...Local and state-level Republican parties are sharply attacking and even formally censuring prominent figures in the party like Cheney who have broken with Trump. And that’s part of a broader narrative within the GOP: The party’s most-Trump and pro-Trumpism contingent and the forces in the party pushing its growing radical and antidemocratic tendencies are often not national Republicans, but those at the local and state levels.
Republicans: “Get over it.”Nancy Pelosi: “No.” - Middle Age Riot
The World Is A Safer Place Without Republicans
- Military: No Americans killed by barrage of rockets
- Sen. Ron Johnson Downplays the Capitol Attack: 'Didn't Seem Like an Armed Insurrection to Me'
- ‘Lindsey! Get Away from the Window!’ Jonathan Swan Reports on How Senators Sheltered in Place Amid Capitol Attack
- Texas officials come under heavy criticism over storm preparedness
- Officials in Texas scramble after power outage hits Houston vaccine storage freezer
I'm old enough to remember when Republican politicians could denounce violent insurrections without alienating their base.- Middle Age Riot
Lawyers Are Revving Their Engines
The NAACP and Rep. Bennie Thompson just filed a lawsuit against former President Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani, alleging that they incited the Capitol riot on Jan. 6 in violation of a Reconstruction Era law commonly referred to as the Klu Klux Klan Act. The case also names two white extremists groups, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers.
Why isn't Biden telling Texas to rake the snow? doesn't he know how to president. - Jeff Tiedrich
- GOP official on Toomey: Wasn't sent to 'do the right thing or whatever he said'
- Majority don't think Trump should be allowed to hold future office: poll
- ABC Draws Heat for Putting Claudia Conway, Daughter of Kellyanne and George, on American Idol: ‘The Worst Sort of Exploitation of a Minor’
- New Report Alleges Steve Schmidt Was Aware of Sexual Harassment Allegations as Early as March
- Lincoln Project Co-Founder George Conway Calls for Group to Shut Down: 'LYING HAS TO STOP'
- Meghan McCain Rips Media Coverage of GOP: 'The Only Way to Become a Good Republican is to Become a Democrat'
- 'Georgia Was a Fiasco': McConnell Signals He'll Be Willing to Get Heavily Involved in 2022 GOP Primaries to 'Actually Win in November'
Christian Conservatives Ruin Another Family
As the Republican Party censures, condemns and seeks to purge leaders who aren’t in lockstep with Donald Trump, Adam Kinzinger, the six-term Illinois congressman, stands as enemy No. 1 — unwelcome not just in his party but also in his own family, some of whom recently disowned him...11 members of his family sent him a handwritten two-page letter, saying he was in cahoots with “the devil’s army” for making a public break with the president.
How can Meghan McCain say with a straight face she's the most pro-life person on TV, yet she's against healthcare for anyone who can't pay cash & her husband promotes "Covid parties" to infect as many people as possible with a deadly virus. That's pro-fetus not pro-life. - MrsDubya tweet
Adam Kinzinger Thrilled He Will No Longer Be Invited to Thanksgiving. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Dr. Fauci Defends VP Kamala Harris' 'Starting From Scratch' Comments — Because She Was Not Wrong
- Cuomo Responds to Scandal at Lengthy Presser, Claims Staff and Visitors Brought Covid Into Nursing Homes
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Says He Would Run for President ‘If That’s What the People Wanted’
- Tennessee man charged with forging Obama's name on handgun permit
Biden isn't golfing again. What's his excuse now, the weather? The nerve of this guy. - Blacknight10K
White Privilege Alert! White Privilege Alert!
Charges against Amy Cooper, the white woman who made headlines last Spring for calling the police on an innocent Black bird-watcher, were all dismissed after she completed an educational program on racial biases.
Let’s be clear. The refusal by Republicans to hold Trump accountable for committing the worst violation of the Constitution by a President in our Nation’s history is about one thing and one thing only: White Supremacy. - Rob Reiner
- Stocks hit new highs as record streak continues
- Bill Gates: Rich nations should move to '100 percent synthetic beef'
- Chinese vaccine arrives in first European Union nation
- Biden extends foreclosure moratorium and mortgage forbearance through June
So I guess the Trump 2024 slogan will be, “Let’s see if we can needlessly kill a million people this time.” - Andy Borowitz
Musk + Putin = Terrifying
Russian President Vladimir Putin is open to doing a Clubhouse interview with Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, a Kremlin spokesman said Monday.
“We want to figure it out first. President Putin does not personally use social networks directly, he doesn’t have them,” spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to Reuters.
Musk invited Putin to join him in a Saturday Twitter message written in English, before adding in Russian, “It would be a great honor to speak with you.”
Tesla moved to Texas. Know what Tesla needs that Texas doesn't have? Electricity. - Radio Justice tweet
Humphrey Bogart's lifts, worn during his scenes with Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca, 1942. Heaven forbid that a woman would be taller than a man.