The White House has let a 10-day shipping waiver expire for Puerto Rico, meaning foreign ships can no longer bring aid to the hurricane-ravaged island from U.S. ports.
A spokesperson for the Department of Homeland Security confirmed on Monday that the Jones Act waiver, which expired on Sunday, will not be extended.
California on fire.
Puerto Rico in crisis.
4 soldiers killed.
Nazis marched again.
Trump attacks Dems, Jemele Hill, NFL, praises himself.- Ricky Davila
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Bob Corker Says Trump's Recklessness Threatens 'World War III'
- Jimmy Carter offers to hold peace talks with Kim Jong Un
- North Korean hackers stole US and South Korean wartime plans, Seoul lawmaker says
- Trump may visit DMZ during South Korea trip: report
- Wolf Blitzer: ‘All 52 GOP senators’ are refusing interviews amid Trump feuds with Corker and North Korea
- Russia says U.S. "pretending" to fight ISIS in Iraq, letting jihadis flow into Syria
- Nobel Peace Prize winners pressure world powers to ban nuclear weapons
- Images show how wildfires are ravaging Northern California's wine country
- Puerto Rico’s Health Care Is in Dire Condition, Three Weeks After Maria
Pathological liar,moron,mentally ill. It is time for GOP to say publicly what they say in private. Can't have incompetent fool causing WW111. - Rob Reiner
Trump Continues To Intimidate Rex Tillerson
President Trump in a new interview offered to compare IQ tests with Rex Tillerson after reports that the secretary of State had called him a "moron."
Subject: Trump vs. Tillerson
Donald Trump has his knickers in a twist over Rex Tillerson’s calling him a “fcking moron.” But I think Tillerson actually paid Trump a great compliment and Trump just doesn’t realize it.
Recall that a “moron” has an IQ between 51 and 70. The IQ of an “imbecile” runs between 26 and 50. An “idiot’s” IQ is 25 or below. The intensifier “fcking” suggests an IQ that’s relatively low within its range.
Also recall that IQ is defined as Mental Age / Chronological Age X 100. Thus, a 12-year-old with a Mental Age of 12 has a 100 IQ.
Donald Trump’s Chronological Age is 71 years. But his Mental Age is clearly no higher than 11 years. That gives him an IQ of (11 / 71 X 100) = 15.5. He is solidly within the “idiot” range.
For Trump to qualify as a “fcking moron,” he would have to have a Mental Age of at least 37 years. But Trump has not shown himself to be that mature since he was, well, probably 37. Maybe it’s no accident that the Founders set 35 as the minimum age to be president.
So Tillerson, while he was maybe trying to be complimentary, was wrong. Donald Trump is not a “fcking moron”; he is a “fcking idiot.”
Of course, there is always the Dunning-Krueger effect, where the subject is too stupid to understand how stupid he is. That could apply to anyone with an IQ below 70. It definitely applies to Trump and many of his supporters.
So let’s all hang in there. With only 3 years and 3 months to go, we will get through this. Unless we don’t.
Thanks for writing, Rick.
Trump's grasp of spatial awareness is so impressive. "This is an island, surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”
Only 3 years and 3 months? Just shoot me after I have a cup of covfefe.
- Trump: NYT 'set Liddle' Bob Corker up by recording his conversation'
- Mike Ditka on NFL protests: 'No oppression in the last 100 years that I know of'
- Trump hits Democrats on border security: They ‘don’t care about safety for U.S.A.’
- Religious right notches gains under Trump
- Tim Murphy's abortion scandal was just the tipping point. Former aides say abuse inside his office was rampant.
- In Light of Harvey Weinstein, Here’s the List of Trump’s Accusers Who He Promised to Sue
- Trump expected to sign executive order that could undermine ObamaCare
- Donald Trump really, really likes when people clap for him
- Secretary of State hopeful John Bolton caught walking into White House as Trump meets with Tillerson
- Poll: Trump approval rating falls in every state
Melania Trump has accused her husband’s first wife, Ivana Trump, of “attention-seeking and self-serving noise” after the first Mrs Trump joked that she was first lady.
On a tour to promote her new book, Raising Trump, about raising Donald Trump’s three eldest children, Ivana said she still spoke to her ex-husband about once every 14 days on a “direct number to the White House”.
She told ABC News she was reluctant to call the president too often “because Melania is there, and I don’t want to cause any kind of jealousy
Ivana Trump says Donald would not be the person he is without her and that she raised Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric.
I wouldn't brag about that. - Melissa McEwan
Monday Night Football Ratings Are Up
...Not only have fans not stopped going to games, but they're watching on TV more than they did last year. Despite Trump's claim that TV ratings are down, the overall figures for the past two weeks say the opposite. Week 3 ratings were up 3% across all games from 2016, including a spike of 63% in the rating for Monday Night Football, the league announced last week. Overall, viewership for Monday Night Football is averaging 11.9 million through the first four weeks, a 5% increase from last year.
GOP: NO ABORTION!
Us: Yikes ok then birth control?
Us: Wait so maternity care?
GOP: LOL F_CK U!
GOP: ASSAULT RIFLES
- Bess Kalb
My Weather Update:
The province that I live in, Guanacaste, is still under a red alert. We are being told to stock up on water, batteries and food as increased rain will begin on Friday and last through the weekend. 😬 The road still needs repair but at least it is navigable. Tomorrow morning I will go on a supply run.
Donald Trump's week:
- Challenged his Secretary of State to an IQ test
- Blew his VP's walkout stunt by bragging about it
- Misspelled "little"
- Got called a demented toddler by a Senator from his own party
- Tweeted "we have just begun" and then deleted it
- It's only Tuesday.
Rock The Voter News
- Clinton breaks silence on Harvey Weinstein allegations: This behavior "cannot be tolerated"
- George Clooney on Harvey Weinstein: "It’s indefensible. That’s the only word you can start with."
- Malia Obama Interned for Harvey Weinstein's Company Months Before Sexual Harassment Scandal Broke
- Threats to kill Obama net local man five years of prison
Cool, now everyone begging Hillary to speak out can go back to telling her to shut up!- Molly
NFL May Require Players To Stand During Anthem
NFL owners will reportedly consider a rule change at a meeting next week that would require players to stand for the national anthem at football games.
An NFL spokesman said Tuesday that owners will have a chance to review the current policy, which encourages players to stand for the anthem but doesn't make it mandatory.
"I can't believe one entire political party has sold itself to the gun lobby..."...Neither can we, Hillary, neither can we.- Bette Midler
- Wal-Mart sees 40 percent online sales growth next year, shares jump
- Trump questions tax breaks for NFL: ‘Change tax law’
- Southwest Airlines will sell you select round-trip tickets for less than $100 for the next 72 hours
- Nobel Economist Thaler Says He's Nervous About Stock Market
Miramax removing Harvey Weinstein’s credits from every film; really taking women’s complaints seriously now that the whole world found out! - Bette Midler
Media Pointing Fingers At Late Night TV
Late night TV is taking heat from social media and news outlets for its failure thus far to address the sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein...
5 years ago, I was shot in an attempt to stop me from speaking out for girls' education. Today, I attend my first lectures at Oxford. - Malala