Post-Hobby Lobby, Religious Orgs Want Exemption From LGBT Hiring Order
The day after the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby ruling, a group of religious leaders sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking that he exempt them from a forthcoming executive order that would prohibit federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT people.
What if Hobby Lobby was run by Muslims imposing Sharia law on workers?- George Takei
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Around 50 Indian nurses taken from hospital in Iraqi militant stronghold -Indian officials
- Iraqi Kurds: Time is ripe for Kurdish independence
- Iran eases demands for nuclear capacity at Vienna talks: Western diplomats
- Robert Mugabe says no whites may own land in Zimbabwe
- Man Arrested In NYC With Two AR-15s, Note Reading 'I Want To Die In Combat'
- CA teen shoots 9-year-old brother in face with shotgun after dad lets them pigeon hunt
Us War On Afghan Opium: 7 Billion FAIL
Opium production and heroin addiction are soaring in Afghanistan...The $7 billion US program to eradicate poppy cultivation there over the past decade has been a flop.
In Iran there's a TV show, a sitcom — it's weird that they even have a sitcom. But it's a rip-off of "Modern Family." They use Iranian actors and make shot-for-shot re-creations with the same plots and jokes. But their "Modern Family" has no gay characters. The most modern family on Iranian TV up to this point is the Flintstones. - Jimmy Kimmel
REMINDER: Most of what conservatives know about birth control comes from women inventing excuses why they can't have sex.- LOLGOP
- Law professor: Ted Cruz is knowingly lying about bill to ‘repeal’ the First Amendment
- The South Is Essentially A Solid, Grim Block Of Poverty
- Are the 10 Poorest U.S. States Really Republican?
- Thad Cochran's Tea Party Challenger Announces $1,000 Reward for 'Voter Fraud' Proof
- Even Bill O’Reilly thinks Ingraham’s plan to turn immigrants’ lives into living hell is nuts
- Ron Paul and Newsmax: Hospitals are ‘under siege by immigrants’ who might have ‘ebola’
More than 10,000,000 Americans gained health insurance in 6 months as 1.4 million found jobs, if you're wondering why the GOP is so mad.- LOLGOP
Mississippi Will Soon Be Burning
Mississippi state Sen. Chris McDaniel (R) seems to formally be gearing up for his legal challenge over the runoff results of the race for U.S. Senate in the state.
According to TIME, McDaniel has sent a "Notice of Intent to Challenge" to the campaign of Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS), which defeated McDaniel in the runoff election for U.S. Senate in June.
And in 2014 the most powerful mens rights group of all is the f'ing Supreme Court so #STFU you undersacked misogynistic narcissists- Lizz Winstead
Rock The Voter News
- Climate Justice Movement: Moment Is Now to 'Change Everything
- Hurricane Arthur intensifies as it heads for North Carolina
Nothing says God Loves Me like being part of a mob out to lynch refugee kids fleeing sexploitation. - Gen JC Xtian patriot
Massachusetts Cares About Women
Gov. Deval Patrick said Wednesday he expects to have a bill on his desk by the end of the month that would strengthen security around abortion clinics in Massachusetts.
Obama Sets Sights On Wall Street Excess
President Barack Obama on Wednesday said that “further reforms” of Wall Street are needed, arguing that there remains too much focus on making profits through big banks’ trading desks as opposed to investing in companies and the “real” economy.
“The world is my country. To do good is my religion.” – Thomas Paine, founding father.
- Oil declines, despite bullish oil inventory data
- June payrolls data lifts Dow over 17,000
- King, Caro among those backing anti-Amazon letter
- Marijuana shop sues IRS over cash penalty
- Sneaky malware lurks on your computer until you log into your bank
The last time the US economy had 5 straight months with 200,000+ new jobs, we hadn't gotten any George W. Bush on it yet.- LOLGOP
China And South Korea Snub North Korea
With a single meeting Thursday, the leaders of China and South Korea simultaneously snubbed North Korea, bolstered their already booming trade relationship and gave the U.S. and Japan a look at Beijing's growing influence south of the Korean Demilitarized Zone.
Work's tough now that my boss decided that coffee breaks actually cause abortions.- LOLGOP
Please Support My Work.
- Dutch killer Van der Sloot sets date for prison wedding
- Plane returns to Seattle with chanting passenger
- Ohio man took dead mom's Social Security benefits for 33 years
- One-Armed Cyclist Fined For Having Just One Handbrake
- Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter: Cops
Time To Deflate Photo
Kirill Oreshkin, also known as "Russia's Spiderman."