Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday named retired Lt. General Russel Honoré to head up an immediate review of last week’s domestic terrorist attack on the Capitol that will focus on “security infrastructure, interagency processes and procedures, and command and control.”
Forget metal detectors - make members of Congress pass a spelling test before they can enter. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- FBI Director Chris Wray Breaks Silence: We’ve Identified Over 200 Suspected Capitol Rioters, Arrested Over 100
- Suspected Capitol Rioter Rages 'Death Is the Only Remedy for What's In That Building!' In Chilling Video
- 'We Got One! Kill Him With His Own Gun!': One DC Policeman Shares His Harrowing, Near-Death Encounter with Pro-Trump Mob
- House Democrat Says FBI is Investigating Whether Members of Congress Helped Capitol 'Terrorists'
- Pence Was ‘Seconds’ Away From Being Spotted by Capitol Mob
Nobody bludgeoned a cop after the email lady lost, just saying. - Jeff Tiedrich
Capitol rioters included highly trained ex-military and cops. An AP review of public records, social media and videos shows at least 21 current or former U.S. military or law enforcement members have been identified as being at or near the riot.
I don’t want to upset my never-Trump friends, but plenty of us saw this crazy coming with the Tea Party movement. - Jane Kayley tweet
Yep, I saw what the "Tea Party" was back in 2010
Trump’s coup attempt was the Trump University of coup attempts. - Andy Borowitz
- Lawyer for ‘QAnon Shaman’ Compares Trump to Cult Leader Jim Jones, Begs For Pardon in Trainwreck CNN Interview
- Taxpayer Money Flushed Away as Ivanka and Jared Refused To Let Secret Service Use Their Bathrooms
- Tucker Carlson Attacks 'Vacuous Little Totalitarian Moron' AOC, Mocks Her Fears During Deadly Capitol Assault
- With Real Lawyers Steering Clear, Trump May Have to Settle For Rep. Jim Jordan as Impeachment ‘Attorney’
- Already shunned from polite society, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner face new cold post-insurrection reality
- Former Mike Pence Director of Communications Charged with Lying Under Oath in Flint Water Crisis
- Murkowski says it would be 'appropriate' to bar Trump from holding office again
- Trump tells aides to never mention Nixon after comparisons
Matt Gaetz Forced To Host Hundreds Of White Nationalists After Airbnb Pulls D.C. Listings. - The Onion
Hell, Yeah, There Needs To Be A Probe Into Why Rep. Boebert Tweeted Pelosi's Location During The Riot.
Some Colorado officials have sent a letter to congressional leadership requesting a probe into Rep. Lauren Boebert’s (R-Colo.) actions leading up to and on the day of the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, according to multiple reports.
“This impeachment gives me one last chance to salvage my reputation!” shouts Rudy Giuliani, as he ladles baked beans into his briefcase. - Conan O'Brien
No Trump Staffers Spotted Stealing Books From White House. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Biden Calls Vaccine Rollout a ‘Dismal Failure’ So Far, Promises 100 Million Shots In His First 100 Days
- Biden launches new Twitter account ahead of inauguration
- Democrats looking to speed through Senate impeachment trial
Maybe it’s greedy of me but I’m already looking forward to Trump’s third impeachment. - Andy Borowitz
This Brave Man Saved An Unknown Amount Of Lives
US Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman has been hailed as an American hero for leading a growing mob away from the Senate chambers during last week's attack on the Capitol.
Now, a bipartisan trio of lawmakers wants to recognize Goodman with a Congressional Gold Medal for potentially saving lives on one of the darkest days in US history.
Pew poll: Trump is leaving the White House with the lowest job approval of his presidency, 29%.
- December retail sales drop in latest sign of weakening economy
- Palm Beach County seeks way to end lease with Trump golf course
- Trump administration staffers are getting snubbed while hunting for jobs
- Kentucky nurse loses job after entering Capitol during riot
Deutsche Bank Begins Removing Possessions From White House After Trump Defaults On Loan. - The Onion
Hey, President-elect Biden, Don't Forget To Disinfect Air Force One!
President Trump plans to leave the White House on the morning of Jan. 20 and will hold a goodbye event at Joint Base Andrews, Reuters has reported. Trump has said he won’t be attending Biden’s inauguration that day, making him the fifth president to miss their successor’s swearing-in ceremony. His goal is to leave Washington while he is still president and before President-elect Biden is sworn in—he reportedly doesn’t want to wait until after, which could require him to ask Biden to borrow Air Force One.
Very rarely do you get to witness the complete destruction of someone who truly deserves it. woo hoo HAPPY LAST FRIDAY OF THIS NIGHTMARE. - Sarah Cooper
Peace and puppies.