White House: Trump not briefed on alleged Russian offer to pay Taliban soldiers to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan
At a press conference on Monday, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said President Trump wasn’t briefed on the allegation that Russia offered Taliban soldiers a bounty to kill U.S. troops, because there was “no consensus” about it in the intelligence community.
I thought we were at least a few more weeks away from the President tweeting “White Power,” but I guess that’s what happens when you get caught letting Putin kill our soldiers. - The Lincoln Project
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- White House says Congress will be briefed on Russian bounties
- Pence says leaders of Black Lives Matter movement have 'radical left' agenda
- Some US states return to previous restrictions hoping to slow surges of coronavirus cases
- GOP lawmakers raise concerns over veterans access to health care amid pandemic
- Supreme Court declines challenge to DOJ execution method
- Iceland's president wins reelection in landslide over vocal Trump fan
- Former officers involved in George Floyd's death due in court
As a former FBIHQ Unit Chief, Organized Crime Section--and the lead House investigator during the Iran Contra inquiry--I'll add my input: There is no way the "President" (such as he is) was not fully briefed on the Russian, "bounty allegations." He is lying. - Clark Hall tweet
Did Russia Have A Nuclear Accident?
Radioactivity levels have spiked in the atmosphere over northern Europe, and that could indicate damage at a nuclear power plant in western Russia, according to a Dutch health agency that has analyzed the data. The radioactive spike suggests damage to a nuclear fuel element
The Republicans have gone from Abraham Lincoln to Sarah Palin to Donald Trump. No wonder they don’t believe in evolution.—Andy Borowitz
- Trump's Message to African-Americans Unhappy With Monuments to Slave Owners: 'You Have to Learn' History
- Fox's Gasparino: GOP operatives raising possibility Trump 'could drop out of race' if polls don't rebound
- Trump: Efforts to remove Woodrow Wilson, John Wayne names show 'incredible stupidity'
- Mississippi to remove state flag, the last to display the Confederate battle emblem
- Jacksonville to order mask-wearing ahead of GOP convention
- Woman Flips Out on ‘Democratic Pigs’ in Trader Joe’s, Says Being Asked to Wear a Mask Is Harassment
- Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion restrictions
- Bob Woodward talked out of exposing Brett Kavanaugh as anonymous source by Washington Post editor: report
Donald Trump is traitor trash. - Tim Hannan
What Is Wrong With People & Their Guns?
A couple in St. Louis is coming under fire on social media after images and videos showed them aiming guns at protesters who were marching past their home on a private road.
Footage showed the couple, one with a pistol and the other with what appeared to be a semiautomatic rifle, shouting at the protesters and waving the weapons around.
Just remember: As bad as you think he is now, he’s only going to get worse. - George Conway
The above tweet sent chills down my spine. George Conway is a Republican, an accomplished attorney, husband of Kellyanne Conway the president's advisor, and a founder of The Lincoln Project, the creators of the video below.
The guys at The Lincoln Project are doing what I thought Michael Bloomberg promised to do. - KwikWarren tweet
Why are so many 30something white women having huge tantrums in shops and fooderies when asked to wear a mask? I've never seen grown women behave like this. - Victoria Brownworth tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Joe Biden: Reports of Russia bounties on US troops are 'horrifying'
- Barack Obama Reportedly Decried Trump's 'Kung Flu' Remarks: 'Shocks and Pisses Me Off'
- Biden campaign staff is 35% people of color and 53% female, new diversity data shows
I’m not running for anything but if I were I would hire all the people from Project Lincoln immediately. - Preet Bharara
My God, Why Can't Republicans Understand Face Masks and Social Distancing. It Is Not Rocket Science.
A choir of more than 100 people performed without masks at a robustly attended event in Texas at the First Baptist Church in Dallas on Sunday that featured a speech by Vice President Mike Pence.
Bein' a Republican demands the mental acuity to admire Lincoln while simultaneously protectin' statues of all the men that wanted him dead. - Tea Pain
Almost panicked but then realized 3 months ago I received $1,200. - Ben Seeder tweet
Surgical masks are more effective than cloth face coverings. Other countries have produced enough for the public as well as for health care workers and have kept prices low or given them out free to the public. Why can't the United States do this? - Dr. Tom Frieden tweet
- Dow Jones Jumps 275 Points Amid Surging Coronavirus Cases; Boeing Soars 8%, While Facebook Tumbles
- A California restaurant closed over customers' refusal to wear masks, harassment of employees
- Gilead sets price for five-day coronavirus treatment at $2,340
- Megyn Kelly, Booted by NBC After Blackface Comments, Shreds Network (and Names Names) Over Blackface Moments
- Twitch suspends Trump campaign account
- Boeing 737 MAX Getting Back In The Air: Test Flights Start As Early As Monday
just passed an Olive Garden with a packed parking lot. imagine dying for Olive Garden. - thetomzone tweet
physically i am two days away from july, emotionally i am still processing february. - alaa tweet