After immigration authorities rounded up hundreds of workers in a massive sweep at seven Mississippi food processing plants, friends and family members are desperately searching for answers.
A crowd waited outside a plant in Morton, Mississippi, on Thursday morning, hoping authorities would release their loved ones. Many had been by later in the afternoon.
ATTENTION MISSISSIPPI BUBBAS: There are 680 job openings in food processing plants due to immigration raids. Put down your guns and fill out an application.
Hundreds of children in Mississippi lost their parents and family on THEIR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
They came home to empty houses with no parents.
It’s incredibly cruel and that’s the point. The cruelty is on purpose and it’s the f*cking point. - David Leavitt tweet
Watch these frightened children. They are so scared and now they are so scarred.
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- EXCLUSIVE: ICE agents try to raid Brooklyn homeless shelter without warrants, sources say
- Mother of El Paso shooter Patrick Crusius called police about son owning assault rifle: Lawyers
- TIME Magazine cover responds to mass shootings: 'Enough.'
- Hundreds of U.S. mayors push Senate to pass background check bills
- Detroit man dies after being deported to Iraq
- Top U.S. diplomat for Latin America resigns, officials say
- Saudi crown prince bragged that Jared Kushner gave him CIA intelligence about other Saudis saying 'here are your enemies'
Trump refused to allow press into Dayton Hospital.Then, out pops a political commercial of him smiling & taking selfies.He appears to be celebrating his involvement in a mass shooting. We paid for it all. - Woman in the Moon tweet
Trump NEEDS To Be The Center of Attention
Jetting to the scene of a second massacre, Trump lashed out. Instead of imparting the sympathetic grief that his tour of killing zones was meant to illustrate, it was he who appeared aggrieved. And instead of highlighting his interactions with the shootings' victims, it was his own perceived victimhood — at the hands of Democrats and the media — that he thrust upon two stricken communities.
As a nurse I have one thing to say to the healthcare personnel smiling and posing with the President: SHAME ON YOU.You are laughing and taking selfies with a man complicit in landing your patients in the hospital. I've never been so ashamed of my fellow nurses. - Sophie Rapp tweet
The Carnage Continues. This Time With A Knife.
A man has been taken into custody after going on a stabbing spree in Orange County, California, killing 4 people and wounding 2 others.
When we look back at this time in history where our government allowed hundreds of kids to be slaughtered in public spaces and schools, we will have the Republicans to thank. The republicans who valued NRA money over the lives of all Americans. - Chelsea Handler
- Rosenstein: Trump should focus on preventing people from 'becoming violent white supremacists'
- Kellyanne Conway Claims Trump Created Concept of Red Flag Laws (Which Already Exist in 17 States)
- Anti-Muslim Trump Supporter Confronts Maggie Haberman Over New York Times Headline in Secretly Recorded Call
- Attorney invokes Trump rhetoric after man charged with assaulting teen over national anthem
- New Jeffrey Epstein accuser goes public; defamation lawsuit targets Dershowitz
- Orange County now has more registered Democrats than Republicans
- House Retirement Tracker: GOP Exits Mount, Hurting Chances To Flip Control
- Chef José Andrés calls out Hudson Yards landlord for hosting Trump fundraiser
We need to start naming guns after women, that way Republicans will try and regulate them. - Chelsea Handler
El Paso Survivors Stiffed Trump
A spokesperson for University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, said none of the eight patients currently being treated for injuries from last weekend’s mass shooting agreed to meet with President Trump during his visit Wednesday.
I don’t know guys, I am just having a hard time being funny lately. I hate to let people down. Is this what Mike Huckabee feels like every day? - Bette Midler
Another Stabbing, The Choice of the Poor Racist Who Can't Afford an AK47
One woman was killed and another was wounded in a stabbing in downtown Pittsburgh on Thursday, according to multiple reports...The first woman was taken to the hospital and later died, while the second woman — who was said to be wearing a hijab — sustained minor injuries
Rock The Voter News
- 'No moral leadership': Biden assails Trump in blistering speech
- Bernie Sanders says he'll tell us if aliens exist if elected president
- Kamala Harris hits the airwaves in Iowa
- Hillary wades into impeachment in Watergate interview
- 'Green shirt guy' goes viral over reaction to 'sanctuary city' heckler
Trump Demands Facebook Investigate Why Obama’s Post Got So Many Likes. - Andy Borowitz
It's About Time Politicians Paid Attention To The Only Non-Immigrants In The USA
Presidential campaigns usually ignore Native Americans and their unique position and struggles. The 2020 race might be different. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, two of the campaign’s biggest names, will attend the first-ever presidential forum devoted to the issues on Aug. 19 and 20.
Four Directions, a Native American voting rights group, is sponsoring the forum, which will be in Sioux City, Iowa. The other Democratic candidates who plan to attend are Julián Castro, Amy Klobuchar, John Delaney, Marianne Williamson and Steve Bullock.
I am so f*cking sick of these hostage videos where Trump reads off a TelePrompTer and briefly simulates empathy and decency as if reciting a foreign language against his will. - Andy Borowitz
- UPDATED: USA Today HQ Evacuated for ‘Mistaken’ Report of ‘Man With Weapon’
- NRSC halts Twitter spending after McConnell account locked
- U.S. Soccer hires lobbyists to argue women’s national team isn’t underpaid
- Judge greenlights libel suit against NPR over Seth Rich reports
Trump Accuses Google Of Spreading Facts About Him. - Andy Borowitz
When you accidentally washed your MAGA hat with your sheets
DT Rescues Child.
Not Donald Trump but Danny Trejo!
The veteran actor, known for roles in films like Heat and Machete, was in the Sylmar neighborhood of Los Angeles on Thursday when two cars collided at the intersection of Hubbard Street and Jackman Avenue. One of the cars was overturned as a result of the collision and Trejo, and a fellow bystander, jumped into action -- rescuing a child trapped inside, according to ABC7 Eyewitness News.
I loved Danny Trejo in In The Blood. This action movie is about true love and what happens when you mess with the wrong woman on her honeymoon. Increiblemente bonito.
Reminder: Danny Trejo is 75 and out here rescuing children from overturned cars. Heroism is ageless, timeless, and packs some badass tattoos. - LaToya Morgan
Help I'm Falling!