Even with the sports world turned upside down by wildcat strikes across the NBA, WNBA, MLS and MLB Wednesday, the third night of the Republican National Convention failed to draw impressive ratings.
About 15.7 million people tuned in to the 10 p.m. block Wednesday night, when Vice President Mike Pence delivered the keynote speech, approximately four million fewer than the night before, when first lady Melania Trump was at bat, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings of six networks
Pence Tells RNC That He Has Accepted Trump As His Personal Savior. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Alleged 'Boogaloo' extremist charged in killing of federal officer during George Floyd protest
- Kenosha police chief says 3 people wouldn't have been shot during protests if they weren't illegally out past curfew
- Authorities finally give their first version of the police shooting of Jacob Blake, three days later
- Kyle Rittenhouse was trying to ‘maintain order,’ Tucker Carlson says
- Pelosi questions level of Trump 'responsibility' after 'brazen' shooting of Wisconsin protesters
- 'She Needs to Get Off Twitter and Fox News': Seattle Mayor Fires Back at SD GOP Gov's Claim Democratic-Run Cities Are Being 'Overrun by Violent Mobs'
- Trevor Noah Faults Kenosha Police For Treating a Shooter Better Than Jacob Blake: For Some 'Black Skin Is the Most Threatening Weapon Of All'
- Anti-Mask Protester Ammon Bundy, Who Tied Himself to Office Chair, Arrested and Wheeled Out of Idaho Capitol
- University of Alabama to Profs: Don't Tell Students About COVID-Infected Classmates
- Fauci says he was in surgery when task force discussed CDC testing guidelines
- CDC director walks back change in coronavirus testing guidelines
Is there any doubt that if a 17-year old black kid with a semi-automatic rifle shot someone in the head and killed them that he would have been shot by police? - Stan Van Gundy
Missouri Lawmakers Gone Wild! Guns For Kids?
Missouri lawmakers advanced a bill Monday that would legally allow people to give firearms to children without their parents’ permission after the governor had initially sought to increase the penalty for the crime.
“Recklessly” giving guns to minors without parents’ permission is currently a misdemeanor offense under Missouri law. But the state House in a voice vote Monday advanced a bill that would ax the crime.
Pro-Life Republican is a myth. They are nothing more than Pro-Birth. Pro-Life Republicanism is Pro-Enslavement of women nothing more.As you sit there and snicker understand you’re next. - Darin Larson tweet
- Lincoln Project Republican says polls undercount Trump support
- DHS employees receive Hatch Act warning after acting secretary's RNC appearance
- Kellyanne Conway Takes Parting Shots at 'Snarking and Barking' Never Trumpers: 'Their Candidates Didn't Win'
- Mike Pence has been uninvited from making a commencement speech at Wisconsin College
- Judge blocks DeVos plan to send more pandemic relief to private school students
- Ivanka Trump promised to get in touch with homeless DC woman after viral video — and then blew her off: report
- Republican has no regrets about promoting conspiracy theory about reptile-human hybrids harvesting children
- NY Attorney General Letitia James wants Eric Trump's testimony
More Americans have died from Covid in the first two days of the RNC than died on 9/11. - Kurt Eichenwald
Any Bets On Who Gets The Virus First, Trump or Pence?
Vice President Mike Pence, the White House’s coronavirus point person, offered some of the most pointed comments of the Republican National Convention on the outbreak, vowing on Wednesday night that the U.S. would develop a successful vaccine before the end of the year.
But just moments after presenting himself as a reassuring authority on the raging virus, the maskless vice president, along with President Donald Trump, walked over to greet the mostly mask-free members of the audience, who crowded close to each other on the grounds of Fort McHenry in Baltimore.
Pence says everything Trump says, only backwards and in high heels. - Michael McKean
" [Trump] has to be the bride at every funeral and the corpse at every wedding." - Phillip Wylie
Rock The Voter News
- Nearly 200 Ex-George W. Bush, Mitt Romney, John McCain Staffers Endorse Joe Biden
- Biden Dismisses Pelosi Suggestion to Skip Debates, Pledges 'I Will Be a Fact-Checker on the Floor' While Debating Trump
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris say they spoke to Jacob Blake's family
Insecure, Frustrated Bully With Something To Prove Considering Career In Law Enforcement. - The Onion
I Wonder If Jared Has A Russian Mistress?
More than a dozen Trump administration officials, current and former, described a clandestine relationship between Jared Kushner and the CEO of a Kremlin sovereign wealth fund.
The way mainstream conservatives are glorifying the mass shooter, calling him their “president” and saying his follow up shots were in self defense, is beyond sickening. This country has hit the point of no return. - Jesse McLaren
- Turmoil consumes Chamber of Commerce as it backs Democrats
- Unemployment claims fell slightly to 1 million last week
- Jeff Bezos is now worth a whopping $200 billion
- Kushner: NBA players are 'fortunate' to have wealth to take night off
Mark Zuckerberg Announces Virtual Roundtable With American Hate Groups To Better Understand How They Work. - The Onion
This Should Be Interesting
Walmart said it’s teaming up with Microsoft in a bid for TikTok.
The retail giant confirmed to CNBC that it’s interested in buying the tech company.
Walmart shares are up more than 5% on the news.
Scientists Confirm Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Spread Covid After Discovering Virus Particles With Matching Tattoos. - The Onion
Behold, A Tip Jar!