Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he would be open to a bipartisan proposal that would put an end to government shutdowns.
At a press conference Tuesday, McConnell said he hopes that shutdowns can be avoided in the future and would consider a proposal to stop them from occurring.
Trump is expected to spend Super Bowl weekend at Mar-a-Lago. And Sarah Suckabee Sanders will be spending it on the sidelines in case they need an extra linebacker. I’m not body shaming her, I’m saying she’s good at protecting someone with deflated balls. - Chelsea Handler
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump blasts intel chiefs for 'wrong' Iran assessment
- Maduro accuses Trump of seeking his assassination
- Venezuela's Maduro tells Russian media he's ready to negotiate
- France scrambles to move ISIS detainees out of Syria before U.S. withdrawal
- 'Several thousand' more troops preparing to deploy to the border, Shanahan says
Imagine having data from 17 intelligence agencies at your fingertips and choosing instead to get your daily briefing from a third-rate morning chat show. - Jeff Tiedrich
A senior United Nations judge who worked in one of the body's international courts in The Hague is reportedly resigning over "shocking" political interference from the Trump administration and Turkey.
The German judge, Christoph Flügge, accused the U.S. of threatening other judges after steps were taken to investigate U.S. soldiers' conduct in Afghanistan...
More Americans were killed last year by toddlers w/guns than by terrorists. I think we all know who the real threat is. - John Fugelsang
- No GOP appetite for a second shutdown
- Trump: Border security committee ‘wasting their time’ if not discussing a wall
- Senate Judiciary Committee delays vote on Barr
- Trump ally Roger Stone "won't be able to dodge the evidence," Jerome Corsi warns
- Roger Stone faces a gag order. He has a plan to resist it.
- Ex-staffer who wrote tell-all book shares Oval Office photos with Trump after being called "nothing more than a gofer"
- Bannon in documentary: I was ‘doing the lord’s work’ in White House
- Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley asking $200,000 + a private jet for US speaking gigs
Your refusal to accept the unanimous assessment of U.S. Intelligence on Iran, No. Korea, ISIS, Russia, & so much more shows the extent of your intellectual bankruptcy. All Americans, especially members of Congress, need to understand the danger you pose to our national security. - John Brennan, former CIA Director
I Didn't Know Trump Was A Super Spy
President Trump in a series of early morning tweets on Wednesday pushed back on warnings from his own top intelligence officials about the stark threats still posed by ISIS, saying the caliphate would “soon be destroyed.”
Trump doesn’t believe the US intelligence chiefs he appointed. But he does believe Vladimir Putin.
Rock The Voter News
- House Democrats Demand Treasury Records On Lifting Russian Sanctions
- Schiff teases using intel chiefs’ hearing to shoot down national emergency
- Harris town hall sets CNN viewing record
- Bloomberg tees off on potential 2020 rivals as he inches toward run
- Tulsi Gabbard campaign in disarray
Any sign of a SecDef nominee yet? I mean, this is a little weird to have such a long period without even a nominee to one of the most important national security positions in our government. - Kelly Magsamen
Is Impeachment Off The Table Because Pelosi's Waiting For Mueller...?
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is keeping her troops in line on one of the most divisive issues facing Democrats internally and the country more broadly: the impeachment of President Trump.
In an ideal scenario the President of the United States and the worst human being in the world would be two different people. - TheTweetOfGod
- Foxconn may not build $10B Wisconsin plant Trump touted
- Tyson Foods recalls more than 36,000 pounds of chicken nuggets after possible rubber contamination
- Schultz slammed by coffee mate
- Brexit brinkmanship - UK demands deal change, EU says 'non
This presidency is a hate crime. - TheTweetOfGod
DOJ versus China
The criminal charges against Chinese firm Huawei mark a sharp escalation in the Trump administration’s fight with China.
The company and Beijing are vowing to fight back and both sides are digging in, setting the stage for a battle that will likely impact upcoming trade talks.
The polar vortex caused hundreds of injuries across the Midwest today, as people who said “so much for global warming” and similar comments were punched in the face. - Andy Borowitz