President Trump capped a week of heartbreak by suggesting in a tone deaf tweet that the Federal Bureau of Investigation was too distracted by the Russian collusion probe to investigate the Parkland, Fla., shooter.
I am so proud of those brave students at Parkland High School.
F+ck this Gundamentalist bullsh+t.
We fixed the part of the Constitution that allowed slavery.
We fixed the part of the Constitution that said women couldn't vote.
Now let's fix the part that (some people believe) allows private citizens to own weapons capable of mass slaughter. - Randi Mayem Singer
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Third-graders in Missouri selling raffle tickets for AR-15
- Six-Year-Old Boy Among Four Family Members Gunned Down by Masked Suspect Outside Texas Steakhouse
- Kelly, Secret Service agent scuffled with Chinese officials over nuclear 'football'
- Netanyahu in deeper peril as more Israeli officials are arrested on corruption charges
- Mexican presidential candidates take aim at Trump on border wall
- Concerns growing within US military over costs of Trump's military parade, disruption it could cause
- Jill Stein comes unglued when asked about her visit to Russia in bonkers MSNBC interview
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, and Jill Stein all appear to have been helped by Russian election interference
- ‘He’s scared out of his mind’: Ex-official nails Trump over blaming FBI for shooting to deflect from Russia probe
Before entertaining the ridiculous notion of arming teachers, worth considering the NYPD stat for hitting their target in gun fight is 18%. - Anthony Bourdain
I'm So Glad I Had A Limbaughtomy
Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh on Sunday called for concealed carry in American schools to prevent mass shootings.
“The solution is we need concealed carry in these schools. If we are really serious about protecting the kids, we need a mechanism to be defensive when this kind of thing — if we’re not going to take action, we better have mechanisms in these schools to stop it when it breaks out,” Limbaugh told “Fox News Sunday.”
Teachers are heroes but I've seen them try to work an overhead projector and I don't believe they should have guns.- Ken Jennings
Remember, if you think God made DT president, you've confused God with dead slave owners who demanded an electoral college.
Happy #PresidentsDay2018!!! - John Fugelsang
Wow. Here's One Republican Criticizing Trump On Russia.
Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) criticized President Trump for not condemning Russia after charges were brought against 13 Russian nationals and three Russian groups.
"54 hours later, and this President STILL hasn't condemned Russia," Walsh tweeted Sunday.
Vice President Pence is shedding light on what he did and did not do when he was seated by North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's sister during the opening ceremony.
Pence explained he didn't avoid her, he ignored her. Like he does all women. - Jimmy Kimmel
- Shooting survivor to NRA: ‘Don’t you dare come back here’
- Fla. shooting survivor on Trump’s FBI tweets: ‘Disgusting’
- Trump asked Mar-a-Lago members if he should take action on gun control: report
- Trump loses his mind after ‘biased and slanted’ Oprah Winfrey ’60 Minutes’ interview with Michigan voters
- Mueller could investigate Trump’s porn star payoffs as campaign finance violations: legal expert
- Former Trump aide Richard Gates to plead guilty; agrees to testify against Manafort, sources say
- ‘Stormy Daniels is not the only one’: Ex-adult star hints more performers may be coming forward to expose Trump
- White nationalists and Twitter bots fueled the war against Al Franken — and the Democrats fell for it
- Right wingers are egging on Trump to pardon every person Mueller indicts — including himself
"Every time he sees me he says, 'I didn't do that,' and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, 'I didn't do that.' I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country," - Donald Trump, on Putin saying he didn't interfere with the 2016 election
Oh Gawd, They're Gonna Breed Online
A website that promises to “Make Dating Great Again!” matches Trump supporters looking for companionship, but it only allows users to register as a “straight man” or “straight woman”, although their relationship status is not limited to single.
Sarah Palin was watching Russia from her house this whole time and didn’t say a damn thing. Pretty suspect.- Kaivan Shroff
Rock The Voter News
- Parkland’s Emma Gonzales schools Trump for lack of Twitter maturity: ‘The best thing for us to do is ignore him’
- Obama Is the Most Name-Dropped President in Music, Plus 5 of the Other Most Popular Presidents in Music History
- Former Donald Trump Aide Omarosa: Hillary Clinton Would Have Been 'Exceptional' President
Teenagers who were almost murdered four days ago are leading the nation on gun control. The head of Trump’s EPA is afraid to fly coach. - Sam Adams
THIS Is The Real America, Goddammit! I Love These Kids!
Washington, D.C., area students on Monday staged protests against gun violence outside of the White House just days after 17 people were killed in a shooting at a South Florida high school.
Numerous students took part in a "lie-in" on the road outside of the White House, laying on the ground for three minutes at a time in an effort to symbolize the short amount of time it took alleged shooter Nikolas Cruz to gun down numerous people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., last week.
Incomprehensible pain and loss at a high school, yet again, and it’s children who are the leading voices for action. Meanwhile, our president uses the tragedy to attack the investigation of a foreign adversary’s interference in our democracy. Shameful. - Sally Yates
- Egyptian Firm to Buy $15 Billion in Israeli Natural Gas
- Most KFCs in UK remain closed because of chicken shortage
- Elon Musk's Boring Company gets preliminary permit for NYC-DC Hyperloop
- Donald Trump Jr. to wine and dine luxury apartment buyers in India
- Dog food brands recalled over possible euthanasia drug
“I need every black man in the country to go out tomorrow and buy an AR-15 assault weapon. They’ll be banned by Tuesday”. ~ David Helton
Wow. Another Republican Goes After Republicans
A major Republican donor in Florida is threatening to cut off funding to politicians who oppose a ban on assault weapons. Florida-based real estate developer Al Hoffman Jr. has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for Republicans. But in the wake of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, Hoffman sent an email to other GOP donors, urging them to support a ban on assault weapons.
I'm not saying everyone in LA is stoned, but a cop just pulled me over to give me a high 5. - Conan O'Brien