The Iowa caucus results appear to be indefinitely delayed, as the state party blames "coding issues" with its reporting system.
BREAKING: White Person Wins Iowa Caucuses. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- State Dept. Was Granted $120 Million to Fight Russian Meddling. It Has Spent $0.
- The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over coronavirus
- Palestinians cut all ties with US and Israel over ‘arrogance’ of Jared Kushner’s ‘peace’ deal
- Russia rejects appeal from former U.S. Marine held on spying charges
- Iran to execute alleged CIA spy, officials say
- Steve Schmidt: When Trump Is Acquitted, He Will Have More Power Than FDR During WWII, Lincoln During Civil War
Apparently Putin was furious at the KGB last night. He said why do we spend all this money to f-ck up their elections when Iowa can do it for 300 dollars. - Albert Brooks
Trump Outdoes Kaepernick
President Donald Trump has repeatedly said all Americans should “stand proudly” during the national anthem, and publicly chastises those who don’t as disrespectful of the troops and the flag.
But during the national anthem at his own Super Bowl watch party Sunday night, a brief video posted to Instagram shows Trump greeting guests, adjusting his chair, and straightening his suit jacket as other attendees — including first lady Melania Trump and their teenage son — stand with their hands over their hearts. As “The Star Spangled Banner” crescendos, Trump raises both of his hands in the air, and twirls them around as if conducting the music.
Iowa may be doing what others have failed to do: killing the Iowa caucus. - David Corn
- Trump Excludes CNN From Annual State of the Union Lunch
- Murkowski Decries Impeachment Process, Announces 'I Cannot Vote to Convict' President Trump
- FEC Complaint Alleges Illegal Straw Donor Made $150,000 Contribution to Pro-Susan Collins PAC
- Jared Kushner hit with Hatch Act complaint for ‘blatantly’ violating ethics laws in latest CNN interview
- GOP senator who called Trump's conduct "inappropriate" won't endorse resolution to censure him
- Rand Paul reads alleged whistleblower's name on Senate floor
- 5'6" Sean Spicer Says He Was 'Stung' By Trump's Attack on Mike Bloomberg Height
- Parnas will stand trial weeks before Election Day
- Al Sharpton Rips Trump For Anthem Video: 'Kaepernick Did Not Mock the National Anthem. This Was a Mockery'
- Cranky Federal Judge to DOJ Lawyer: Do You Have Trouble Answering Questions in General or Just Here?
- “It’s Payback Time”: With Acquittal Certain, Trump Plots Revenge on Bolton, Impeachment Enemies
If you find that Trump was guilty and you choose to acquit, “your name will be tied to his with a cord of steel for all of history. - Adam Schiff
Conservative Flings Out False News. Yawn.
A conservative not-for-profit organization and several prominent rightwing media figures spread false and misleading information about Iowa’s voter rolls in the hours leading up to the state’s first-in-the-nation caucus on Monday.
Judicial Watch, a conservative foundation based in Washington DC, issued a press release Monday falsely claiming that eight counties in Iowa had more voters on their registration rolls than were eligible to vote.
Iowa is charming and everything but let’s all admit that if we saw this sloppy, chaotic, slap-dash voting system employed in another country we’d call for UN election monitoring. - Tim Alberta
Florida stands ready and willing to restore credibility to Iowa’s vote-tabulation procedures," a Florida election official said. - Andy Borowitz
You want to know who won the Iowa caucus? I’ll tell you.
Someone whom I am voting for in November to beat Trump. - Tony Posnanski
Rock The Voter News
- Cuomo scolds Iowa Democratic Party: You had one job
- Bloomberg plans to double television spending, expand staff in wake of Iowa confusion: reports
- Sanders on the caucuses: It's not a good night for democracy
- Bernie and Buttigieg elbow each other with claims of leads in Iowa
Buttigieg: ‘My Record During My First Term As President Speaks For Itself’ - The Onion
Trump Hits Highest Approval Rating Yet
President Trump's approval rating hit 49 percent in a new Gallup poll released Tuesday, his highest mark in that poll since he took office.
The poll, released on the eve of a likely Senate vote to acquit him on impeachment charges and at the outset of an election year, found 50 percent of those surveyed disapprove of Trump's job performance. Just 1 percent of respondents said they had no opinion.
Good news !
A trophy hunting group is offering a 'dream deer hunt' with Donald Trump Jr.
What a great opportunity!
And...the deer won't be armed ! - John Cleese
- HHS, pharmaceutical firm collaborating on coronavirus treatment
- Google, Tinder face investigation in Ireland over user data processing practices
- Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid says he'll accept Trump White House invitation
- House panel to hold hearing examining GOP tax law regulations affecting corporations
Adam Schiff is warning the Republican Senators that Trump will try to cheat again, not realizing that's exactly what these Republican Senators are counting on. - John Fugelsang
Here's the Culprit of the Caucus Chaos
A tech company affiliated with and funded by ACRONYM, a Democratic digital nonprofit group that has rapidly expanded in recent years, was responsible for building the Iowa caucus app that contributed to delays in reporting Monday night’s results in the first vote in the party’s presidential race. Multiple Democratic sources, including one of the presidential campaigns, confirmed the app’s creator.
State campaign finance records indicate the Iowa Democratic Party paid Shadow, a tech company that joined with ACRONYM last year, more than $60,000 for “website development”
Popular votes. Everything should just be determined by popular votes. Person with most votes, wins. I should be a founder. Or framer. How do I get that title? - Andy Lassner
The CIA posted this on Twitter this morning