One person was injured when a Hummer carrying five-gallon cans of gas caught fire in Florida on Wednesday, fire officials said.
The fire happened as people across the East Coast scrambled to fill their gas tanks this week after a cyberattack shut down the Colonial Pipeline, a major US gas provider.
May 12, 1846 - The Donner Party embarks on a journey that leads to tragedy, ruin, and cannibalizing each other.May 12, 2021 - The Donald Party embarks on pretty much the same. - John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Republicans
- Marjorie Taylor Greene confronts Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez outside House chamber
- Active-duty Marine officer arrested, facing multiple charges in Jan. 6 riot
- 2-year-old in Maine shoots parents with unsecured gun
- Biden says Colonial Pipeline hackers based in Russia, but not government-backed
- CDC: Vaccinated people can now remove masks in most group settings
The GOP's new slogan is: "Be thankful for the crumbs that we give you." - Aaron Parnas
Matt Gaetz Might Want To Take A Vacation To A Country That Won't Extradite Him. Russia Is Nice This Time Of Year.
A federal court has scheduled a change of plea hearing for Joel Greenberg, the Florida official and accused sex trafficker at the center of the legal investigation into Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), indicating he'll likely enter a plea agreement with federal prosecutors.
Bad time for the Feds to be closing in on Matt Gaetz. No gas for his white bronco chase. - Scott Linnen
- Palm Beach Police Have Reportedly Discussed Trump’s Possible Extradition If He’s Indicted
- Prosecutors subpoena NYC school in pursuit of info from Trump confidante: report
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to pardon anyone charged for defying COVID rules
- DeSantis signs bill making to-go alcohol sales permanent in Florida
- McCarthy brushes off questions about GOP lawmakers downplaying Jan. 6 violence
- Meghan McCain Derails Insurrection Debate on The View By Complaining About 'Whether or Not I Can Get Gas in My Car'
- 'American Idol' favorite Caleb Kennedy abruptly quits over KKK video
- Missouri abandons voter-approved Medicaid expansion
- Prince Harry rips Joe Rogan for vaccine remarks: Have to 'be careful about what comes out of your mouth'
Poor Liz Cheney, doomed to wake up every morning into a world she helped create. - Jeff Tiedrich
Get Vaccinated & Receive A Lottery Ticket. Huh?
More cities and states across the country have announced incentives of various kinds to get people vaccinated. For example, New Jersey recently announced people who got vaccinated could get a free beer.
Thanks to Marjorie Taylor Greene, in addition to metal detectors, the Capitol will now also need straight jackets and frontal lobotomies. - Jeremy Newberger
I just don’t want them to lift the sweatpants mandate. I can’t go back to jeans. - Jesse Lifson
Rock The Voter News
- Pelosi: Greene's 'verbal assault' of Ocasio-Cortez could be a matter for Ethics Committee
- Pelosi says firms should not pay ransoms to hackers
- Head of House Diversity and Inclusion Office urges more staff diversity
- John Podesta’s got a message for Joe Biden: Drop the Republicans
Every Bush Is A Dirty Rotten Scoundrel. Every Damn One.
George P. Bush, the son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), backed House Republicans for dropping Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from their leadership team, arguing that she was pushing a personal vendetta against former President Trump.
If Biden offered a free bag of gas and a set of truck nuts with every vaccination, the pandemic would be over by the end of the month. - Hamish Mitchell
Jeff Bezos is having a $1.2 billion yacht made with a smaller yacht to hold the helicopter to ride alongside. He paid no federal taxes and has made almost double what he made in 2020, pandemic and all. How's that $1400 holding up? - Erin Rogers
- Colonial paid hackers almost $5M in ransom: report
- Biden urges people not to panic about gasoline shortages
- Amazon looks to add 75K employees, offers $100 vaccination bonuses for new hires
- Bitcoin Price Drops After Elon Musk Tweets Tesla Will No Longer Accept It as Payment
Elon Musk Unveils New Clean Energy Luxury Car Pulled By 8 Tesla Employees. - The Onion
Kudos To The Secret Service!
The Secret Service on Wednesday said it had helped in recovering around $2 billion in fraudulently obtained COVID-19 relief funds.
CNN reports that the agency has opened 690 cases of unemployment insurance fraud and 720 Payment Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan investigations since the pandemic began. The Secret Service has recovered more than $640 million from accused fraudsters.
Have you ever run out of gas because your plastic bag busted? - Mayo tweet
Time To Deflate Photo