Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, two longtime allies, are clashing over whether to begin an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump — a sign of how toxic the split over Trump has become for House Democrats.
Trump offers Pelosi $130,000 to keep quiet. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- McConnell Is Blocking Any Plan to Prevent a Russian Election Attack in 2020
- Russia drops charges against investigative reporter after backlash
- US formally requests extradition of Julian Assange
- Trump says he received a letter from North Korea's Kim
- Helicopter pilot who crashed on NYC skyscraper shouldn't have been in air: FAA
So here’s the new normal: If you get caught doing bad shit, just yell “FAKE NEWS!” and move on. - Stephen King tweet
Trump Waves Piece of Paper Claiming It's the Secret Trade Deal With Mexico
President Trump unveils what he says is the first page of his trade deal with Mexico. Trump claims that while he is in control of when it would go into effect, he will let Mexico decide when to announce the deal.
Mexico Agrees to Pay for Trump's Psychiatric Care. - Andy Borowitz
- McConnell softens his tariff criticisms: 'You have to give the president credit — it worked'
- Trash-talking Trump aims to weaponize impeachment
- Trump on impeachment and Nixon: ‘He left. I don’t leave.’
- Republicans attack Watergate's John Dean in messy partisan hearing
- John Dean: I'm honored to be on Trump's enemies list
- Key Republican pushes $17B defense funding bump for 'core military needs'
- House Republicans buried in ridicule for trying to stop Dems from calling Trump a ‘con man’
- Trump told aides to deny internal polling showed him trailing Biden
- Sarah Sanders doesn't deny Donald Trump told aides to lie about him trailing Joe Biden in an internal poll
- Rainbow flag ban: Vice President Mike Pence defends decision
Nixon Furious At John Dean For Comparing Him To Trump - Andy Borowitz
I try not to be pessimistic about everything and then I remember we live in a world where Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs are Presidential influencers. - Schooley tweet
Sam Donaldson Takes Swipe At Sarah Sanders
Former ABC News anchor Sam Donaldson took aim at White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Friday, arguing that she is frequently dishonest with reporters while taking questions from the press.
In an interview with CNN, Donaldson quipped that Sanders's falsehoods earned her a "lifetime achievement Oscar for lying."
Medgar Evers, World War II veteran and NAACP field secretary in Mississippi, was murdered outside his home, hours after the civil rights speech JFK gave tonight in 1963.
So now the Trump crime family is robbing the country blind, Barr is defying subpoenas left and right, Rudy is inviting Ukraine to meddle in 2020 and Senator and Mrs. Turtlef*ck are openly peddling influence, so yes please more stories on how much money Liz Warren made as a lawyer. - Jeff Tiedrich
Rock The Voter News
- Senator Warren urges antitrust chief to recuse himself from Google/Apple probes
- Nancy Pelosi on Trump insults: 'I'm done with him'
- Gillibrand compares limiting abortion rights to racism
- Biden now labeling China a 'serious challenge' to US
- Jon Stewart blasts congress on 9/11 first responders' fund in Judiciary hearing
Before we carry Jon Stewart around the Intertoobz on our shoulders, we should remind him that “Congress” isn’t holding up the renewal of the 9/11 bill. Republicans are. - Charles P. Pierce tweet
Alabama Institutes Chemical Castration For Sex Crimes Against Minors. Hey Roy Moore, Are You Nervous?
A controversial chemical castration law has been signed by Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey in an attempt by the state to reduce the number of sex crimes against minors.
“This bill is a step toward protecting children in Alabama,” Ivey said in a statement to CNN. The new law dictates that individuals convicted of sex crimes involving minors under the age of 13 must begin the process of chemical castration the month prior to being released from custody. Although offenders must pay for their own chemical castration, but they cannot be denied parole for their inability to afford the procedure.
“The Vatican rejects notions that gender identity can be fluid,” said a bunch of guys in flowing gowns. - George Takei
- Wall St pretending Trump is ‘crazy but harmless’ will come back to bite them on the butt: Paul Krugman
- ‘Shameless grifter’ Mitch McConnell and wife scorched by conservative for quietly doling out taxpayer dollars to their Kentucky pals
- Bill Maher on CNN: ‘Terrible Candidate’ Hillary Clinton ‘Committed Obstruction of Justice’ By ‘Smashing Up’ Phones and Hard Drives
- Tourist cost to visit International Space Station with SpaceX is $52M
America 2019, where "child lunch debt" is a real thing and fully-employed workers live in their cars and dying cancer patients beg on the internet for strangers to pay for their medication so yeah, I'd say that late-stage capitalism is working out just aces for everyone. - Jeff Tiedrich
Trump Proposes Kicking People When They're Down. What A Guy!
If you're poor or low-income in the U.S. and take advantage of government safety net programs, you could be affected by a number of new rules and actions proposed by the Trump administration. Most of the changes are still pending, and anti-poverty groups are trying to stop them from going into effect. Some of the proposals already face legal challenges.
Should I get the new Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPad Pro, or just see how my kids are doing? - Conan O'Brien
FYI: My drainage system is working as intended
after several downpours.