President Donald Trump may want to reopen the U.S. economy by Easter — but the novel coronavirus wreaking havoc across the globe may have other plans.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert, pointed out Wednesday that the virus is determining “the timeline” for the pandemic.
George Bush hesitated for 7 minutes on 9/11. It was his 1st year in office & he was with children. Donald Trump did nothing for 7 weeks when he was informed about Covid19. It was his 4th year in office & he was with experts. Trump chose to ignore the threat. That’s unforgivable. - Ken Olin
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- CNN, NYT Report on New York Hospitals Being Overwhelmed by Coronavirus Demands: 'It's Not Sustainable'
- Trump Dismisses Idea of Testing Entire Nation, Fires Back When Asked How Many Deaths Are Acceptable: 'None, OK? None'
- NY Times Model Predicts Tens of Millions More Coronavirus Infections If Trump’s Easter Deadline Met
- The surge in coronavirus deaths in the U.S. means that 1 out of every 20 reported deaths worldwide has happened here.
- Trump WH Reportedly Ignored Obama-Era NSC 'Playbook' for Pandemic Response: 'Was Thrown Onto a Shelf'
- HHS Inspector General to Investigate Whistleblower Complaint on Trump Admin’s Handling of COVID-19 Outbreak
- Trump Goes Off on the Press at Coronavirus Briefing: 'People in Your Profession Write Fake News, You Do, She Does...'
- WHO Chief Warns Against Early End of Social Distancing: 'Last Thing Any Country Needs' is a Resurgence
- Doctors And Nurses Say More People Are Dying Of COVID-19 In The US Than We Know
- Costa Rican universities are producing emergency ventilators that could help patients in respiratory distress
- North Carolina startup gets approval for COVID-19 test that works in 15 minutes
The President's re-election strategy is to have no one left alive to vote him out. - TheTweetOfGod
Trump keeps trying to flatten the truth curve. - Andy Borowitz
Trump's War On Healthcare Providers
The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk. But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.
Another day and another day Donald Trump has not left the White House to see first hand what's going on in the country. No visit to see first responders or ER docs or nurses. No visit to a small business that's repurposing to help the cause. King in the Ivory Tower. - Joe Lockhart
- Don Jr. Posts 'Kung-Flu Kid' Meme Showing Donald Trump Karate Kicking The Coronavirus
- Lindsey Graham Says He's Voting to Pass Stimulus After Threatening to Block it: 'I Can Tolerate Some Bad to Do Some Good'
- House GOP leader pumps brakes on follow-up to coronavirus relief package
- Hannity challenges Mnuchin on coronavirus bill: Expanding unemployment benefits 'angers my audience'
- State Department says 50K stranded Americans requesting help to return home
- Fox News host cuts off Kellyanne Conway and calls her out for political attacks during pandemic
Cuomo shows up and it's like “Ooooh, Daddy's here.”Newsom shows up and it's like “Ooooh, likeable step-dad is here.”Trump shows up and it's like “Ooooh, racist grandpa took out his dick at the bus stop.” - John Fugelsang
Canada Is Against Trump Sending Troops To Their Border
The Canadian government says it's "strongly opposed" to the idea of sending American troops to the border to intercept illegal migrants as part of that country's response to the coronavirus pandemic.
"Canada is strongly opposed to this U.S. proposal and we've made that opposition very, very clear to our American counterparts," said Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland today.
Congress Sets Aside $1,200 In Trust For Each American Until They Prove They’re Responsible Enough To Handle It. - The Onion
Happy Birthday, Madam Speaker! Your leadership in this time of crisis has been so vital. I shudder to think how things might be this #ThursdayMorning if the Republicans still controlled the House. - TheDailyEdge tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Pelosi vows quick House passage of Senate stimulus Friday
- Schumer: Senate should 'explore' remote voting if coronavirus sparks lengthy break
- Poll: Biden holds narrow 3-point lead over Trump nationally
- Maryland election board to recommend eliminating in-person primary voting
- Bill and Hillary Clinton sent over 400 pizzas to New York hospital workers on front lines against coronavirus
How are her emails looking NOW? - Stonekettle
Let me just say I hope we emerge from this global pandemic and this deadly virus called Trump with a renewed commitment to expand education. I remain convinced that’s the antidote to save ourselves. - Steven Beschloss
- 3.3 Million People Filed For Unemployment Benefits Last Week — The Most in History
- 'We've got two weeks before we run out of food': Americans trapped between coronavirus and poverty
- A grocery store threw out $35,000 in food that a woman intentionally coughed on, sparking coronavirus fears, police said
- Tattoo artists are giving away their gloves and protective gear to health care providers
It only took a global pandemic and a complete and total societal shutdown to prevent school shootings.
Congratulations America. - Santiago Mayer
Kudos for Crocs!
Go into most US emergency rooms, and you'll find staff wear Crocs. Now their manufacturer has announced a program to donate 10,000 a day to healthcare workers fighting against the novel coronavirus.
But make no mistake about it, we will prevail, because the only thing more contagious than a virus is hope. - Ret. Admiral William McRaven
I'd Rather You Laugh Than Cry