Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell changed the resolution laying out the rules of President Donald Trump's impeachment trial shortly before it began on Tuesday amid concerns from some key Senate Republicans and an uproar from Democrats.
The new resolution will give the House impeachment managers and the President's team three days each to make their 24 hours of trial arguments, instead of two as McConnell had initially proposed.
McConnell Approves Plan To Send John Bolton on Carnival Cruise. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- ‘Make Iran Great Again!’: Trump hits back after Khamenei’s gibe
- Iran confirms missiles that hit Ukrainian airliner were Russian-made
- Trump confirms plans to expand travel ban
- Alan Dershowitz Dodges on Trump's Ukraine Actions
GOP: investigate it for a hundred years!
GOP: hearings until we’re dead!
[POTUS OPENLY CORRUPTS HIS OFFICE]
GOP: wrap it up I have a tee time. - Jake Maccoby
More Cyber Intrigue
Documents suggest Trump's pick for Navy Secretary, Ambassador Kenneth Braithwaite, may have had an undisclosed business relationship with Cambridge Analytica before his 2017 Senate confirmation.
- Lev Parnas attorney shares video of Mike Pence with indicted Giuliani associate after VP denies knowing him
- Kellyanne Conway Claims Martin Luther King Would Be Against Trump Impeachment
- Alan Dershowitz Lashes Out at CNN 'Bullies,' Flails to Explain His Contradictory Impeachment Claims: 'I'm Much More Correct Now'
- Trump recruits House allies for his defense
- Trump says he doesn't know 'very angry' Greta Thunberg
- Very Stable Genius Author: Mueller's Friends Think 'Something Happened' to Him, 'Was Stumbling Over His Words' Before Congress
do fair trials generally take place in the middle of the night?do innocent people generally block every witness from testifying?asking for 65 million friends. - Jeff Tiedrich
Let Us Bow Our Heads In Prayer For The Departure of the Rule of Law
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials at Logan International Airport denied entry to an Iranian national who was set to study economics this spring at Northeastern University. Despite a federal court order to delay the man's removal, CBP placed him on a plane Monday night.
Call your Senator, they said.
Moscow Marco or Soviet Scott? I asked.
Life in Occupied Florida. - Leslie tweet
Thousands of armed white men took to the streets on a holiday commemorating a black civil rights leader who championed nonviolent protest because that's how racism works. - Middle Age Riot
The rules Sen. McConnell has proposed for the president's impeachment trial are the equivalent of a head juror colluding with the defendant to cover up a crime.
Call your senators and urge them to push for witnesses and evidence, not a cover-up. - Hillary Clinton
Rock The Voter News
- NPR Poll: Majority Of Americans Believe Trump Encourages Election Interference
- Joe Biden's elevator moment may be as good as a New York Times endorsement
- Hillary Clinton Rips Bernie Sanders: 'Nobody Likes Him,' He Supports 'Bernie Bros' Attacking 'Particularly Women'
- Supreme Court will again review Obamacare birth control mandate
Sanders Apologizes to Biden. But Not To Warren, Harris or Hillary.
Senator Bernie Sanders apologized to former Vice President Joe Biden on Monday for an op-ed written by one of his campaign surrogates that claimed Biden has a "big corruption problem."
"It is absolutely not my view that Joe is corrupt in any way. And I'm sorry that that op-ed appeared," Sanders told CBS News.
You might be a Republican if the thing you're most afraid of is a fair trial. - Middle Age Riot
- Trump brags of U.S. 'blue-collar boom' on world stage at Davos
- Trump threatens to tariff European autos if EU trade talks fail
- Uber to test feature allowing some drivers to set their own fares
- Supreme Court declines to hear Facebook facial recognition case
Susan Collins Takes Hours to Decide on Lunch Before Ordering Exactly What Mitch McConnell Is Having. - Andy Borowitz
Treasury Threatens Tariffs!
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned the United Kingdom and Italy that they will face tariffs if they move forward with digital taxes, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
If a 747 can carry the space shuttle.
I’m calling bs on overweight luggage fees
Thank you for visiting.