A top official with the Mexican government announced that the nation will sue the United States under international law.
“The president of the Republic has instructed me so that this posture and indignation from Mexico is translated, first in protecting affected families, and then in legal actions, efficient and prompt, quick and convincing so that Mexico can demand the conditions to protect to the Mexican-American community and Mexicans in the United States,” said Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard
How did abortions get banned faster than guns? Raise your hand if you’re sick and tired of Republicans using “1984” and “The Handmaid’s Tale” as f*cking instruction manuals. - Andrea Junker
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- US in the midst of a white nationalist terrorism crisis
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Delivers Somber Editorial on Gun Violence: ‘I Assume Not Much Will Happen’
- El Paso shooting victims list update: What we know about the Walmart victims as of Monday
- Trump says 'Fake News has contributed greatly to the anger and rage' after shootings
- Trump’s ‘sick’ attempt to blame the media for mass shootings is a prelude to destroying civil liberties: Harvard Law professor
If I get killed in a mass shooting please cremate me and throw my ashes into Mitch McConnell’s and Dana Loesch’s eyes while I’m still smoldering. - OhNoSheTwint
Mitch Has Ignored The House's Gun Violence Prevention Bill
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell faced a backlash on Twitter Sunday after tweeting that he stood with law enforcement and offered prayers to the victims of violence in El Paso...Rep. Katie Hill, D-Calif., said "shame on you," calling on McConnell to take up the House's gun violence prevention bills.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called on McConnell to cancel the Senate's summer recess and reconvene to pass gun control legislation.
Fox News did to our parents what they thought video games would do to us. - Ryan Scott tweet
Trump's Useless Thoughts & Prayers Are Just A Cover
President Donald Trump's suggestion in the wake of two mass shootings that immigration measures should be tied to gun reform legislation...
- Scaramucci Explains Why Trump Resorts to 'Hateful' Rhetoric: It Stokes Up His Base
- Trump mistakenly refers to shooting in Toledo
- Ohio politician blames mass shootings on 'drag queen advocates', Obama, open borders
- Nebraska State GOP Senator: Republican Party is 'COMPLICIT' in 'Enabling White Supremacy'
- Another Texas congressman planning to retire
- Rand Paul says part of his lung was surgically removed over the weekend
You can hear the audio version of the El Paso shooter's manifesto every single night on Fox News coming direct from Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham's mouth. - Jennifer Hayden
Mitch McConnell Fell And Broke His Shoulder
One day after appearing at Kentucky’s biggest political event, Fancy Farm, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is recovering after a fall.
Officials say McConnell tripped at home on his outside patio and fractured his shoulder Sunday morning, according to his aide.
He was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released.
Worth noting that Trump retweeted Katie Hopkins twice just hours before the shooting in El Paso. Hopkins, a vile bigot, has called refugees & migrants “cockroaches” who were “feral humans” that were “spreading like the norovirus.” - Brian Klaas
Rock The Voter News
- Beto O’Rourke Rips Reporter Asking How Trump ‘Can Make the Situation Better’ After Mass Shootings: ‘What the F*ck?’
- Confused Joe Biden condemns shootings in 'Houston' and 'Michigan
- Kamala Harris wants answers about understaffed California prison
- Democratic candidates tackle workers' issues at Nevada forum
In Stockholm today an old man asked me “what has happened to your country? You pulled out of Paris climate accord, you let anyone have machine gun, your president spouts hate. The America of my youth won World War II and was a model to the rest of the world. What happened?” - Robert Reich
If only Comey’s FBI had been this “hamstrung” taking out Hillary’s campaign.
...The FBI is hamstrung in trying to investigate the white supremacist movement... There’s some reluctance among agents to bring forth an investigation that targets what the president perceives as his base
- Dow tumbles 500 points after China devalues its currency
- Murdoch-owned NY Post calls for assault weapons ban: 'America is terrified'
- Walmart's Flipkart to add free movies, videos streaming to its app
- Elon Musk launches bizarre attack on The Queen
Japan has the highest video game revenue per capita out of any country.
US: 40,000 gun deaths/year
Japan: Less than 10 gun deaths/year
It isn’t video games, it’s the GOP, NRA and white supremacy. - Adam Best
It's China's Fault, Whines Trump.
President Donald Trump accused China on Monday of manipulating its currency as the trade war between the world’s largest economies keeps escalating.
“China dropped the price of their currency to an almost a historic low,” Trump said in a tweet. “It’s called ‘currency manipulation.’ Are you listening Federal Reserve? This is a major violation which will greatly weaken China over time!”
Trump’s “speech” sounds like it was written by WH interns who he found wandering in the hallways this morning. - Eric Boehlert