Japan's foreign ministry is cautioning its citizens residing in the United States to be alert to "the potential for gunfire incidents" after a spate of mass shootings in recent days.
Representative Ted Yoho: You can get rid of the guns and we saw what happened in Japan. People used arson...Somebody else used a knife and they killed 3 people. Bad people are going to do bad things"
Jim Sciutto, CNN: "You can't kill 9 people in 40 seconds with a knife"
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Protests, no-shows, and a Baby Trump blimp greet the president in two grief-stricken cities
- On his way to commemorate shootings, Trump evokes his "both sides" defense of white supremacists
- Trump dismisses critics after shootings, says they're 'looking for political gain'
- Trump quietly used regulations to expand gun access
- Trump claims 'great appetite' for background checks as GOP looks elsewhere
- Trump: South Korea agreed to pay U.S. more to defend from North Korea
- China’s envoys try to rally Europe to Beijing’s side on Hong Kong protests
Weapons like the one I carried in Afghanistan have no place on our streets or in our schools—least of all in the hands of white nationalists. - Pete Buttigieg
Kim Jong Un Sends Trump Warning, Not a Love Letter
North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un says the country's latest missile launches were a warning to Washington and Seoul over their joint war games, state news agency KCNA reported on Wednesday, as tensions rise on the Korean peninsula.
“Well, Jesus Christ, of course he’s racist.” - Representative Beto O’Rourke
- 'Be quiet!': Trump mocks O'Rourke before traveling to El Paso
- Trump Weighs In On Controversial NYT Headline: ‘Almost Got a Good Headline from the Times!’
- Fox News’ Gutfeld: People Calling Fox News an ‘Engine of White Supremacy’ Are ‘Painting a Target on Us’
- Louie Gohmert: Charging El Paso Shooter for Hate Crime Will Be ‘Used to Lock Up Preachers Someday’
- Students for Trump founder pleads guilty to posing as lawyer in $46K scam
- Ivanka Trump's attempt to highlight gun violence in Chicago backfired when the city's mayor slammed her misleading tweets as 'nonsense'
- Mulvaney concedes wanting to wreck federal departments by arbitrarily moving them to different parts of the country
- Kellyanne Conway claims Trump ‘didn’t take the bait’ after he snaps at Beto to ‘be quiet’ about El Paso
- Minn. congressman accused of anti-Semitism
- Man Charged with Attacking Boy Who Was 'Disrespecting' National Anthem by Not Removing Hat
- McConnell's campaign decries protest outside his Kentucky home
Mitch McConnell is reported to have broken his shoulder. Rumor has it he tripped over that pesky old copy of the Constitution that he tossed aside years ago. - Barbara Boxer
WTF News: Texas Cops Leash Black Man
A Texas police chief has apologized for the actions of his officers after photos circulated widely on social media, showing two officers riding on horses while leading a handcuffed man down a street. The handcuffs were tied to a rope held by one of the officers (or, as a police statement puts it, “a line clipped to the handcuffs”).
I asked Trump whether he thinks his rhetoric contributes at all to violence. “No, I don’t think my rhetoric has at all," he said. "I think my rhetoric is a very - it brings people together. Our country is doing incredibly well.” - Jill Colvin, AP, tweet
Happy 75th birthday to Robert Mueller. If anyone this year has earned a quiet day of golf, he has. - Garrett M. Graff
Rock The Voter News
- El Paso and Dayton shootings: where Democratic candidates stand on guns
- Joaquin Castro doubles down amid backlash over tweeting names of Trump donors
- Marianne Williamson’s Obsessively-Covered Debate Performance Got Her to… 0% in the Polls
- Democratic candidates with the most (and least) Twitter followers
This Should Be Interesting
Peter Strzok, the former FBI agent who opened the bureau’s Russia probe in 2016 and later became a symbol of alleged “deep state” animus for Donald Trump, is suing the government over his firing...The former FBI agent who opened the bureau’s Russia probe says the government violated his First and Fifth Amendment rights.
Justin Kennedy signed off on Trump’s and Kushner’s loans at Deutsche Bank when no bank wanted to give them money. Justin‘s father is Justice Anthony Kennedy, who happened to retire abruptly to make way for Trump’s Brett Kavanaugh.
I want a damn explanation for that shady sh*t. - Andrea Junker
Tucker Carlson denies White Supremacy is a problem but on the bright side he also disproves the entire concept of White Supremacy every time he speaks. - John Fugelsang
- USA TODAY headquarters evacuated after police report man with a weapon at the building in suburban Washington, D.C.
- Bulletproof backpacks have become another back-to-school staple
- Immigration agents raid Mississippi food processing facilities
- 8chan owner says he has returned to the US following El Paso shooting
Anyone know who was confirmed to lead the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp, Dept of Labor agency, responsible for current & future pensions of millions of Americans?
Know who this is?
#MoscowMitch’s unqualified brother in law
You just can’t make this sh*t up. - JCrongeyer tweet
Trump Gives White Supremacists a High Five
Frank Figluizzi, an NBC News national security contributor, said during an appearance on MSNBC Tuesday night that President Trump erred in ordering flags to be flown at half mast because of the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, because of the importance of Aug. 8 to white supremacists.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. -Jimmy Dean
When you accidentally click “open in new window”
instead of “open in new tab”