Fact Check: Trump claims coronavirus tests are widely available. They are not
President Donald Trump said there are plenty of coronavirus tests available, but many governors said they're running short even as states begin to lift their stay-at-home orders.
"This is probably the number one problem in America, and has been from the beginning of this crisis, the lack of testing," Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican and the chairman of the National Governors Association, said on CNN Sunday.
Some time in the next week the US will pass an arbitrary but still meaningful number: 58,000 dead, the number of servicemen lost in the Vietnam War over the course of a decade. But this time, in 5-6 weeks. The administration doesn’t grasp the historic meaning of it all. - Joshua Zeitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- 25,000 missing deaths: True toll of the coronavirus crisis
- Vaccine expert removed from federal post after daring to criticize coronavirus treatment pushed by Trump: report
- CDC Director Warns Second Wave of Coronavirus in Winter Could Be Worse
- Coronavirus Panel Recommends Against Use Of Hydroxychloroquine And Azithromycin
- Costa Rican health authorities said hydroxychloroquine "has proven to be successful," but a large U.S. study showed no benefit.
- Fauci's Agency Says Don't Use Trump-Promoted Coronavirus Drug Cocktail Because of 'Potential for Toxicities'
- Wisconsin Officials: 7 virus cases may be related to in-person voting
- Trump Orders Navy to 'Shoot Down and Destroy' Iranian Boats After Fox & Friends Coverage of Tensions
- Pompeo: 'Iran Needs to be Held Accountable' For Launching Military Satellite
- Trump Reacts to Reporting on Kim Jong Un's Health: 'We Don't Know... I Wish Him Well'
Ayatollah Mystified That He Is the Only Dictator Trump Dislikes. - Andy Borowitz
How the hell did he manage to make a pandemic partisan? - Katie Hill
70% of Americans Consider Grocery Shopping Risky
Seven in 10 American adults in a new poll said they view grocery shopping as a risk to their health and well-being amid restrictions implemented to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.
JUST IN: Trump sends Emergency Medical Team to North Korea. Doctors Phil, Oz, Drew, Dre, Pepper and Dr. Scarf onboard, as well as ‘Acting Ambassador’ Dennis Rodman. - Hoodlum tweet
- Trump tells Georgia governor he supports move to reopen
- Plans to reopen Georgia for business get backlash
- Don Lemon Mocks GA Gov's Plan for Barbershops to Reopen AND Social Distance: 'You Have to Be Edward Scissorhands'
- Trump Reopening Task Force Member Helped Plan a Lockdown Protest, Warns More Will 'Start to Erupt': NYT
- El Paso mayor says city may sue Trump campaign over failure to pay $500,000 in rally expenses
- Charlie Kirk Posts Video of Himself Berating a Rabbi on Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Fox’s Brit Hume Says Biden Is Senile: I Have the ‘Same Kind of Memory Problems’
- McConnell says GOP will confirm Trump court picks through pandemic
So who is up for road trip to Ga. on Friday for tats, haircuts and some sweet, sweet bowling? - Ben White
Trump Misses The Adoration!
President Donald Trump is eager to hit the road.
As his own health officials continue to warn against nonessential travel, Trump has privately urged aides over the past week to start adding official events back to his schedule, including photo ops and site visits that would allow him to ditch Washington for a few hours. The day trips would be similar to those Vice President Mike Pence has made visiting businesses during the viral pandemic, according to three people familiar with the planning.
I'll never forget London during the blitz when Winston Churchill said "you know what, 2 weeks is long enough, just keep your lights on at night. German bombs are fake news anyway, we won." - Jesse Case
I just spent 40 minutes opening and closing my blinds to the tune of Camptown Races. - Conan O'Brien
Rock The Voter News
- House postpones plans to enact remote voting
- Joe Biden Gets Emotional About His Kids and Heroes of Coronavirus Crisis: 'I Marvel at the Soul of This Country'
- 72% Of Florida Voters Think Social Distancing Should Continue Into May
Trump Suggests Killing Coronavirus By Smothering It With a MyPillow. - Andy Borowitz
Yikes! Just What Small Business Owners Don't Need.
A data breach in the Small Business Association‘s online application portal may have compromised personal information for nearly 8,000 businesses seeking emergency loans last month, the agency said today.
- Nobel Prize-Winning Economist Warns US Could Be Headed to a Great Depression: 'It is Like a Third World Country'
- Trump Organization seeks bailout money from UK and Ireland
- Financial analyst: Disney properties won't reopen until 2021
What Will Facebook Sell Online? Faces?
Facebook Inc.’s $5.7 billion investment in a unit of India’s Reliance Industries Ltd. creates an e-commerce leviathan to take on Amazon.com Inc. and Walmart Inc. in one of the world’s most competitive internet arenas.
This #EarthDay give the planet what it really wants: you gone. - TweetOfGod