Infuriated by the ongoing Russia investigations, President Trump continued to attack his own attorney general on Tuesday, accusing Jeff Sessions of failing to investigate former election opponent Hillary Clinton and officials who have leaked information to news reporters.
Busy news day recap:
The Senate trying to repeal healthcare for 23 million.
The President trying to repeal the Constitution for 326 million. - Erik Bransteen
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- US Navy fires warning shots near Iran ship in Persian Gulf
- North Korea Threatens to Strike US With 'Powerful Nuclear Hammer'
- US judge halts deportation of more than 1,400 Iraqi nationals
- Trump accuses 'Washington Post' of 'fabricating' facts from its US-Syria report
- Trump blasts 'fabricated' Syria story, appears to confirm covert CIA program
- Mattis rips Pentagon officials for $28M wasted on Afghanistan camouflage
- Taliban claims ‘the Russians’ provided their weapons
- Sean Hannity tells his viewers to harass journalists online
- Scaramucci on how he plans to stop White House leaks: "I’m going to fire everybody"
Well i for one have admired Mr. Scaramucci ever since the 80s, when he sold me that Isuzu.- John Fugelsang
This Is Bizarre
One week after an unarmed Minneapolis woman was killed in an officer-involved shooting, street signs criticizing "easily startled" police have popped up in the Twin Cities.
The orange traffic sign lookalikes depict a police officer jumping in the air, discharging a gun with each hand. "Warning," the signs read, "Twin Cities Police easily startled."
Russia Totally Innocent of Collusion, Says New Kremlin Spokesman Sean Spicer. - Andy Borowitz
Jeezus, How Many More Russian Connections Can Be Tolerated?
President Trump’s nominee to lead the Department of Justice’s criminal division used to represent a major Russian bank whose owners have ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Brian Benczkowski, whom Trump nominated for the position in June and will have his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday, disclosed to lawmakers that he used to represent Alfa Bank, one of Russia’s largest financial institutions
- President Trump Urges 'Loyalty' as Boy Scouts Boo Barack Obama at Jamboree
- Kushner speaks after meeting Senate investigators: ‘I did not collude with Russia’
- ‘These people lie constantly, the whole family does’: Watch Ron Reagan Jr bring down the hammer on Kushner
- Sessions has a VERY weak position on Clinton crimes’: Trump issues new loyalty test to attorney general
- White House video misleads on CBO health-care estimates
- The sad story of Charlie Gard shows there's no limit to right-wing political vampirism
- Bill O’Reilly claims Jared Kushner couldn’t possibly have colluded with Russia because ‘he looks like a high school senior’
- Trump Country: President's Approval Ratings Show He's Less Popular in Election Swing States
- Seth Meyers: Trump drove Spicer to live like a crack addict stealing co-worker’s appliances
My friend's drinking game word for the president's Boy Scouts speech was 'momentum' and now the paramedics can't wake him up. - John Fugelsang
Wow. Republicans are going to fly McCain in from his sickbed so he can vote to take away your healthcare. MY IRONY METER JUST EXPLODED. - Jeff Tiedrich
Ethics Lawyer Says Kellyanne Conway Should Be Fired
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway wouldn’t have lasted a week in the Bush administration, according to President George W. Bush’s chief ethics lawyer.
“At this point I think Kellyanne Conway ought to be fired,” said Richard Painter, who served in the Bush administration from 2005 to 2007, during an interview on Boston radio station WBUR Monday.
At this point I'm just grateful that Trump didn't address the Girl Scouts.- Andy Borowitz
Is Reince Priebus The Next One Forced To Resign?
White House press aide abruptly resigned Tuesday after President Donald Trump’s new communications director revealed he planned to fire him over leaks.
Michael Short announced his resignation hours after White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci told Politico that he planned to fire the press aide, an ally of chief of staff Reince Priebus
John McCain's decorated military record makes him a hero.
Getting on a plane to take away health care from millions doesn't. - Tony Posnanski
FUN FACT: All the Boy Scouts that attended Trump's jamboree speech just earned a merit badge for workin' with the mentally disabled. - Tea Pain
Rock The Voter News
- ‘It breaks my heart’: At 102, oldest living Tuskegee Airman laments continuing US racial discrimination
- Barack Obama, Jon Stewart slammed White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci before anyone else
For those keeping score: yes, Trump says he fired Comey for being too MEAN to Clinton, and will now fire Sessions for being too NICE to her. - Seth Abramson
This Is First Time I Hope John Boehner Is Right
John Boehner didn't mince words about the chances his former Republican colleagues will pass some sort of repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act.
"Here we are, seven months into this year, and yet they've not passed this bill," Boehner told a private audience in Las Vegas last week...
Chuck Schumer's "new" economic plan in the Times is great. I also liked it when it was Hillary Clinton's campaign platform. - The Rude Pundit
Paul Manafort Will Testify In Public
Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort has been subpoenaed to publicly testify before a Senate committee on Wednesday about Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.
The Senate Judiciary Committee announced Tuesday that it demanded Manafort’s presence for a public hearing after he refused to cooperate with their terms for a private testimony.
REALITY CHECK: There's no "circular firing squad" on the left. There's Bernie and his diehards still trying to hijack a party he won't join. - Peter Daou
I asked two ppl close to Trump why he is tormenting Sessions instead of firing him. The answer from both, paraphrased: Because he can. - Maggie Haberman, NYT
- US crude climbs 3.3% to 7-week closing high of $47.89 after Saudis vow to cut exports
- Microchip Implants for Employees? One Company Says Yes
- Popular Herbal Supplement May Be Harmful to Kids
- Alphabet warns investors that more EU fines against Google may be coming
This happened in the last 24 hours
Jared Kushner to meet with House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday to see if any of them are interested in investing in NYC real estate. - Tea Party Cat
This Is Why We Can't Have Universal Health Care
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Sunday blasted Elon Musk-style warnings against artificial intelligence (AI) as “pretty irresponsible.”
Zuckerberg took various questions via a Facebook Live broadcast over the weekend that showed him in his Palo Alto backyard. While slow cooking a brisket, the CEO fielded a user’s question about the future of AI.
"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt