Extraordinary scenes have unfolded in Washington after Donald Trump declared there would be a military crackdown on protests stemming from the George Floyd killing. Crowds were cleared from around the White House with teargas, rubber bullets and flash-grenades so that Trump could make an excursion on foot from the White House to the damaged “Church of the Presidents” and pose for photos while waving a Bible around.
The President held up a bible at St. John’s church yesterday. If he opened it instead of brandishing it, he could have learned something:
That we are all called to love one another as we love ourselves.
That’s hard work. But it’s the work of America. - Joe Biden
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- AG Barr Directs Riot Teams To Washington, DC, And Miami
- Military helicopters used to disperse DC protesters
- Trump Responds to Looting in New York By Attacking Governor Cuomo and Mocking Chris Cuomo's Ratings
- Police chief to Trump: Please, keep your mouth shut if you can't be constructive
- A protester asked the Tennessee National Guard to lay down their riot shields. They did
- Louisville cop in fatal shooting of David McAtee had mocked protester on Facebook
- 6 Atlanta Officers Charged After Students Pulled From Car
- Russian coronavirus app fines infected patients who have left their homes
i need to see a birth certificate to be sure Donald Trump was born and not summoned. - ziwe tweet
A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of "Antifa" was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.
The Bible isn't a prop.
It's a f-cking hammer that Christian Conservatives use to beat the rest of us. - Stonekettle
From Holy Ground to Holey Ground
Rev. Gini Gerbasi said that she, along with the church's seminarian, were forcibly removed from the patio of St. John's Episcopal Church less than an hour before President Trump arrived to take pictures while holding a Bible.
“The patio of St. John's, Lafayette square had been HOLY GROUND today. A place of respite and laughter and water and granola bars and fruit snacks. But that man turned it into a BATTLE GROUND first, and a cheap political stunt second.”
- Here Are Some of the Republican Senators Twisting Themselves in Knots to Avoid Comment on Trump's Bible Stunt
- Kellyanne Conway Slams Bishop Who Objected to Trump Stunt at Her Church: 'That is Not Her Church. That is Not Her Bible'
- ‘Outraged’: Trump faces condemnation for clearing protesters, threatening military force
- Obituary for a racist symbol: Birmingham takes down Confederate monument after 115 years
- Tiger Woods calls for 'honest conversations' not 'burning' neighborhoods in protests
- 'I Have No Words': Fox Contributor Shocked By Trump's Church Photo Op
- Laura Ingraham Accuses Some Media Figures of ‘Taking Sides With Anarchists’: 'Willing to Have the Country Burn' Over Trump Hatred
So can we all admit Colin Kaepernick was right? - Marlon Weems
No Hope In This Hick
According to reports from both the New York Times and the Daily Mail, Hope Hicks, who now serves as counselor to the president, was the brains behind having Donald Trump leisurely stroll from the White House over to St. John’s church for a photo-op that has turned into a public relations disaster for the administration.
Cops are straight up like, we’ll f-cking kill you if you keep saying that we kill people. - Diego Lopez
Eric Trump Released After Being Accidentally Locked In Bunker All Weekend. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Joe Biden Addresses Protests in Philadelphia Speech
- Pelosi, holding a Bible, urges Trump to help the country heal
- Mass upheaval and pandemic spell trouble for a megaday of primaries
Australian News Crew Attacked By U.S. Police
The Australian government has asked its embassy in Washington to investigate an incident of violence against an Australian news crew by U.S. law enforcement that transpired during efforts to disperse peaceful protesters and enable President Donald Trump’s photo opportunity in front of a church near the White House.
Study: Many of Nation’s Problems Could Be Solved by Having a President. - Andy Borowitz
Remember when Jesus cleared the Mount with tear gas so he could give his Sermon in it? - Middle Age Riot
- Jim Cramer on Wall Street's relation to George Floyd protests: 'The market has no conscience'
- Exclusive: U.S. small business program handed out virus aid to many borrowers twice
- JCPenney, Tuesday Morning, Pier 1 going-out-of-business liquidation sales different because of COVID-19
- Black leader ‘stunned’ after phone call with Facebook’s Zuckerberg: He ‘lacks the ability to understand’ race issues
Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald Trump. - Ben Wexler
Mon Dieu pas Poutine
Canada does not support Russia’s return to the Group of Seven, proposed by U.S. President Donald Trump over the weekend, because Moscow continues to flout international law, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Monday.
Iraq Offers To Send Peacekeeping Troops To U.S. - Andy Borowitz