The Federal Judges Association will hold an emergency meeting on Tuesday to discuss concerns members have over President Trump and top Justice Department officials intervening
If Trump loses in November too decisively to deny, there will be a spasm of pardons in December and January, including (who doubts it?) an attempt at self-pardon. - David Frum
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Iran sentences alleged US spies to up to 10 years in prison
- Ukrainian president tells US senators that he plans to avoid Rudy Giuliani
- Smugglers helping migrants scale Trump’s border wall ‘using $5 ladders’
- Steel for border wall in Arizona made by company with Trump PAC ties
- First Asian American sheriff in California vows to protect immigrants from Trump policie
It's disgraceful for the Pope to question Trump's Christianity, say people who spent 8 years questioning Obama's Christianity. - John Fugelsang
Trump's Budget Excludes Funding For Bomb Sniffing Dogs
New Yorkers could see fewer bomb-sniffing dogs at the city’s airports and train stations if President Trump gets his way.
Trump’s proposed 2021 budget released to Congress last week includes plans to eliminate a program that deploys dog teams to detect explosives at crowded travel hubs across the country.
Boy if FOX News keeps playing all those racist Michael Bloomberg quotes he might wind up as the GOP nominee.- John Fugelsang
- Trump Threatens to Sue 'Everyone All Over the Place' Over Total 'SCAM' Mueller Probe
- Trump announces slew of pardons and commutations
- More than 2,000 former DOJ officials call on Attorney General William Barr to resign
- Fox News reporter and right-wing conspiracy theorists planned to wiretap family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich: report
- Pastor Says God Will Protect U.S. From Coronavirus
- Rod Blagojevich: Ex-Illinois governor to get jail break from Trump
- John Bolton Slammed After Bemoaning 'Censorship' of Upcoming Tell-All: 'Money Before Country'
- John Oliver Rips Susan Collins for Hoping Trump Learned a Lesson With Impeachment: 'What Are You Talking About?'
- Kevin McCarthy says the President would rather hang out with the people who build his buildings instead of the people who buy the rooms from him
- CNN's John Avlon on Trump Hyping Bernie: 'It's a Trap' to Make a 'Radical' Democratic Socialist the Nominee
I want to be clear how utterly despised Blagojevich was in his own party in Illinois (a Democratic powerhouse).* That's probably why Trump is commuting his sentence.
He was impeached 114-1. He was convicted in the IL Senate 59-0.
*He tried to sell Obama's Senate seat for profit. He does not deserve commutation. - Bradley P. Moss
I literally wrote a book about billionaires taking over the world, and even I cannot believe that what is shaping up now is a contest between a billionaire and a guy who thinks billionaires shouldn't exist to replace a pretend billionaire. - Anand Giridharadas
Making Sure Sham Educational Institutes Thrive
Led by Secretary Betsy DeVos, the U.S. Department of Education in 2018 revived a Washington, D.C. accrediting agency, just two years after it was shut down by President Barack Obama’s administration. Now, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) is back to determining the viability of higher education institutions, and has reportedly approved Reagan National University, a college which doesn’t appear to exist at all.
Bloomberg Enrages Trump By Buying Greenland. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Poll: Mike Bloomberg Qualifies For Democratic Debate, Bernie Sanders Leads
- Bernie and Bloomberg Up Big in New NPR/PBS/Marist Poll; Bad News for Biden, Warren and Pete
- Joe Biden Calls on Bill Barr to Resign: Facilitating Trump's 'Greatest Abuse of Power'
- Elizabeth Warren: "I’m in this fight for and with Latinas"
How about a Bernie/Bloomberg co-presidency where Bernie redistributes all of Bloomberg's money and Bloomberg spends his time making videos that torment Donald Trump? - Rex Huppke
The Whistleblower of Russian Hacking Petitions Trump For Her Release
Supporters of Reality Winner, a National Security Agency whistleblower who leaked classified information about Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, petitioned Donald Trump on Monday for her early release from prison...Winner was sentenced to five years and three months in August 2018 after admitting breaching the espionage act by passing top secret documents to an investigative news website about the Russian hacking of voting software and its efforts to disrupt dozens of local election systems ahead of the 2016 election.
During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard. - Hilary Agro
- Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth
- 'Latest Con Job!': Trump Fires Back at Obama Touting Ongoing Economic Recovery, Misleads on Jobs Numbers
- Inside DOJ’s mysterious abandonment of a Russian money-laundering case against Deutsche bank
- Boy Scouts Of America Files For Bankruptcy
The #CatholicChurch #SouthernBaptistChurch and #BoyScouts are all facing pervasive sexual abuse scandals.
Coincidentally they have been those most relentlessly attacking the morality of LGBTQ human beings.
I think we're starting to see who the real danger is. - John Pavlovitz
I Watched This Stadium Being Built. The Chinese Workers Used Bamboo Scaffolding. BTW China Also Built Wind Farms in Nicaragua at the Same Time.
A $10 million donation from China to the Costa Rican Institute of Sports and Recreation (ICODER) will help fund renovations to the National Stadium, Costa Rica’s largest and most modern sports venue...While a giant Costa Rican flag waves on the western side of the National Stadium, the “Jewel of La Sabana,” as it was deemed by former President Oscar Arias, was constructed by a staff of entirely Chinese workers.
In June 2007, Arias severed diplomatic ties with Taiwan to officially establish Costa Rica’s new partnership with China. As a token of appreciation, the Chinese government offered Costa Rica a new National Stadium as “a gift” and spent an estimated $100 million on its construction...During a visit to San José earlier this year, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned Costa Rica against allying itself too closely to China.
I bashed people on Twitter, ate junk food and went to a strip club. How did you celebrate “President’s Day”? - Conan O'Brien