Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., was unanimously elected Wednesday as the next leader of the House Democratic Caucus. The 52-year-old Brooklyn native, who succeeds 82-year-old House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, will be the first Black and first nonwhite party leader in Congress.
Humbled to be elected incoming House Democratic Leader.Ready to get to work. - Hakeem Jeffries tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without Republicans
- Even Trump Ally Netanyahu Condemns ‘Wrong and Misplaced’ Dinner With Kanye West and Nick Fuentes
- Blinken labels Russian attacks on Ukraine energy infrastructure ‘barbaric’
- GOP governors, senators take aim at Pentagon COVID-19 vaccine mandate
- EU warns Musk that Twitter faces ban over content moderation
- Secret 9/11 memo reveals Bush rewriting the history of the 9/11 attacks and the warnings he'd tuned out
White Nationalists Give Mar-a-Lago Restaurant Disappointing One-Star Reviews on Tripadvisor. - Andy Borowitz
What? Five Rental Cars The Secret Service Used Burst Into Flames. Nothing To See Here, Move On.
A car fire that briefly shut down the Nantucket airport on Monday involved five vehicles that the Secret Service had rented for the Thanksgiving holiday visit of President Joe Biden and his family, the agency said Tuesday...The vehicles were rented from Hertz and returned after the Secret Service was done with them, agency spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told NBC News. Hertz is investigating the fire, and the Secret Service is not involved
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why Al Franken had to resign for a joke photo he took years before he was a senator, but elected officials who participated in or encouraged an armed insurrection to overthrow our democracy are allowed to stay in government? - Hamish Mitchell tweet
After 3 years of legal battles, Democrats are now in possession of Donald Trump’s tax returns.Now the real “audit” can begin.
- Kevin McCarthy Calls on GOP to Make Him Speaker So Dems Can Be Investigated: 'The Subpoenas Can't Move Out'
- Joe Rogan Questions Why Elon Musk Would Allow The Taliban to Remain on Twitter But Not Alex Jones
- Jesse Watters and Adam Carolla Commemorate Historic US World Cup Win By Trashing Soccer for 2 Minutes: 'Way Too Boring'
- Mark Levin Lays Waste to 'Utterly Useless' Matt Gaetz and His Gang of 'Five Boneheads' Leading Far-Right Revolt Against McCarthy
- 'Not True at All': White Supremacist Denies Report He Was Part of Plot to 'Make Trump’s Life Miserable'
- DeSantis to publish book amid heavy 2024 speculation
- Trump WH Adviser Stephen Miller Just Testified For Hours Before Jan. 6 Criminal Grand Jury
- Judge: GOP head can't share lawyers with other fake electors
HOLY COW: Georgia continues to shatter early voting records, as thus far 833,700 early votes have been cast in the runoff election! - ReallyAmerican1 tweet
Trump Insults McConnell Over Nazis
Former President Donald Trump insulted Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on Tuesday after the Kentucky senator condemned Trump for meeting with avowed anti-Semites Kanye West and Nick Fuentes – who is a prominent neo-Nazi.
Today Mitch McConnell said, "There’s no place in the Republican Party for white supremacists or anti-semitism.”Hate to break it to you, Mitch, that IS the Republican Party. - Jack Cocchiarella tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Democrats Elect Hakeem Jeffries to Succeed Nancy Pelosi as House Party Leader
- Biden vows protections for Nevada’s Spirit Mountain
- Cities led the way in LGBTQ equality this year, HRC report says
My favorite story about Hakeem Jeffries was when he turned to Clarence Thomas and blasted Ginni Thomas on live TV for trying to overthrow the 2020 election. We're in good hands. - CallToActivisim tweet
CNN To Fire HundredsCNN Chief Chris Licht announced that the network will start making layoffs as part of his budget cut strategy, and it is expected to target hundreds of CNN employees.
Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984. Here's why that's bad news for Joe Biden. - New York Times Pitchbot tweet
- Tucker Carlson Claims Apple Engages in 'Secretive Censorship' 'Always and Everywhere' to Help the Chinese Government
- 'Boy We Zoomed Up!' CNBC Reporters Gush Over GDP — Wonder If US 'Canceled Appointment With Recession'
- Bob Iger Promises to Work to 'Quiet' Political Controversy at Disney Following Company's DeSantis Spats
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Meeting With Republican Lawmakers in Washington
- Elon Musk says the Fed must cut rates ‘immediately’ to stop a severe recession
pro tip: don't take advice on interest rates from a guy drowning in billions of dollars of debt. - Jeff Tiedrich tweet
House Democrats Vote To Give Railway Workers Sick Days. It's About Damn Time.
The House passed a bill on Wednesday to avert a railway strike, taking the first major step in avoiding a walkout of workers that would have drastic effects on the U.S. economy as it heads into the holiday season.
You shouldn’t have to strike to get 7 days of sick leave, whether you work for Amazon or Amtrak. The system is broken. - Jane of the North tweet