As divisions between the two main ideological camps within the GOP widened Tuesday, Republicans were scrambling to contain the political fallout from the collapse of a months-long effort to rewrite former President Barack Obama’s signature domestic accomplishment.
Republicans have spent decades trying to destroy Hillary & the past 7 years trying to destroy Obamacare. All they've done is prove their ineptness.
John Boehner smiles, pours himself a scotch, and drags deeply on a cigarette. Today will be a good day. - goldengateblond tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- US airstrikes in Afghanistan are at levels not seen since Obama troop surge
- Trump grudgingly admits Obama's Iran nuclear deal is working
- US announces new sanctions targeting Iran
- Trump calls Venezuela's Maduro a 'bad leader,' threatens tougher sanctions
- Police in Saudi Arabia detain woman in miniskirt video
Poll: Nation Favors Repealing Congressional Republicans and Replacing Them with Adorable Kittens. - Andy Borowitz
Lordy, Another Secret Trump/Putin Meeting.
President Trump held a second, informal meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Hamburg earlier this month, according to Ian Bremmer, the president of the international consulting firm Eurasia Group.
In the coming months we're going to see how a real espionage/influence campaign works. DT/Russia colluding to steal an election. God help US. - Rob Reiner
Tillerson Is Minimizing Cybersecurity At The State Dept. I Can Hear Putin Clapping In Russia.
The global cybersecurity community is still struggling to process the news that Christopher Painter, the Trump administration’s top cyber diplomat, will leave his State Department job at the end of the month...
- Confirmed: Mueller is investigating Trump Jr.'s Russia meeting
- Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert released from prison
- Eighth person in Trump Tower meeting is identified
- 'You treat me like a baby!': 'Final straw' led Trump to oust former campaign chairman Paul Manafort
- Mueller tells Senate Judiciary it can publicly interview Trump Jr. and Manafort
- Bathroom bill opens deep rift in Texas GOP
- GOP official apologizes for sharing article that called for McCain's death
The President of the United States is suggesting deliberately letting a law "fail" that tens of millions rely on to stay healthy and survive. - Brian Klaas
Personal Insults Seem To Be The White House's Only Forte
A new book from Bloomberg’s Joshua Green has an anecdote about the time when Steve Bannon called Paul Ryan “limpdick motherf*cker” who was basically grown in a conservative laboratory.
Doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Center said that when Mitch McConnell arrived at the facility his white vote count had fallen below fifty and he had gone into shock. - Andy Borowitz
Sanctuary Cities To Be Swarmed By ICE
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Acting Director Thomas Homan said Tuesday that he plans on sending hundreds of agents to sanctuary cities in the near future as part of a major crackdown on illegal immigration.
Trumpcare is not truly dead until the Democrats have a congressional majority or Trump is out of office and hosting a reality show in Russia. - Dan Pfeiffer
Rock The Voter News
- Obama Officials to Testify in Russia Investigation, Including Those Accused of Leaks
- No, Malia Obama wasn't fired by the Spanish Embassy for smoking marijuana
A Bipartisan Effort To Stop Vote Hacking Because Trump & The GOP Won't
Two unlikely individuals are working together on a bipartisan effort to fight cyberattacks and protect the integrity of U.S. elections. The former presidential campaign managers of Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Mitt Romney are leading an initiative, launched Tuesday, called “Defending Digital Democracy,” specifically to prevent repeats and copycats of Russia’s 2016 election interference.
- Harley-Davidson cuts shipments forecast; shares skid
- UnitedHealth 2Q Profit Surges as ACA Participation Shrinks
- Google Glass smart eyewear returns
- Here's what Canada and Mexico will hate about Trump's NAFTA plans
Turns out Trump had a Russian money launderin' expert at their June 9 meetin' so they could talk about, you know, "adoptions." - Tea Pain
Tropical Storm Don Expected To Go Limp
Tropical Storm Don is spreading bands of heavy rain and gusty winds across the Windward Islands, after becoming the fourth named storm of the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season Monday afternoon.
Yesterday Trump spent day with American manufacturers. He wore a cowboy hat & pretended to drive a fire truck. Like most 4 year-old boys. - Bette Midler