On CNN’s State of the Union, Gov. Larry Hogan (R) of Maryland told host Jake Tapper that President Donald Trump‘s claim that states have enough Covid-19 tests to safely open back up for business is false. And Gov. Ralph Northam (D) of Virginia told Tapper the same, with a little more vigor.
Priceless how he wants Roger Stone and Paul Manafort out of prison for their safety but he wants all of us to go back to work. - Liz Phair
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- 20 million coronavirus tests per day needed to fully open economy
- Dr. Fauci Condemns Protesters Clamoring for End to Lockdown: Premature Reopening Will 'Backfire'
- Gov. Jay Inslee Blasts Trump's 'Dangerous' Support for Lockdown Protests: He's Encouraging 'Illegal Activity'
- CNN NatSec Analyst Rips 'Dangerous,' 'Self-Centered' Lockdown Protesters: They're Putting 'Everyone Else at Risk'
- Trump Admin Reportedly Got Coronavirus Warnings Straight From U.S. Experts At WHO
- Trump Open to Giving Coronavirus Aid to Iran, But Says if Biden is Elected, They'll 'Own America'
- Majority says US should have been shut down earlier amid coronavirus outbreak: poll
- Kentucky reports highest coronavirus infection increase after a week of protests to reopen state
- Video of Health Care Workers Confronting Anti-Lockdown Protestors Goes Viral
Fauci Diplomatically Tells Trump Why Diet Coke and Mentos Won’t Cure COVID-19. - Andy Borowitz
Coronavirus Tests: Apparently, It's Not What You Know But Who You Know
Maryland has obtained 500,000 coronavirus tests from South Korea, Gov. Larry Hogan (R) announced Monday, as states push to increase their testing capacity.
Hogan’s wife, Yumi Hogan, is a Korean immigrant and had been on the phone in the middle of the night in recent weeks helping to secure the purchase, The New York Times reported Monday.
Any news on whether the “thoughts and prayers” vaccine is effective against the coronavirus? - Poetic Justice tweet
Why did God make science too difficult for evangelicals to understand? - Middle Age Riot
- Trump Blows Up at CNN Reporter Grilling Him for Self-Praise After More Than 40,000 Coronavirus Deaths: 'You People are So Pathetic!'
- Trump Waves Around Q-Tip, Testing Swab at Coronavirus Briefing: 'Very Sophisticated'
- Trump Rips 'Inherently Dumb' Nancy Pelosi Over Fox Interview: 'Wallace & Fox News Are on a Bad Path'
- ‘I don’t really want his advice’: Trump admits snubbing Romney for coronavirus task force
- Trump Judge Gives Kansas Churches a Win Against Democratic Governor, But with a Massive List of Caveats
- Treasury Sec Mnuchin Says It Was His Idea To Put Trump's Name On IRS Checks: 'Terrific Symbol To The American Public'
- Schiff, Nadler call on DOJ watchdog to investigate Barr's remarks about firing of intelligence community IG
- Senate sets up Tuesday session to try to pass coronavirus relief deal
Quarantined Americans Who Do Nothing But Eat and Watch TV Realize They Could Be President. - Andy Borowitz
Protesters gathered in Harrisburg, Pa., on Monday to demonstrate against a statewide stay-at-home order put in place in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Video footage shows crowds gathering by the state capitol building, with only some wearing the recommended masks or face coverings.
Nation’s Parents Fear That If Kids Miss Enough School They Will Turn Out Like Betsy DeVos. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Pelosi Swats Down Trump's Insults On Social Media: 'Avoid Responsibility And Assign Blame'
- Biden is doing much better than Trump among voters who don't like either of them
- Michelle Obama Teams Up With PBS to Host a Read-Along For Kids Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Vote for Biden? Sanders Supporters Say It's 'Up in the Air'
Many parents are just discovering that the teacher may not be the problem. - Bette Midler
Not All Conservatives Want To Endanger Lives
Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh is “lying” about the efficacy of the nationwide lockdown in diminishing the spread of coronavirus, his industry colleague Michael Savage said on Monday.
“How can LIMBAUGH continue to lie and say ‘we dont know if the lockdowns are working’ WHEN WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT CHURCH GROUPS AND JEWISH GROUPS WHO REFUSED TO COMPLY BECAME HIGHLY INFECTED?” Savage wrote on Twitter. “Are there no standards in the media? no consequences for endangering lives?”
- Oil prices dip below zero
- Trump Slams Global Supply Chains at Coronavirus Briefing: 'I Ran Strongly Against China'
- United Airlines posts $2.1 billion loss on coronavirus hit, seeks more federal aid
- KFC to sell plant-based chicken in Chinese locations
Trump filled up the Strategic Petroleum Reserve a month ago with oil at $30 a barrel.
Right now, it’s going for -$0 a barrel.
Another brilliant move by our dealmaker-in-chief. - Matt Fuller
Insurers Denying Restaurants Payouts
As the coronavirus pandemic upends the restaurant industry, insurers are denying restaurant companies’ claims for payouts that could help their businesses survive.
Any parent who brings their kid to a “lift the shutdown” rally without proper social distancing, where participants are not wearing masks or face coverings, should be charged with child endangerment.
Put yourself at risk? You’re an idiot. Put your kid at risk? You’re a criminal. - George Takei