The Senate will incorporate the annual intelligence policy legislation into the National Defense Authorization Act -- but only after stripping language from the intelligence bill that would have required presidential campaigns to report offers of foreign election help.
Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that Senate Republicans forced the removal of the election reporting provision as a condition to include the intelligence bill on the must-pass defense policy legislation.
Helping the enemy used to be called treason.
Republicans Defend Trump’s Decision to Give Putin Office Space at White House. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- CDC Doctor Warns 'This is the Beginning' of Coronavirus
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: New virus in China has traits of 2009 swine flu and 1918 pandemic flu
- Texas’ Lt. Gov. blasts Fauci as coronavirus surges in his state: ‘I don’t need his advice anymore’
- Laura Ingraham Attacks Dr. Fauci for Warning Congress About Ongoing Pandemic Resurgence: He's 'Working for the Biden Campaign'
- 250,000 babies may die indirectly due to COVID-19. Worst-case scenario: 1.2 million babies worldwide, study says
- Russians grant Putin right to extend his rule until 2036 in landslide vote, initial results show
Is Trump like, actively trying to murder his own base? - Sarah Cooper
Former Harvard Medical Professor Says We're All Gonna Die!
Former Harvard Medical Professor Dr. William Haseltine directly tied the new daily records in positive Covid-19 cases to the decisions by many states across the South and West to reopen their social distancing rules too early: “We’re reaping what we’ve sown over the past months.”
Study: No One Could Have Seen Pandemic Coming Except People Capable of Reading. - Andy Borowitz
- Republicans have been skipping House Intelligence meetings for months
- Hundreds of former Bush officials launch super PAC to support Biden: report
- Trump Vows to Veto Defense Bill Over Amendment to Rename Military Bases Named After Confederates
- Trump rages at Fifth Avenue Black Lives Matter sign that will ‘denigrate’ the ‘luxury’ area around Trump Tower
- Trump falsely accuses Biden of being fed reporters’ questions
- Kayleigh McEnany Says Trump 'Does Read' When Confronted on Intel Reports, Calls Him 'Most Informed Person on Planet Earth' About Threats to US
- Candidates backing QAnon theory score primary wins
- Rand Paul urges Fauci to provide 'more optimism' on coronavirus
Rand Paul Says Secret to Social Distancing Is Making Everyone Despise You. - Andy Borowitz
Gov. "Florida Man"
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Tuesday that his state is “not going back” on reopening as thousands of new COVID-19 cases continue to be reported every day.
DeSantis told reporters that the state will not follow Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s (R) move to pause reopening
Trump Threatens To Punish States By Visiting Them. - Andy Borowitz
Donald Trump was never going to get along with anything called "the intelligence community." - Middle Age Riot
Rock The Voter News
- Joe Biden Rips Trump Over Bounty Story in Surprise Press Conference: 'Dereliction of Duty'
- About that running mate: 72% of Democrats in USA TODAY poll say it's 'important' Biden pick woman of color
- McGrath wins Kentucky Dem primary; McConnell showdown awaits
- Black mayor of Kansas City says he was called N-word over mask rule
If elected president, you can bet Joe Biden will never tweet about his TV ratings. - Hillary Clinton tweet
Alright, Already! Please Pick A Running Mate Today! Time's A-Wasting!
Former Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday seemingly committed to releasing a shortlist of Black women for potential Supreme Court nominees ahead of November’s general election.
“We are putting together a list of a group of African American women who are qualified and have the experience to be on the court,” Biden told reporters in Wilmington, Del., after delivering a speech focused on President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.
We really need to put professionals back in the White House. This way of life is a f-cking train wreck. - Ken Olin tweet
- Taiwan opens office for those fleeing Hong Kong after China's new security law
- The Trump administration just lent $700 million to a trucking company sued for ripping off taxpayers
- Fox News Fires Ed Henry After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Trump Mocks CNN's Ratings and Says Chris Cuomo Should Get Pay Cut After Network Draws Biggest Audience in History
Just shut everything down, suspend all mortgage and rent payments, give everybody $2k a month regardless of employment or means and call the rest of the year off. Otherwise we’re doomed. We knew this in April but pretended we could just wish it away. - Joe Dunman
Zuckerberg Continues To Dig Facebook's Grave
Advertisements for more than 400 brands including Coca-Cola and Starbucks are due to vanish from Facebook on Wednesday, after the failure of last-ditch talks to stop a boycott over hate speech on the site.
U.S. civil rights groups have enlisted the multinationals to help pressure the social media giant into taking concrete steps to block hate speech in the wake of the death of George Floyd and amid a national reckoning over racism..
When I was younger I used to learn a new word and then find ways to awkwardly shoehorn it into conversation. Talk about a classic bildungsroman. - Conan O'Brien