President Donald Trump drew backlash Monday night after posting a tweet using the phrase "Chinese Virus."
After giving an address Monday afternoon in which he said the country may be headed toward recession and urged social distancing, he later tweeted his confidence in and support for various sectors while including the offensive remark.
The #FamiliesFirst bill was about many things but first and foremost: testing testing testing. I urge Senators to pass this legislation today, to make free testing and the masks needed to provide it available ASAP. Any delay is a delay in testing.- Nancy Pelosi
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo Says Coronavirus Expected to Peak in New York in 45 DAYS
- ‘It’s going to pop’: Trump predicts the country ‘will be rolling again’ after 15 days
- Trump boasts to governors that his pandemic response system will be ‘the talk of the world’: leaked recording
- Cyberattack Hits HHS During Coronavirus Response
A modest proposal: Let's parade all of them nice aircraft carriers of ours by that virus and scare it off. - Jimmie von Tungeln
Why Do I Have This Feeling That Trump Is Going To Bankrupt The USA?
The government’s economic stimulus is set to quickly balloon into trillion-dollar territory in the coming days, the largest rescue in modern American history, as major industries flood the Trump administration and Capitol Hill for aid while huge swaths of the economy stall from the coronavirus crisis.
Things seem to be going as planned
BREAKING: Mexico is building a wall to keep out infected Americans, and will make the U.S. pay for it. - Middle Age Riot
- Asian-American Journalist Says Trump White House Official Called Coronavirus 'Kung Flu' To Her Face
- Trump Attacks 'Failing' Michigan Governor After She Hits 'Mind-Boggling' Coronavirus Response on MSNBC
- Jared Kushner Reportedly Advised Trump That Media Was Exaggerating Coronavirus Threat
- Melania Trump: Read a book, work on a hobby while stuck at home
- Devin Nunes Bashes 'Media Freaks' as He Tries to Clean Up Comments About Going to Restaurants, Bars
- Oklahoma governor who faced backlash over 'packed' restaurant tweet now declares state of emergency
- Mitch McConnell Accused of Wasting Time on Coronavirus Bill
- Justice Dept. abandons prosecution of Russian firm indicted in Mueller election interference probe
Trump Sends Pence Out Shopping For Toilet Paper. - Andy Borowitz
Jesus Needs To Throw These Money Changers Out, Again.
A pastor in Alabama this week invited people who have been infected with coronavirus into his church so that they could be treated with the power of prayer, despite guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control to avoid large gatherings.
Patheos reports that Chris Bartlett, pastor of the Boaz Church of God in Boaz, Alabama, wrote a now-deleted Facebook post in which he criticized other churches for temporarily closing to help slow the spread of the disease.
Funny how the people who want more God in govt keep voting for guys who worship the Golden Calf. - John Fugelsang
Trump Orders Parade To Celebrate His Handling Of Pandemic. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- 'Absolutely Irresponsible': Elizabeth Warren Blasts Mitch McConnell for Senate Delays on Passing House Coronavirus Aid Package
- 3 states to hold primaries as Ohio puts off vote
- Joe Biden gets Secret Service detail as he closes in on the 2020 Democratic nomination
- Bernie Sanders is not planning to quit the race after today's votes, his aides say
Pfizer Pours All Resources Into Developing New Hyper-Depressant Pill To Help Americans Ease Transition Into Self-Quarantining. - The Onion
The Check Is In The Mail?
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Tuesday that the Trump administration was considering offsetting the economic burden of the coronavirus pandemic by "immediately" cutting checks to Americans.
Congress Allocates $2 Trillion To Bail Out Struggling Bailout Industry. - The Onion
Both Ivanka & Melania are giving us hints to help us stay entertained while homebound.I'm sure they are both concerned about how the bills are going to be paid while they play with the kids or read a good book. - Woman in the Moon
- Kentucky Derby Postponed for First Time Since End of World War II
- Critical supplies shortage hampers hospitals, health providers
- Total paralysis: Costa Rica, a country reliant on tourism, prepares for nearly a month without tourists
- Facebook to give employees $1000 to deal with coronavirus impact
Thank god President Trump is bailing out the airlines I was so worried they wouldn’t be able to feed their children or get medical care. - OhNoSheTwitnt
Ahem, CNN, A Cheeto Doesn't Change Its Color
CNN's Dana Bash lauded President Trump's tone on Tuesday afternoon following the White House's daily briefing on the coronavirus pandemic.
The network's chief political correspondent called him "the kind of leader that people need" amid the growing crisis.
WHY HAS JARED KUSHNER NOT FIXED EVERYTHING YET?? - Rex Huppke
I'm grateful I have a job where
I can work from home.