Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has the votes to quash Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer’s (N.Y.) demands to require additional witnesses testify at the start of President Trump’s impeachment trial.
Two key moderate senators, Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), on Monday evening backed McConnell’s position...
A trial has witnesses, a coverup doesn't.
Just asked Mitt Romney if he has any concerns with McConnell coordinating with the WH on trial, and Romney said: “I’m sure the leader will provide impartial justice.” - Manu Raju, CNN
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Iran threatens to hit US bases with medium- and long-range missiles
- US forces on high alert for possible Iranian drone attacks
- Putin Visits Damascus For Talks With Syrian President Assad
- Rand Paul blasts Suleimani killing as a threat to national security: ‘There will be an escalation’
- Kevin McCarthy claims Trump killed Iranian general because Adam Schiff ‘spent the last year on impeachment’
- Trump Administration Blocks Iran’s Top Diplomat From Addressing the U.N. Security Council
- At least 50 killed in stampede at Iranian general's funeral, Tehran weighs response to U.S. attack
- Germany Withdraws Some Troops From Iraq
- Strongest earthquake yet hits Puerto Rico in weeklong string of tremors
Trump Unifies Wrong Nation - Andy Borowitz
How Does One Mistakenly Send A Letter to Iraq?
The Pentagon on Monday disputed that U.S. troops are preparing to withdraw from Iraq — after a leaked letter from a U.S. general suggested plans are underway to prepare troops to leave following the Iraqi Parliament's Sunday vote calling for their removal.
I realize that letters go out with typos sometimes and people make mistakes, but how do you mistakenly send a message to a foreign government that says we're pulling 5,200 troops out of your country? That is not believable. - Tommy Vietor
If Trump wants to destroy Iran he should just become their president. - irishrygirl
- McConnell prepares to move forward on impeachment trial rules without Democrats
- Trump claims Mark Zuckerberg congratulated him for being 'No. 1 on Facebook'
- John Bolton involved with shadowy data firm Cambridge Analytica
- Congressman defends posting fake Obama photo
- Virginia Beach declares itself 'Second Amendment Constitutional City' 7 months after mass shooting
- Palm Beach Atlantic University names first lady Melania Trump its 2020 Woman of Distinction
- Trump coming to Van Drew’s district for rally on Jan. 28
- Trump Is The Most Unpopular President Since Ford To Run For Reelection
- Nikki Haley Absurdly Claims The Only People in the World Mourning Soleimani's Death Are 'Democrat Leadership'
Nikki Haley is just Sarah Palin with a higher GPA. - The Hoarse Whisperer
Is This A Foot Shooting In Progress?
Former Rep. Chris Collins closed out his political career in late December by repaying himself $146,393.71 in leftover campaign funds – without reimbursing his donors for the $15,400 they gave to his campaign committee early last year when he said he was innocent of insider trading charges...Campaign finance experts said Collins' move is legal, but some question its wisdom – especially given that Collins is scheduled to face a federal judge in New York next week who will sentence him after his guilty plea to charges stemming from that insider trading case.
Rock The Voter News
- Democratic leaders urge Trump to declassify formal congressional notification of Iran strike
- Joe Biden Beats Democratic Primary Contenders in Head-to-Head with Donald Trump: Poll
- Bloomberg Backer Judge Judy Throws Shade at Joe Biden: 'Very Nice Man" BUT…'Wasn't Great' for 40 Years
- Hillary Clinton to attend Sundance for premiere of 'Hillary'
Pompeo continually and laughably lies to blame Obama for the consequences of Trump’s decisions and the press never follows up or pushes back. - Ben Rhodes
Michael Flynn Shoots Self in Foot
Federal prosecutors reversed course Tuesday and recommended President Donald Trump’s onetime national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, serve up to six months in prison for lying to the FBI.
The federal prosecutors, who had initially recommended Flynn be spared jail time, said in a newly filed sentencing memo that they have re-evaluated, citing “his apparent failure to accept responsibility, [and] his failure to complete his cooperation."
Hillary Clinton could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and do nothing, and they would say she put an $80 million bounty on Donald Trump’s head. - Andrea Junker
- Boeing settles with American Airlines to compensate for 737 Max losses
- Arrest warrant issued in Japan for Carlos Ghosn's wife
- Elon Musk celebrates new Shanghai car factory by dancing at opening
- First big drug busts of 2020 nab nearly one metric ton of cocaine off Costa Rican shores
Told my aunt Didi I was concerned about The Straits of Hormuz and she said to ‘hold my gay head high and ignore the bullies.’ :\ - Scott Linnen
Twitter Refuses to Bite the Hand That Feeds Them
Twitter has opted to leave Trump's tweets alone, finding that they are allowed under its rules. A Twitter spokesperson confirmed to The Hill it has determined that none of Trump's most controversial tweets this week violated Twitter policies
If your son or daughter was captured by Iranian commanders and they could only call Donald Trump or Nancy Pelosi, who would you want them to call? - Jordan Rachel
A Tip Jar!