In a blow to gun rights activists, the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday turned away a challenge to California’s 10-day waiting period for firearms purchases that is intended to guard against impulsive violence and suicides.
My generation went to the moon and ended the Vietnam war. This generation is capable of doing more. Do you know why?
Because we're Americans Goddammit!
NRA & GOP remind you that 49 dead in an Orlando nightclub, 26 dead at Sandy Hook & 17 dead at a FLA High School are just the price America has to pay so the next Nikolas Cruz can still easily buy an AR-15. - John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- 'No Words Will Do Justice': Onslaught On Syrian Suburb Kills Scores Of Civilians
- Ohio school district holds lockdown after student shoots himself
- Knox County Schools was warned of shooting threat but security unreachable, alert system down
- Indiana schools see a rush of reported gun threats after Florida mass shooting
- Two more Greater Cincinnati students arrested, suspected of making school threats
- Congressional Candidate Defends AR-15 Giveaway After School Shooting
- After Parkland Shooting, Conservative Media Criticize Calls For Stricter Gun Laws
- Newt Gingrich Calls For Every School to Have Minimum of 6-8 Armed Teachers
- Students from Florida's West Boca High School have walked out of their classes, heading towards Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, as part of a call-to-action by students in the area after the mass shooting last week that killed 17 people
- West Point posthumously admits shooting victim Peter Wang to Class of 2025
- Army awards medals to students killed in Florida shooting
- Facebook exec apologizes for claiming Russian ads weren't trying to sway 2016 election: report
The Olympic Committee has imposed more sanctions on Russia than our President.- Warren Holstein
Meanwhile, Back At The Tinderbox Peninsula
South Korea and the United States will announce plans before April for a postponed joint military drill, South Korea’s defense minister said on Tuesday.
From the Netherlands: I admire the teenagers in the USA, fighting for their right to live and not to get killed! - Dutch Wondering Tweet
Trump ‘went to play golf while they held funerals’ - Anderson Cooper, CNN
- Mueller-indicted lawyer Alex Van der Zwaan has a curious link to the Steele dossier — and that’s not all
- Dallas official to NRA: Take your convention elsewhere
- Justice Thomas unleashes angry pro-gun rant while Parkland kids beg for their lives on television
- MSNBC’s Maddow shames Trump White House aides for admitting Florida massacre was an ‘awesome relief’
- Don Jr. pushed dad to keep AR-15s legal while they both watched Parkland teen survivors speaking out on TV
- Trump denies kissing — or meeting — Rachel Crooks, one of 19 women who accuses him of sexual misconduct
- Republican state senator charged with extorting sex from a page
- Man featured in ads for pro-Trump dating site was convicted of child sex crimes: report
- White House spokesman: ‘I don’t know a ton’ about latest charges but they prove ‘no evidence of collusion’
- Mueller Is Taking a Closer Look at Jared Kushner
DeVos Says Trump Will Not Go Down as Worst President in History Once Schools Stop Teaching History - Andy Borowitz
Republicans Are At Fault, Not "Congress"
More than 6 in 10 Americans fault Congress and President Donald Trump for not doing enough to prevent mass shootings, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, with most Americans continuing to say these incidents are more reflective of problems identifying and addressing mental health issues than inadequate gun laws.
One of the first victims identified among the 17 people killed was Aaron Feis, an assistant football coach and security guard.
Conservative Goes After Parkland Shooting Survivors
CNN viewers on Tuesday demanded that the network fire conservative contributor Jack Kingston after he suggested that students who survived the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida were being organized by liberal activists.
I wish we could form some kind of Twitter human shield around those Parkland kids to protect them from the godawful soulless bastards who, predictably, are starting to attack them. - Rex Huppke
I'm old enough to remember when "President's adult son helps push conspiracy theory aimed at teen who survived high-school shooting that killed 17" would be kind of a big freakin' deal. - Rex Huppke
Rock The Voter News
- George and Amal Clooney join pro-gun control march following Florida school shooting
- George and Amal Clooney Donate $500000 for Parkland Students' March for Our Lives
- New Pennsylvania map gives Democrats big boost in midterms
- Former Pres. Barack Obama hits the gym, golfs in Rancho Mirage for President's Day weekend
High School Students Practice Using One-Syllable Words for Upcoming Meeting with Trump - Andy Borowitz
Meanwhile, Trump Is Trying To Replace Obamacare With GFY Healthcare
The Trump administration wants to allow insurance companies to offer more policies that have limited health benefits and that can reject customers if they have pre-existing medical conditions.
Finally, teens’ ability to deliver devastating blows to people’s self-esteem is being put to good use. - Jess Dweck
- Facebook plans to use US mail to verify IDs of election ad buyers
- Steven Seagal goes all in on pyramid cryptocurrency ‘Bitcoiin’ as ‘worldwide ambassador’
- South Korean Cryptocurrency Regulator Found Dead at Home
- SpaceX to use a net boat called 'Mr. Steven' to recover next rocket fairing
Man Only Buys Products Made Right Here In The USA By Cheap Immigrant Labor - The Onion
I Wonder If These Will Cost As Much As An Epi-Pen
The first treatment to help prevent serious allergic reactions to peanuts may be on the way. A California company said Tuesday that its daily capsules of peanut flour helped children tolerate the nuts in a major study.
Progress: I always give the audience a chance to ask questions before I end my show.
Last nite in Fla: "Talk about our president."
Me: "I'm not in that group. He's not my president."
Last yr here I got booed for similar, last nite, applause. - Elayne Boosler