As COVID-19 ravages Florida, its Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis seems to have honed in on a strategy: blame President Joe Biden. A day after Biden publicly expressed frustration with Republican governors who are preventing businesses and schools from implementing mask and vaccine mandates, DeSantis fired back. “Some governors aren’t willing to do the right things to make this happen,” Biden had told reporters Tuesday. “I say to these governors, please help. If you aren’t going to help, at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives.” DeSantis and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott have both issued executive orders banning mask mandates.
DeSantis Blasts Other 49 States For Making Florida Look Bad. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without Republicans
- Fauci: US could see 200K daily COVID-19 cases in the fall
- Fauci Goes Hard at Unvaxxed: 'You May Allow' a New Variant That's Worse Than Delta — And Resists Current Vaccines
- DeSantis vows to stand in Biden's way on COVID-19 restrictions
- Richmond couple arrested with loaded guns near US Capitol, authorities say
- Woman in San Francisco leans out of car window brandishing AK-47
- Biden offering temporary 'safe haven' to Hong Kong residents
I'm pretty sure Republicans want us dead. - John Collins
Mexico Sues U.S. Gunmakers
The Mexican government sued U.S. gun-makers and distributors, including some of the biggest names in guns like Beretta, on Wednesday in U.S. federal court in Boston, arguing that their commercial practices have unleashed tremendous bloodshed in Mexico.
- Dick Cheney ridiculed after claim he's 'deeply troubled' by today's GOP
- Matt Gaetz Torches Fox News, Accuses Board Member Paul Ryan Getting Lou Dobbs Canceled
- Stephen Miller Cheered at Conservative Conference For Bragging About Blocking Refugees, Calling For End to All Legal Immigration
- McConnell: GOP will block debt limit hike if Democrats pursue spending plans
- Trump Ridicules US Women Soccer Team Getting Olympic Bronze Medal: 'Woke Means You Lose'
- Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade Spar Over Vaccines and TV Anchors 'Recommending Medical Advice'
- Sen. John Kennedy Lauds Vaccine Benefits Before Saying 'If You Don't Want to Take the Vaccine, Don't Take It'
- Trump wants his supporters to carry special gold 'Trump cards
Which Trump was cutting his lines last night with a random credit card and said ‘Hey we should make our own ‘Trump’ cards. We can put cool Nazi stuff on ‘em too’ Was it Adderall Sr. or Coke Jr.? - Noel Casler
South Dakota's 2nd Annual Super Spreader Event
Crowds of bikers are rumbling their way towards South Dakota’s Black Hills this week, raising fears that COVID-19 infections will be unleashed among the 700,000 people expected to show up at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
Ok, maybe it was wrong for Lauren Boebert to be giving tours of the Capitol just before the insurrection, but she is an elected official and I will defend to the death her right to be expelled from the House, arrested, tried for her crimes and thrown straight the f*ck into prison. - Jeff Tiedrich
Rock The Voter News
- Westchester County D.A. to conduct inquiry into Cuomo sexual harassment findings
- Polls Show 20% of Americans Have Ended Friendships Over Covid Spats — And 29% Have Lost Someone to Covid Death
- Unemployed Americans scored last-minute win in Biden infrastructure bill
The U.S. national women's soccer team are "losers" for taking home the bronze medal in Tokyo according to Donald Trump, the world's leading expert on losing. - Middle Age Riot
Rudy Handed Comey The Hammer
Rudy Giuliani told Department of Justice investigators that he made up claims about Hillary Clinton's emails ahead of the 2016 election..."I think [Donald Trump has] got a surprise or two that you're going to hear about in the next few days," Giuliani said Oct. 26, 2016. I mean, I'm talking about some pretty big surprises."
Two days later, then-FBI director James Comey announced the reopening of an inquiry into allegations that Clinton had mishandled classified information, which Trump and his Republicans used to bash the Democratic nominee.
Sure are a lot of polysyllabic words and coherent, in-depth policy arguments coming from the guy who the right wants you to believe has dementia. - Angry Staffer tweet
- Ex-Tesla Employee Called Racial Slur Wins Rare $1 Million Award
- South Park Creators Sign Whopping $900 Million Deal with ViacomCBS That Renews Show Through Season 30
- Kansas Republican asks for investigation into ESPN's role in Texas and Oklahoma moving to SEC
- Bill Gates says he regrets the time spent with Jeffrey Epstein: 'It was a huge mistake'
The Gulf Stream Is In Trouble
Climate scientists have detected warning signs of the collapse of the Gulf Stream, one of the planet’s main potential tipping points.
The research found “an almost complete loss of stability over the last century” of the currents that researchers call the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC). The currents are already at their slowest point in at least 1,600 years, but the new analysis shows it may be nearing a shutdown.
Folks walking around refusing to get vaxxed because of ‘side effects’ and fear of needles, but spent 6 hours in a tattoo parlor letting some dude named Meat draw on their neck. - Noel Casler