The congressional underclass erupts in fury after Gohmert gets Covid-19
The revelation Wednesday that Texas Republican Louie Gohmert, a renegade lawmaker known for stalking the halls of Congress without a mask, tested positive for Covid-19 has unleashed a fusillade of anger on Capitol Hill — a sudden release of built-up tension over how the institution has dealt with the coronavirus pandemic within the confines of its own workplace.
If you are refusing to wear a mask due to concern your brain won’t get enough oxygen, I’m here to tell you; that ship has already sailed. - YS tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump: Feds won't leave Portland until governor clamps down on protesters
- Columbia Doc Predicts Up to 800,000 US Virus Deaths in 2020, Blames 'Extraordinarily Irresponsible' Trump for Politicizing Masks
- Fmr CDC Official Criticizes Trump TX Event Over Lack of Social Distancing, Masks: 'Depressing, Distressing, and... Dumb'
- Birx recommends face shields in addition to masks
- Mike Pompeo Grilled About Russian Bounties, Says He's Raised 'All Threats' with Russian Counterpart
- China: US politicians stoking 'new Cold War' ahead of election
The USA is experiencing 1 Covid death per minute. That's about 500 deaths during each round of golf Trump plays. - Frank Schaeffer
Trump May Delay The Election. Probably Accompanied By A Nuke Strike.
President Donald Trump explicitly floated delaying November's presidential election on Thursday, lending extraordinary voice to persistent concerns that he will seek to circumvent voting in a contest where he currently trails his opponent by double digits.
Sen. Lamar Alexander (R) reminds reporters Pelosi would become president if the election were delayed past Jan. 20, when prez terms expire: "if we were to delay the election past January 20, the President would be the Speaker of the House. So I wonder if anyone's thought about that." - Kaitlan Collins, CNN tweet
Opens the news. GDP DOWN 33 PERCENT. TRUMP FLOATS DELAYING THE ELECTION. THAT TULSA RALLY ACTUALLY KILLED HERMAN CAIN. Closes the news. - Jon Lovett
- Fox News host speculates Trump ‘won’t leave the White House’ if he loses: ‘Is he setting up something?’
- McConnell rebuffs Trump suggestion, says election will be held 'on time'
- House GOP pushes back at Trump on changing election date
- CNN's Berman Derides Louie Gohmert's Coronavirus Diagnosis: 'Speaks Volumes' After He 'Proudly' Defied Science, Mask-Wearing
- Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis
- Appeals court will rehear case over Flynn charges
- Ivanka ridiculed for participating in empowerment challenge
- Pence campaign bus involved in minor accident in PA
In the midst of a civil war, one that for Americans was the deadliest armed conflict in history, 150,000 Union soldiers voted by mail in 1864. Their votes helped ensure the re-election of President Abraham Lincoln, the preservation of the nation, and the end of slavery. - George Conway tweet
Trump Must Be A Masochist, Because He's Gonna Get Booed Bigtime.
President Donald Trump is likely to be the only world leader speaking live from New York at this year’s United Nations General Assembly debate, scheduled to take place Sept. 22 to 25.
Kelly Craft, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N., told a virtual event Thursday morning that Trump would be “the only world leader to be speaking in person,” noting that “this is the 75th anniversary (of the U.N.), so it makes it even more special.”
Turns out the walls that we'll remember from the Trump years are the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Vets. My eyes brim with tears as I see the images.
America is there, behind the tear gas, the lies, the pandemic death wrought by incompetence. America is there, standing strong. - George Takei
If Trump loses, he’s gonna be the first president to have to be evicted. Whew chile, the ghetto. - Jemele Hill tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Obama delivers eulogy for civil rights icon John Lewis
- Biden slams Trump for promoting false COVID-19 claims from 'crazy woman’
- Rev. Sharpton Rips Trump for 'Despicable' Segregationist Messaging While 'We're Mourning John Lewis'
- Poll: 70 percent of Americans support voting by mail
Watching the John Lewis funeral, I see love in the pews and at the pulpit. I see empathy, decency, and justice. I see the power of “good trouble.” This is ALSO our America. Let us not forget it or forsake it. - Dan Rather
I'm Not Crying. You Are. OK, I Am.
Rep. John Lewis spent one last night in D.C. Tuesday before being taken to Georgia for his burial. As the "conscience of Congress" laid in state on the steps of the Capitol for one final night, a double rainbow appeared above the dome.
It's incredible to be reminded of a President that can speak in public for 30 minutes without saying some insane sh-t like suggesting we inject lysol or smoke hydroxychloroquine. - DKnight10000 tweet
- U.S. GDP Suffers Worst Recorded Drop In American History
- ‘A meaningful hit to the economy’: What could happen if Congress cuts unemployment benefits
- Kellogg expects higher profits with more people eating cereal at home during pandemic
- Mortgage Rates Drop Below 3% for Only the Second Time Ever
- Sales of Dawn and Bounty paper towels are surging
The GDP looks like Putin had it pushed out of a high rise window. - DKnight10000 tweet
Republicans Delay Stimulus Payments To Suffering Americans
White House chief of staff Mark Meadows cast doubt on the possibility of a stimulus package, saying, "I'm not optimistic we'll reach any kind of comprehensive deal."
Seeing and hearing three Presidents honor an American saint seems to make us all feel a little better for a few moments...about all of it. - Craig Melvin