Members of the conservative small-government, anti-tax Freedom Caucus are having second thoughts about Donald Trump’s suggestion that he may declare a national state of emergency to get his border wall built.
Odd, how Donald Trump thinks thoughts and prayers will protect our schools, but not our borders. - Mrs. Betty Bowers
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- The U.S.-led military coalition in Syria has begun the process of withdrawing troops
- 'We want our pay!': Furloughed federal workers protest at White House on shutdown Day 20
- Puerto Rico governor rips report of Trump redirecting disaster aid funding for border wall
- Texas Trump voter now fears the president will seize her family's land to build his border wall
- Mueller investigating activities of pro-Russian Ukrainians that attended Trump inauguration: NYT
- Mueller's grand jury may end up furloughed or without pay if shutdown continues past mid-January
'It's pretty much inevitable' that Trump will try to stage a coup and overthrow democracy: Yale historian Tim Snyder
Who Does This?
Officials at Joshua Tree National Park say some of the iconic trees and landscape have been damaged by visitors and motorists during the government shutdown.
Government Shutdown Forces National Zoo To Turn Off Panda Suicide Cam - The Onion
- Former Reagan aide tapped as deputy national security adviser
- Donald Trump, Jr. tweets video imagining CNN’s Jim Acosta being violently run over
- CNN’s Jim Acosta claps back at Sarah Sanders for ‘twisting his words’ in tweet
- Lobbyists ready to ‘get creative’ to exploit Trump’s ‘national emergency’ for more government cash
- GOP Rep. Steve King tries to walk back support of white nationalism in NBC interview
- Rudy Giuliani 'can't imagine why' Democrats want to interview Michael Cohen: report
- Two GOP governors critical of Trump are the country's most popular governors
"BYE-BYE!" shouts Trump, as he pounds his fist on the table, flings open the door and angrily strides right into the coat closet - Jeff Tiedrich
Manafort Isn't Holding Up Well
Jailed former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is suffering from depression, anxiety and “severe gout” while behind bars, his lawyers say in new court filings.
Manafort is being kept in solitary confinement “to ensure his safety” but the conditions “have taken a toll on his physical and mental health,” his attorneys wrote in a document made public
It won’t be long until Donald Trump goes back to Puerto Rico and asks for the paper towels back. - Tony Posnanski
Rock The Voter News
- Nancy Pelosi on Mnuchin briefing: "This -- with stiff competition, mind you -- was one of the worst classified briefings we've received from the Trump administration."
- Congress approves back pay for workers affected by current shutdown, future ones
- Ocasio-Cortez responds to Joe Lieberman's criticisms
- Chuck Todd on Bernie Sanders: 'If you can’t manage a campaign, how do you manage the country?'
I’m offended by anyone calling Trump “motherf*cker” because it’s deeply insulting to Oedipus. -John Fugelsang
FBI Tells It Like It Is: The Shutdown Is A National Security Threat
The shutdown is a national security threat: "I'm not going to try to candy-coat it," said Tom O'Connor, the FBI Agents Association president. "We really feel that the financial insecurities we are facing right now equates to a national security issue."
If US politicians really wanted undocumented immigration to end, they'd start locking up the Americans who hire them. The demand for undocumented labor would swiftly end. They never talk about that. There's a giant "Help Wanted" sign at our border and it's not coming down. - John Fugelsang
“Build the Wall!!”
Trump is going to be left with a devout, but poor base that can’t afford to stay at any of his properties. He’s such a brilliant businessman. - Marie Connor
- Airline safety ‘eroding’ as shutdown drags on
- Tesla boss Elon Musk says he loves China, so Premier Li Keqiang offers him a green card
- Joe Lieberman formally registers as lobbyist for Chinese telecom giant ZTE
- CBS News in talks to hire Jeff Flake: report
Air Traffic Controllers Sue Trump
The National Air Traffic Controllers Association on Friday sued the Trump administration over the continued partial government shutdown, saying airline controllers are being deprived ”of their hard-earned compensation without the requisite due process.”
If an air traffic controller is guiding my flight, I want her concentrating on getting my ass on the ground safely, *not* whether she can make her mortgage payment...- Ray Smith
The Senate just adjourned til Monday, ensuring this will be the longest U.S. government shutdown in history. - Manu Raju, CNN
Wow, I found a video where Whitney Houston portrays me and Kevin Costner portrays you.