Around 50,000 texts between FBI agents from December 2016 to May 2017 are apparently unrecoverable, and Trump tweets that Samsung may be to blame.
"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."- Albert Einstein
Raise your hand if Robert Mueller isn't interviewing you
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump shocked Brits by ordering Theresa May to make people stop protesting against him: report
- Mike Pence will fight North Korea’s propaganda at Olympics
- Seoul worried US may launch limited strike, or 'preventive' action against North Korea
- Sean Hannity Is Now a Favorite Weapon of Russian Trolls Attacking America
- Kushners drop effort to raise Chinese cash for New Jersey project: AP
- Merkel Warns of Populist `Poison' to Rally Europe
- Students recount fatal Kentucky high school shooting: 'No one screamed'
- Militants Attack Afghan Offices of Children's NGO, Killing 3
“Are we living in a porno? Because he acts like a president in a porno: ‘Immigration, crime, North Korea — is it getting hot in here?'” - Seth Myers
Rick Gates' Spokesman Dies In Afghanistan Attack
A spokesman for Rick Gates, the former Trump campaign official indicted in the Russia investigation, was killed over the weekend in Afghanistan during the bombing and siege of a hotel that catered to foreigners.
Remember when Trump fired Sally Yates for telling the truth and then allowed Michael Flynn to resign for lying? - Andy Borowitz
- Trump Says He Is Willing To Talk To Mueller Under Oath
- Trump complained about FBI official’s wife: report
- ‘This guy’s busted’: Morning Joe says Mueller has ‘smoking gun’ evidence of Trump obstruction on tape
- After Comey firing, Trump asked acting FBI director who he voted for
- RNC chair: Trump asking acting FBI Director McCabe whom he voted for was just his way of ‘getting to know’ him
- Devin Nunes’ secret anti-FBI memo ‘centers’ around former Trump aide Carter Page: report
- ‘Bat-bleep-crazy’: Nicolle Wallace laughs out loud at GOP ‘loons’ floating FBI ‘secret society’ conspiracies
- No border wall, no DACA, Trump tells ‘cryin’ Chuck Schumer’
- ‘It’s a yes or no question’: Reporter grills Sarah Sanders over Trump asking FBI officials who they voted for
- ‘Where did Christ refer to mulligans?’: CNN’s Camerota nails evangelicals for giving Trump a pass on adultery
- Top Trump Housing official attacks CNN's April Ryan as "Miss Piggy" in since-deleted tweet
- Congressman Accused Of Harassment Defends Himself, Says He Saw Aide As A 'Soul Mate'
Stunning fact from 12 months of Russia/obstruction news: not ONE news item has ever exonerated the White House, even for a single news cycle.
- Eric Boehlert
I Think This Guy Tried To Sell Me A Used Car Once
Payday lenders appear to have a powerful friend in Washington.
Former Republican congressman Mick Mulvaney is the interim head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. He was appointed by President Trump amid an ongoing a power struggle for control of the bureau.
Watchdog groups are up in arms because, under Mulvaney, the CFPB has put on hold a rule that would restrict payday lenders and their high-interest-rate loans. The agency has also dropped a lawsuit against online lenders charging 900-percent interest rates.
According to The Washington Post, Robert Mueller, the special counsel, wants to interview President Trump. The main thing will be to get him to answer questions between bites of cheeseburger.- Jimmy Kimmel
White House Doctor Writes Note Saying Trump Too Sick to Talk to Mueller. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Fake news story says hitman for Bill Clinton confesses
- Former President Barack Obama officiated former staffers' DC wedding
- Judiciary Democrats want to share Trump Jr. testimony with Mueller
Is The Mueller Squeeze Working?
Former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates has quietly added a prominent white-collar attorney, Tom Green, to his defense team, signaling that Gates' approach to his not-guilty plea could be changing behind the scenes.
Today a White House adviser compared President Trump to Houdini, because “if you keep him in a cage, he’s gonna get out.” When asked how he knows that, he said, “’Cuz we put him in a cage... and he got out.”- Jimmy Fallon
- White House Declares Open Season on the Dollar at Davos
- Toys R Us to close 180 stores across the US
- AT&T drops USA Gymnastics as sponsor over Nassar scandal
- Whirlpool, First Solar shares soar after Trump's approves tariffs on foreign competitors
We know Trump watches Fox News commercials because he just put a reverse mortgage on the White House. - Conan O'Brien
The Vendetta Against Samsung
Behold, the tariff-man cometh. During his presidential campaign, Donald Trump consistently riffed on the idea that the United States was losing, most notably on trade. Post-election Trump has somewhat cooled on the rhetoric and has rebuffed advisors that advocate for radical trade actions. That all changed this month with the administration unveiling the first of its protectionist policies... Acting on a request from Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR), the Trump administration slapped tariffs on washing machines, targeting South Korean conglomerates Samsung (NASDAQOTH: SSNLF) and LG Electronics. In the end, the world's largest publicly traded company, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) could be dragged into the fray.
New Study Finds Americans Need 6 Hours Of Sleep At Work - The Onion
NOTICE: I don't think I am completely over the flu yet. I fell asleep yesterday midway through posting AHNC. Mea culpa.