In a secret deal, a French company purchased code from a Kremlin-connected firm, incorporated it into its own software, and hid its existence from the FBI, according to documents and two whistleblowers. The allegations raise concerns that Russian hackers could compromise law enforcement computer systems.
And to think, Rex Tillerson dismantled the State Department's cyber team.
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump’s Israel envoy wants the US to stop calling the West Bank ‘occupied’ by Israel — but Tillerson says no
- Troll so hard: Russia accuses U.S. of 'direct interference" in its prez election
- Former US Ambassador to Russia explains exactly why he was the target of Putin’s trolls
- Russian official said US trained former ISIS militants in Syria
Jon Huntsman is Trump’s Ambassador to Russia. When Governor of Utah he signed off on Uranium One doing business there. Republicans are asking for an investigation into Uranium One—which means they’re asking Feds to investigate the Trump Admin & one of it’s Ambassadors. Game over.- Scott Dworkin
Top NPR Russia stories of 2017
1. Comey testimony: Former FBI director accuses White House of "lies, plain and simple" about his firing
2. Moscow compounds seized: Cover lifted, a CIA spy offers his take on Trump and Russia
Cities Sue Dept. Of Defense
The cities of New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco are suing the Department of Defense for failing to consistently report convictions to a federal database that is checked before firearms purchases.
- Ex-Watergate prosecutor: Trump FBI attacks may amount to obstruction of justice
- Mueller wants ‘Trump’s scalp,’ says GOP congressman
- Billy Graham’s granddaughter smacks down modern evangelicals for ‘hypocritical’ Trump support
- ‘America’s Mussolini — but stupider’: Internet rains hell on Mike Huckabee for comparing Trump to Winston Churchill
- Pro-Trump singer who accused Corey Lewandowski of inappropriate touching files sexual assault report
- ‘It was the Lord’: Megyn Kelly swears God can help black men forgive dirty cops who lie to put them in jail
- New documentary reveals major coverup and corruption in Las Vegas police department — before and after the mass shooting
- S.E. Cupp Will Interview Sean Spicer For An Hour Because We Live In Hell Now
- Flynn’s brother calls for pardon from Trump
- 'We might have to get taller cameras’: CNN cracks up as White House tries to block them from filming Trump golfing
I haven't worked out the details but I'm pretty sure we can fix this mess with closed-circuit TV and a replica of the Fox & Friends set. - goldengateblond
New York Knows Trump Is A Con
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has taken legal action against the Trump administration or congressional Republicans 100 times during President Trump's first year in office..
A Viewer's comment on the 12-26 edition
Republicans don't care what he does. If he killed someone on 5th Avenue, Republicans would say the person had it coming. They all belong in jail. - Chelsea Handler
Hillary Clinton could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and do nothing, and they would say she shot somebody. - Brian Krassenstein
If these get put together (with a John Mulaney), we get a statement closer to reality:
Trump stands on 5th Avenue, and someone randomly gets shot 3 blocks away while he's standing there. In reality, he did nothing, but he tweets he shot the victim because they were a Homeless Liberal Gay Haitian Muslim Immigrant with Aids (who was new in town). Hillary Clinton, who was in Wisconsin at the time, gets blamed by the GOP and 5 senators call for an investigation of her because the emails will prove she did it. - Gretchen
When do the Make America Great Again ankle bracelets come out? - Randi Mayem Singer
Rock The Voter News
- Obama issues warning on social media dangers in Prince Harry interview
- 'Vanity Fair' Said Hillary Clinton Should Take Up Knitting In 2018 & People Are Riled Up
So Vanity Fair decided that the best way to end 2017 was to take a repulsive cheap shot at Hillary Clinton, one of the most accomplished women in the history of the United States. - Peter Daou
Obama And Hillary Remain #1
Americans once again are most likely to name Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton as the man and woman living anywhere in the world they admire most, as they have for the past 10 years. The pair retain their titles this year, although by much narrower margins than in the past. Obama edges out Donald Trump, 17% to 14%, while Clinton edges out Michelle Obama, 9% to 7%.
If I were Hillary my next book would be titled Y'all Can Go F-ck Yourselves.- Jeff Tiedrich
- World's Wealthiest Became $1 Trillion Richer in 2017
- Realtors association forecasts existing-home sales and price growth will slow heading into 2018
- CNN a "dog whistle" for "race-baiting, anti-Trump bigots," says Fox News radio host
- As sales drop, Harley-Davidson wants to teach more to ride
They didn’t save health care for 9 million kids. They didn’t save 800,000 DREAMers from being deported. They didn’t protect us from guns. They didn’t make us safer. They didn’t create any jobs. They didn’t help seniors, students or disabled.
Republicans only helped themselves.- Scott Dworkin
Mueller Questioning RNC Digital Staff
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team has started the process of questioning various Republican National Committee (RNC) staffers about the party's digital apparatus that worked with the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election...
Things are not all black and white. There have to be compromises. The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. -Dwight Eisenhower
Thank you for 17 years online!