In the early weeks of the US coronavirus outbreak, staff members in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had tracked a growing number of transmissions in Europe and elsewhere, and proposed a global advisory that would alert flyers to the dangers of air travel.
But about a week passed before the alert was issued publicly -- crucial time lost when about 66,000 European travelers were streaming into American airports every day.
Troubling thought: What if these are the good old days? - Conan O'Brien
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- A study looking at the coronavirus genome in Israel found that 70% of the virus transmission in the country could be linked to the US
- Trump: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases Are 'Badge of Honor'
- Across the country, local officials defy state leaders on reopening
- Pastor and his wife likely spread coronavirus to 35 members of small Arkansas church: CDC
- Families of essential workers killed by COVID-19 face loss of health care
- Few signs Sweden's coronavirus strategy will save it any economic pain
- 2 Michigan dams breached, thousands evacuated amid flooding
I do believe that President Trump has been taking hydroxychloroquine. Since childhood. - Conan O'Brien
Pompeo's Taxpayer Funded Feasts
As federal workers file out of the State Department at the end of a Washington workday, an elite group is often just arriving in the marbled, flag-lined lobby: Billionaire CEOs, Supreme Court justices, political heavyweights and ambassadors arrive in evening attire as they're escorted by private elevator to dinner with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
VP Pence & Florida Gov. DeSantis visited a somewhat crowded Beth's Burger Bar in Orlando today. Pence was't practicing social distancing & nobody appeared to be wearing a mask. The pool reporter called it “chaotic” and said many local press, patrons & officials not wearing masks. - Vivian Salama, CNN
- Supreme Court blocks House from Mueller grand jury material
- Kellyanne Conway suggests Joe Biden is picking a woman vice president to have sex with her
- Howard Stern mocks the ‘wisdom’ of Donald Trump Jr.: 'You can’t argue with a genius like that’
- Pompeo Says 'Patently False' That He Had IG Fired as Retaliation, But Refuses to Say Why When Pressed By Reporters
- Kayleigh McEnany: ‘It doesn’t matter’ when people call me a liar because ‘I stand as a Christian woman’
- After scientist fired, Florida governor calls coronavirus data manipulation charge a 'nonissue'
- McConnell faces backlash from small business owners: Stop using our plight to push for COVID-19 corporate immunity
- Judge allows fraud suit against Trump, family and company to proceed
- Trump congratulates daughter on law school graduation: 'Just what I need is a lawyer in my family'
- GOP House candidate demeans Muslims and compares Dreamers to pedophiles
Trump Fears Painting of Obama at White House Would Spy on Him. - Andy Borowitz
I Hope This New Investigation Is As Successful As The Benghazi Hearings
Senate Republicans issued their first subpoena on Wednesday as part of wide-ranging investigations tied to the Obama administration.
The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee voted along party lines to issue a subpoena for Blue Star Strategies, a firm with ties to Ukraine gas company Burisma Holdings.
Wait they didn’t even finish locking up Hillary but they’re moving on to Obama? Sheesh. - Sarah Cooper
Rock The Voter News
- Federal judge rules Texans afraid of catching Covid-19 can vote by mail
- 'What in God's name is he doing?' Biden rips Trump's use of hydroxychloroquine
- Biden: Meatpacking workers must be protected
- Pelosi on Obesity Jab at Trump: 'Didn't Know He Would Be So Sensitive,' He Talks About Others' Weight
Trump Breaks With Tradition By Unveiling Portrait of Putin at White House. - Andy Borowitz
Revenge Shall Be Mine Sayeth The Trump
President Trump on Wednesday threatened to withhold federal funding to Michigan after its secretary of state, Jocelyn Benson (D), announced all of the state’s registered voters would receive applications for absentee ballots in the mail this year.
Somebody should call out the Elephant in the room before Don Jr. shoots it. Trump is a drug addict. - Noel Casler
- Ford Motor Co. Changes Mind, Won't Insist Trump Wear Mask During Visit
- Magic Johnson offering $100 million in loans to minority-owned businesses left out of PPP loans
- Cambridge University moves all lectures online until summer 2021
- Krispy Kreme is giving away free donuts to graduating seniors dressed in their caps and gowns
Here’s an idea. Instead of judging the recovery by the stock market how about we judge it by food lines and unemployment? - Claire McCaskill
On Friday, February 28, 2020, AHNC Noted That JFK Airport Was Not Screening People For Covid-19
The number of newly reported coronavirus cases worldwide hit a daily record this week with more than 100,000 new cases over the last 24 hours, according to the World Health Organization...The majority of new confirmed cases are coming from the Americas, followed by Europe, according to WHO’s daily report. The U.S. reported 45,251 new cases on Tuesday, according to the agency. Russia had the second-most reported cases Tuesday at 9,263
What I Googled in January: "Who directed 'Ford v Ferrari?'"What I Googled in May: "Can Murder Wasps get Coronavirus?" - Conan O'Brien
I wish I had a dancing partner in my garden.