the decision.
The president’s account was permanently suspended last week and the reason Twitter gave cited violations of their Glorification of Violence policy.
I miss peaceful transfers of power. - Molly Jong-Fast
- Macaulay Culkin Supports Petition to Remove Trump from Home Alone 2
- NASA Curiosity rover celebrates 3,000th day on Mars with stunning panorama of planet
- Florida man accidentally sets himself on fire attempting to burn down a house
- Taiwan man blows 783 bubbles inside of larger bubble for world record
- Cafe, croissant, worms? EU agency says worms safe to eat
Time To Deflate Photo